• marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart They are so cute!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart They are so cute!

Mega cute! I would mind encountering some of those, the loose dogs I meet are always big and look scary, even if they usually aren't.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart glad your Mom got to go to your sister's house and have a home health care come, but sorry they both got Covid 😒

6 treadmill miles this evening for me.

exercise.png
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart hugs! Fingers crossed the covid will be mild and soon behind you all. Good that your sister could get her home though.
    @quilteryoyo happy birthday!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone 😊
    9K (5.65 M) done in under 50 mins.
    2u8d7okpzugj.png
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    Great running everyone. I've liked as appropriate.

@polskagirl01 I'm sorry you are having to nap so much on your vacation, but glad you made it through yesterday without one. I hope you start feeling like your old self soon. CoVID is such a weird virus in how it affects people so differently. Sounds like today's jog/walk along the beach was a great one.

Those puppies are adorable @kgirlhart ! I hope the owner got them up and they didn't get hurt. I'm glad you were able to get your mom out of the nursing home. I think the people who do show up try their best, but when they are so understaffed, it does affect the care of their patients. I know the one where I used to sing at on Sundays said they were staffed to the minimum required by the state, but that is NOT enough...especially when people decided they will just not show up to work. I'm sorry to hear that they both have CoVID though. I hope they both just have a mild case and are feeling better quickly. Hugs to you on the stress level. It's tough. Hang in there.

I did my birthday 6.3 mile run this morning. It wasn't pleasant, unfortunately. The temperature was okay - around 73F with 78% humidity, but my body did not want to cooperate. Details are in the spoiler below. Also in the spoiler are pictures from the run...mountain views, geese and a sign that made me think...hummm. That brings my total miles (fast walking and running) to 12.00 miles for the month.
    I got up and drove to a paved track this morning to do my birthday run. It is hilly and way too sunny, but it’s the only good place that I have to do a long run if I don’t want to run out the road or on my driveway. It was a sNeasy (slow, emphasis on NOT, easy) run. I felt okay and my HR was good (Avg135, Max 145), but my legs did not want to cooperate. Sometimes they felt stiff and at other times like jelly. I would think it was because I ran further than I have all year, but they were like that from the very beginning. Not sure what was going on with that.

THEN, I came to the very hilly part of the course and I don’t remember that one hill being so steep. It was tough to walk up, so stopped at the top to talk to a lady, who was walking, for a couple of minutes.

THEN, I ate a honey stinger at about mile 2.5. By the time I got to mile 3, I was beginning to have tummy issues. By the time I got to the turnaround point, the furthest from any bathroom, of course, it was getting pretty bad. They have a bench there, so I sat down for a few minutes to see if it would go away. I felt some better, so I started back. I did have some episodes of having to walk until the feeling went away. I actually walked almost the entire mile 6 because of that. I was determined to run at least part of the last 0.3 miles a little faster and did so. But when I stopped running….well, it was a battle. Fortunately, it was one that I won. I walked my fast 0.35 mile for cool down and then slowed to a stroll back to the car. Once I slowed down, I no longer had the urge, so instead of taking an available short cut back to the car, I just walked the track all the way back. Overall, I fast walked 0.70 miles for warm up and cool down. I ran/walked 6.30 miles (63rd birthday) in 1:25:21 minutes for an overall pace of 13:33 min/mile. I accidently hit the segment button instead of the stop button once, so messed up my mile splits. But, the last 1.3 miles were at a 14:53 min/mile pace. My fastest mile was the first one, at 12:10 min/mile. The stroll back to the car was 0.77 miles. So, my total for the day, including the stroll, was 7.77 miles. Odd that it ended up all sevens. Overall elevation was 477 feet, per Garmin, but I really think it was more than that. What this run tells me is that I REALLY need to get a lot more mileage in before I try to run the 10 mile race in December.
    4uky2tsypg79.jpg
    Thought the trees made a nice frame for the mountains.

8l04094eam01.jpg
    I love old barns. I didn't notice that the cloud looks like a bird flying until I looked at the picture tonight. Since I wasn't flying, I guess something needed to be. LOL

wx0psk3pphjd.jpg
    Someone decided to decorate this bench for the summer. I thought it was cute.

o4oc3b8zpyta.jpg
    Saw a gaggle of geese in one of the fields.

az00zbcgdjmg.jpg
    The trail near the turn around point.

n1pd1ldyt19m.jpg
    This sign made me think. Since I'm not a criminal, can I trespass?

Thanks everyone for the advice on my training plan. Based on today's run, I think I will do the HM plan that I did last year for the HM. Even though it didn't make the HM easy, I think it would make 10 miles easier to do. It does have speed work a couple of days a week and foundation (slow) runs the rest of the time. And, if I have the time and energy, I may make some of the weekday runs a little longer too - or maybe up my pace a bit. We'll see. Life always seems to get in the way a day or two a week.

Happy (belated) birthday! Hope you had a lovely day yday
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    Thanks @eleanorhawkins and @tarun_yadavA . After running, I ignored all chores and relaxed the day away. It was really nice.

Great running @tarun_yadavA . Looks like you have a nice place to run.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @quilteryoyo 💗🎉🎂Way to get through a very tough run!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,057 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Happy birthday! Sorry your birthday run sucked but it looks like a pretty place. I love the term gaggle!

@kgirlhart I am so sorry to hear your mom and sister have covid after avoiding it for so long. It must feel like the hits just keep coming right now. Fingers crossed for mild symptoms for them both. On the upside, the most common variants right now cause significantly milder symptoms on the average than the first few we had so the odds are good that they will feel better soon. Also glad to hear your mom is getting to move to home health. It’s nice that your sister is able and willing to put in the effort.

@polskagirl01 Mountains versus beach? I probably would say mountains too these days. When I was younger I definitely would have said beach. I love the look and smell of a beach but don’t particularly like getting in the water. I like to hang out at a beach but much prefer to be out and about in the mountains. Also, the cooler weather that often comes with the mountains is a big plus in my book!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,057 Member
    Options
    August total: 14.2/105 miles

8/1: 5.1 miles
    8/3: 5 miles
    8/4: 4.1 miles

Treadmill miles last night. I tried piecing together 2 shorter runs. Not a fan. Maybe it was the runs I chose but I was adjusting manually a lot to keep moving when the instructor was doing warm up and talking. This one guy talked forever before the run started then the pace shot up super fast. Was hoping to like this method because there are a ton of really short runs that I will never use if I don’t do multiple at a time. I just don’t run in the 1-2 mile range anymore as a standalone. I may try it with different instructors one more time tonight just to give it a fair chance.
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    Good Morning from London! sixth successive 9K. Hope you all have a great day today + smash your running goals
    9zpd340oi1ka.png