Why do people, especially women, enjoy lifting so much?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• michail71
    michail71 Posts: 120 Member
    Options

(P.S. I'm getting my PhD in biological and health research with a focus on cardiovascular disease. Trust me, cardio AND strength training together offer bigger and better cardioprotective benefits than either alone!)

Yes, too many lifters seem to take pride in not doing cardio. I love doing both! Well, HIIT cardio anyway. The gentle cardio on a treadmill isn't for me.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options

(P.S. I'm getting my PhD in biological and health research with a focus on cardiovascular disease. Trust me, cardio AND strength training together offer bigger and better cardioprotective benefits than either alone!)

Yes, too many lifters seem to take pride in not doing cardio. I love doing both! Well, HIIT cardio anyway. The gentle cardio on a treadmill isn't for me.

I tell people I don't do cardio, like it's a badge of honor....LOL. But I do cardio, just not LOTS and not 'specific as exercise' (I don't run, swim, etc AS exercise, but I ride my bike to work a couple days a week, go for even walks with my husband, and weeding/digging in the garden is more cardio than I thought it'd be...)