August 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart I’m sorry about all of the recent stress. I hope your mom and sister aren’t affected too much by the COVID and that your mom can recuperate at your sister’s home.

@quilteryoyo Happy Belated Birthday! I’m sorry your run was so tough. I love your pictures.

You’re doing great with your training @eleanorhawkins!

@tarun@yadavA Great job with your runs!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart I’m sorry about all of the recent stress. I hope your mom and sister aren’t affected too much by the COVID and that your mom can recuperate at your sister’s home.

@quilteryoyo Happy Belated Birthday! I’m sorry your run was so tough. I love your pictures.

You’re doing great with your training @eleanorhawkins!

@tarun@yadavA Great job with your runs!

Thank you!! ☺️

And wow - 18 Miles! Awesome 🙌
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    @martaindale What instructors are you using? I just don't recall reading about it before, but I may have missed something.

I’ve been sampling randomly, basically choosing runs based on a distance that matches my plan and it being a recovery or long run so the paces are steady and not too fast. My random sampling has definitely led me to a heavy favorite though. I love Tommy Rivs! He talks throughout the run about all kinds of things. Running tips, history and politics of the country we are in, details about why the landscape looks the way it does, etc. Informative and entertaining. He also doesn’t waste a lot of time building up to the run or doing a huge cooldown. The treadmill does that for you so it doesn’t need to be a part of the run. Just a really good fit for my running personality.

• martaindale
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins That run definitely earns pizza! Great work. I was talking to my husband after reading your post. My husband is great and supports my running and all that so reading that comment about your hobby ruining your husband’s weekend really made me sad. It would hurt my feelings so much if he ever said something like that to me. I’m glad you have some running buddies IRL and here to share your running fun with!!

@marisap2010 Wow that is so scary! 41 years feels so young to be having those types of health problems. I hope your friend made it out of surgery and recovers.

@Scott6255 I saw on strava that you were out running at the same time I was in the miserable soup this morning. Your 10 miles were significantly faster than mine!
  • martaindale
    edited August 2022
    Options
    August total: 29.2/105 miles

8/1: 5.1 miles
    8/3: 5 miles
    8/4: 4.1 miles
    8/5: 5 miles
    8/6: 10 miles

Last night I tried putting 2 shorter runs back to back again on the treadmill. I used my favorite trainer and it was a much better experience. I think moving forward I need to preview the runs more closely to make sure they don’t have a long warm-up or cool-down and I am learning that some of the trainers just aren’t my cup of tea. Luckily my fav has a ton of runs so I can keep some variety. I really enjoy the guided runs and haven’t had to resort to my TV yet.

Today I got out early-ish for 10 miles. For the conditions I was really happy with my pacing. Most of my miles were in low 11 minute range, a little faster than my easy run pace right now, and still felt good. I had a slow down over the last couple of miles but I think most of that was because the temps were climbing and not so much because of my early pace. Stopped at a few water fountains to put some water over my head because unfortunately not a sprinkler in sight today. Headed out to dinner for my MIL’s birthday tonight with the family.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Welcome @rps67 !
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    8/1 15.28 miles
    8/2 15.31 miles, 1555 days on the run, 737 days HM+ Streak, Running Partner A
    8/3 15.56 miles
    8/4 15.46 miles
    8/5 15.33 miles
    8/6 18.55 miles, Running Partner A
    8/7 17.18 miles, 1560 days on the run, 742 days HM+ Streak

Do any of your running partners also have impressive streaks?
  • martaindale
    Options
    @rps67 Welcome! Congrats on jumping back into running. It’s awesome that your kid is also showing some interest.

@marisap2010 Sorry your run was so crappy. I’m really impressed that you stuck it out for the full 18 miles. That’s a big mental win for sure! The conditions right now are really tough for being so far into a marathon plan. You’re doing great!