Over 200 New Year New Me Part 29

Options

Replies

• lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Raider -

I hope it works out for you at the fertility specialsit. I was blessed when we went my insurance was awesome and covered all my procedures 100% (minus copay), but if i didn't i know they would of been pricey. I know my friend went through and didn't have as much insurance as i did, but just was doing chlomid (just pills, i was doing injections), still costly but not as much...I hope it works for you...I know the feeling of wanting a baby and not getting there.

The fertility dr told me that i need to loose weight , if i didn't get pregant that month we may want to hold off...i showed him though !! got preg that 1st month. I was 270ish for each of of my pregancy and had healhty preganices and healthy babies...

I talked to the dr, he said that it would be hopefully 24-36 hrs and then she should start getting better..that we are getting to the end of the hump. He said she HAS to drink..so i am on a missiong, 8 oz a hr , if she doesn't do it then ICARLY is off...for those you don't know what i carly is...be blessed...the show isn't that bad, but when you watch 1 epsiode (350 times) it start wearing in you.

They said she needs like 68 oz ,the dr said lets shoot for at least 50oz...hoping if i can push lots of fluids that will start making things better.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Deb: Use Serena's need for fluids as an advantage for you to get yours in, too! Drink water right along with her...she'll feel like she's not being tortured and you'll get your water in!

Cris: What a great idea using the 5k as a representation of your vow to be a healthier mom! That's so awesome. I'm going to start looking into the 5ks available around me for September/October time frame and see if I can't force myself to train for one. I'd love to do the 8k on Thanksgiving, but not sure I'll be to that point yet. Hmm...

Raider: I like to think things happen for a reason; even things we don't like or can't possibly think why'd they be happening. Perhaps holding off on the baby-making will be a good way to relieve the stress. Maybe it will help you conceive without the help of fertility drugs. Just trying to see the possibilities and stay positive. Again, sending good vibes to your uterus!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Deb-I have watched iCarly with my niece before. After 1 episode the show gets real annoying! My heart goes out to you. Hope you can get her to drink some fluids. Maybe you could get some of those crystal light packets? They are low cal and very tasty!

Heather-I think signing up to run a 5k is a great idea! I want to attempt another one!

Raider-Sending good vibes your way. Good luck with the fertility doctor. I'm with Heather. I think everything happens for a reason.

Cris-I love your idea of running a 5k for your baby! That almost brought tears to my eyes. I know when you DO run your 5k, I probably will cry. Only because I know how much you struggeled and how hard you worked. You are a very determined and strong woman!

Meokk-Take care of yourself. Hope to see you back soon.

POS Me-We miss you!! Come back to us soon as well!

Edit:
    Should we go ahead and start a new thread? I sent Ann a message and haven't heard back. Hope she's ok! I don't know what the thread locks out at.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Yay, running!!

I'm re-invigorated about it! I ordered some new running shoes -- New Balance 100s -- so I can start running at the gym more and on more populated trails (once it's not 100 degrees outside of course) without being pestered about my shoes. I LOVE my FiveFingers but I honestly don't see myself running 13.1 miles in them. Especially not a road race with hundreds of other people. I don't know how well they'd hold up to all the training on the pavement, either. So, NB 100s will be what I work on training in.

I found them and then I found them on sale on a site & then I found a promo code for 20% off sale items so I ended up getting them for $47.99. Retail is $75. Nike Frees (another minimalist shoe) are $85-$110 and I knew I wasn't comfortable dropping that much money on MORE running shoes since this is my 4th pair in the last 11 months. :indifferent:
    I went to the New Balance store near work to check my size (the 100s run a little small, by the way) & the guy working there told me NB is coming out with a sequel to the 100 -- the 101 -- in October. Those are supposed to retail for the same price. I'm sure the 100s will go on mega sale at that point but I still doubt they'd be much less than the $48 I'm paying. Plus ordering them now means I get to have them now. I'll probably be ready for a new pair by the time the 101s come out at the rate I'm planning to be running. :tongue:
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Ugh I ate some bad stuff last night and my body is punishing me for it. I woke up multiple times last night, threw up twice, and have had this bloated gas feeling for like 14 hours. I stayed home this morning from work (came in for a half day) so I could sleep a few more hours and hope to get the gross out. Still there. ICK.

LittleSpy - Glad you got new running shoes. I don't need them, but all that sale stuff....so tempting to buy! It always make me giggle when you talk about your FiveFingers shoes because I could never wear shoes like that. My second and third toes on both feet are webbed, so no toe socks or fancy running shoes for me!

Deb - Thinking of you and Serena. Patience is a virtue! Can you find any other shows for her to watch on your computer and stream them? Even if it's more iCarly, at least it's a different one!

Raider - Interesting how not being able to get pregnant yet may be a small blessing with all the changes that are happening in your life. Babies are wonderful...and expensive! I know that we need to be in a much better financial place before we can think about trying to get prego. Whatever happens, it happens for a reason.

Heather and Jess - I bet we could find a 5K that is happening the same day or weekend in fall (I'll need time to train b/c it's so dang hot this summer in NY for outdoor running!) and all sign up for it. Maybe it's the same day as Cris's! Sisters Unite!

Checking from yesterday...
    Cals - OVER - 1801...though I wonder how much of those I threw up...sorry - that's gross!
    Water - 80 oz
    Exercise - None
    Proud - As weird as it is, I am proud of my body for rejecting all the crap I put into it (slice of pizza, potato chips, bite of grilled cheese, some soft pretzel, 3 beers). Hopefully my head will catch up with the fact that this is not good food!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    elmox-I'm in! Depending when it is. I will look into 5k's around here. Hope you get to feeling better. Pretty soon your mind will know that bad food=bad stomach pains later that aren't worth it.

Julie-Congrats on your awesome deal on your new shoes!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Lauren -- Sorry you're not feeling well. Have you noticed you can't drink as much (alcohol) as you used to be able to drink? I noticed I can't drink more than about 4 pints of beer (sometimes just 3) now without nearly getting sick. I think some of it has to do with me liking stronger & darker beers now but I'm sure some of it has to do with having a lot less body fat, too. Just noticed you seem to be getting sick when drinking what seems like a perfectly reasonable and un-lush-like amount of beer and that's something I've noticed with myself, too.

I'm really buckling down to be honest with myself and see what my problem is and... Dun dun dun dun. I haven't been eating enough. I knew I hadn't. And guess what, I'm also eating too much. How's that possible? I'll tell you how. I've been so bad trying to see the scale move that I've been "struggling" to get to 1200 calories most days & then I lose my mind & eat whatever I want (within reason) and don't log food for an entire day almost every week. Yep, that's right, Every week for the last 2-3 months there' s a day I didn't log food. I'm sure I had an awesome excuse -- I have been pretty busy every weekend this summer -- but it has to stop. And it is stopping. Right now.

I changed my settings to lose 1 pound a week. I HAVE to eat more. I don't know why I still have such a mental block about it after all this time. There's no way I'm eating enough on one weekend day (which has usually involved a lot of exercise to make up for bad eating & drinking) to erase what is probably a 3500+ calorie deficit from the rest of the week. So, I'm increasing the amount of *healthy* calories I eat. And then I'll probably increase it again. I'm not playing around anymore -- I want this fat gone and I want to run that half marathon and I swear I'm going to do both or die trying. :smokin: :drinker:
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Julie-I really feel like I'm going to die trying to get out of the 21?'s...I live at 212 I swear. :explode: But, if anything. I'm going to die trying!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Julie: Congrats on your awesome deal on your shoes! You really ought to give seminars on bargain shopping!

Lauren: You don't have the flu, do you? I know it's going around the Twin Cities. I'd be interested in signing up for a 5k the same weekend as you and Jess. It's a bit hot to do much training outside here and I KNOW it has to be a bit hot for Jess, too. Let me know what weekend you're thinking....I just know Oct 9-10 doesn't work for me.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    There's no way I'm eating enough on one weekend day (which has usually involved a lot of exercise to make up for bad eating & drinking) to erase what is probably a 3500+ calorie deficit from the rest of the week. So, I'm increasing the amount of *healthy* calories I eat.

:laugh: I just realized these sentences don't make any sense. What I mean is that I'm not eating enough in one day to erase what SHOULD BE a humongous calorie deficit created in a week's time. And since I'm not losing weight and haven't really lost any in 2 months, I KNOW my metabolism isn't right. So that's what I'd be working to repair by increasing the amount I eat over the next few weeks/months.
    Sorry, sometimes things make way more sense in my head than they do outside of it. :tongue:
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    If I do the 5K I'm looking at one in November. I would hate to injure myself again and be a gimp for my sisters wedding. The idea of running another 5K scared the he!! out of me! :noway:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    THanks ladies

We are getting some liquids, 2 8 oz of apple juice , 2 popsiscles in slush form (6oz), and then a 8 oz powerade we are working on...She needs to keep at it , but we are going okay.

We have like 10 i carly's now...she did watch bolt today so that was a break.
  • Danielle_81
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Deb-I was gonna suggest maybe asking the doctor for something stronger for the night time with Serena? But if she's almost over the hump then maybe it's easier to just tough it out. And fluids are imperative for post tonsilectomy. If you're dehydrated then the throat is dry and then it hurts, more. So as I was typing this I was thinking, maybe that's what is causing more pain at night. I know I wake up ALL the time with a sore throat, especially if we have the AC or a fan running. So maybe if you run a humidifier in her room to get the air moister it'll help? Also if it takes an hour to get her to take the medicine (and the throat pain is what is getting her to not swallow her medicine) then maybe when you have to get her up to take her medicine in the nighttime just take her in the bathroom and run the hot water in the shower and make the bathroom nice and steamy. After about 20 mins of breathing that air her throat probably won't be as sore so maybe she'll be more likely to swallow easier and then go back to sleep faster?? This is what we have our mom's do with kids that have croup and it solves their throat pain (almost 99% of the time) in that 20 mins.....just a suggestion from your friendly telephone nurse! :laugh:

Raider-So sorry about your fertility issues! But remember that even women they say are "barren" usually ovulate once in a while. (myself as an example) I was told 6 years ago I would never have babies again "the natural way" I was crushed and then slowly moved on. In fact, I decided if I HAD to go to a fertility doctor then I'd just buy the sperm and do it that way, I mean no reason having to deal with a man otherwise! :laugh: I was subsequently diagnosed with PCOS and about 2 1/2 years ago, I started dating my husband. We never used birth control and I *kind of* paid attention to my cycles but hey I wasn't "supposed" to be able to get pregnant! Well color me suprised when a year and a half ago I was in the ER with a raging kidney infection and the ER doctor says, 'Hey did you know you're pregnant?' My response?? 'No I'm not can I have some pain meds?' :laugh: Well I was pregnant, but hadn't missed my period yet (it was supposed to start the next day) Anyway my point, I forgot about it, it took a while but I did get pregnant, I was "healthier" than I had been since getting pregnant with my daughter. I had just quit smoking 2 months before that. I hadn't lost any weight recently but the smoking went a long way with my health. But now I have a beautiful, LOUD 9 month old baby boy! So don't stress it! Just get all the info first and then figure out what you're gonna do! {{{HUGS}}}

Wow I'm a chatty Cathy today!

So my check in for yesterday....

Calories: under, by 63, but under :bigsmile: AGAIN!!!
    Water: 80oz, better, but not where I wanna be
    Sodium: under, for 2 days straight!!! woo hoo :smokin:
    Excercise: NADA
    Proud: that I was under with calories AND sodium 2 days straight

I'm a little irritated, I want to "complete" my diary entry before midnight so that way I'll get that message on my profile. :laugh: Totally stupid but that's my goal. This is me last night at home, 1157 pm, I'm sitting in the chair pumping, and my husband shuts the computer down. I say NO!! I have to complete my food diary so I can get the under message on my profile!!
    He says, oooo-kay....hits the power button, then says 'yup I'm going to bed' :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think he's figured I've officially 'lost' it!!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Julie, I've definitely turned into a lightweight. I'm with you on the drinking "good beers" (sorry Cris/Jess, not a lot of Silver Bullets for me!). With a homebrewer/beer-geek husband, I've had to expand my palate quite a lot. There's also something to be said that with beer consumption comes bad food choices.

So we were out at a birthday party last night with a bunch of media people (advertising, buyers, etc). Essentially, a bunch of fancy people with expense accounts that were all trying to get on the good side of the birthday boy (a guy we know from college who is now like a Senior Vice President at a huge corporation..,.oh yeah, he's like 26. WTF?!?). As the poorest people at the party (well maybe not, but it felt that way!), the birthday boy and then his friends kept buying us drinks. I went up to a new friend and said, "We should get some potato chips to share." A basket of potato chips - just one! Girl was drunk and decided to whip out her company card and buy two sandwiches, chili, an order of pretzels, and the chips. Over and over again I said we didn't need all that food, but dang! There was no stopping her. We left so much food on the table, it was ridiculous.

Anyway, beer + bad decisions in food = fun at the moment, but no fun later on.

I'm feeling a bit better now (still freaking gassy! Danielle, help me!), but will continue to take it easy. Heather, if this is the flu, maybe I won't feel so bad about my choices last night! :laugh:

November could be a good time for a 5K, chilly, but maybe that's not so bad. It seems like there's always a 5K happening somewhere in NY. Just let me know the weekend!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    I'm back!! :drinker:
  • Danielle_81
    Options
    So I was just looking at my "progress" :huh: not that you can really call it progress....Since I've started 6 weeks ago I've been gaining and losing the same 9 lbs. Maybe I should have waited until August to start because I do feel like I'm starting from scratch. I haven't had a consecutive loss yet. I've lost then gained, then lost then gained. It seems like every other week during July I had something going on and it's caused me to gain what I've just lost. I'm not expecting a "loss" from my lowest tomorrow but hopefully I'll see a loss next friday too. But what! Next week is my daughter's birthday. We are having a sleepover, going to the movies, the mall, and maybe an amusement park.....:embarassed: I suppose I'll probably have a gain next week too.....:sad: :grumble: :angry:
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I have never liked "fancy beer" I've always been a MIller LIte girl and I genuinely enjoy the taste... It's so good after a longday to pop a top and relax..too bad I'm avoiding it like the plague until the wedding I have mid august!

I actually don't have the actual date for the 5k yet it's called the turkey bowl 5k so I assume it's near thanksgiving which would be after my sons birthday but last year it was before so I dunno. Date isn't posted yet! That would be awesome if we all do one the same weekend!

Checking in:
    calories- 1320
    water- yup... Still chugging cause I'm hungry :(
    sodium- ugly!! 3000
    excercise- spin class!
    Cals burned- 600
    proud- that my gym buddy and I have reconnected and are working on a schedule to make gym visits more frequent! I'm actually excited!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Feeling a bit odd today. I had really healthy meals and then blew it by eating ice cream and chocolate as well.
    Still under on calories because of my exercise - I did the week 1 day 3 C25K today and feeling good about that.
    So very mixed overall.
    I am loving eating all of the vegetables that we have grown, tomatoes, potatoes, summer squash and cucumbers....yummy.

Ran faster today than the first 2 days of c25k I think because I was more confident, I'd done it twice already so I knew I could complete it and so pushed harder. Got a better cardio workout I think but legs not very sore so that's progress.

xoxoxo, miss you all bc I can't read everything these days with all the work, but I'll be back soon and do what I can for now.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    evening!

Check in
    calories, I am betting I'm over :( things I had today becuase I had no time to actually make me food..I had
    breakfast: yogurt (homemade) with trail mix and honey bunches of oat cereal ( not the best option but it's what's ready in an instant.
    Lunch: hotdog ( no bun) and a pack of cashews ( I think it was 1.50 oz).
    Dinner: tacos ( 2 of them) with the works; cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, lowfat sour cream, and 2 corn tortillas ( I fried them)
    snack: 4 Minute Maid fruit bars about 60 calories each...

water, not enough
    exercise, nada..I did move all my br furniture down a flight of stairs..and clean my room taped the edges and sanded the rough spots

proud, nothing really...I am too tired to think of something to be proud of after ingested - all of that I mentioned above. I feel so bad/guilty that I ate all of those bad things, but at the time I was very hungry. I would eat anything...

I am expecting a no loss tomorrow..I ca n feel it...

night gals,

Laila
  • Danielle_81
    Options
    Ok everyone, I need advice.

We are having issues with my daughter and her eating habits. How do you explain to an 11 y/o (12 in 5 days) that her eating directly affects her weight? She is 5'3.5" (as of yesterday) and weighs 158lbs. She is slightly obsessed with her weight. Weighing ALL THE TIME. But not willing to do anything about it. Her weight was never an issue until we moved away from my family (5 years ago) She is gonna be tall, we've known that since she was an infant. And I have been limiting her food more consistently over the past year. Since I've been doing this her weight has stabilized. She's maintained within the same 10lbs for a year now.

But.......I work 2nd shift, I have a sneak suspicion she is getting up in the middle of the night to sneak food. And we've had to start putting chips, cereal, ravioli, basically anything she likes in our room so she doesn't gorge herself on it. We figured out she went through 12 cans of ravioli in about 4 days once. We thought my sister was eating it too but she told us no she wasn't. That's a TON. Not sure if any of you know it or not but there's 2 servings in each can.

And then for instance yesterday, she had a can of spaghetti-o's for lunch (2 svgs) and then a can of ravioli for dinner (2 svgs) and about 830 my husband texts me and asks me if she had eaten lunch or supper because she just made and was eating 2 bologna sandwiches. So starting today I instituted portion sizes. She can have her ravioli, spaghetti-o's and other crap but she is following the serving size recommended. Well my husband just texted me and says, I just got out of the shower and Noah (my daughter) ate about 1/4 lb of cheese (block kind) and drank a 16oz glass of milk!! Now she probably wasn't hungry, but just went for that because it was the easiest access. And let me tell you my husband takes like 5 minute showers. I've timed him before.

So our plan is to get a lock for the fridge, freezer and pantry. I have no intentions of starving her, but I'm trying to save her the heartache of obesity later in life. She's already in the "obese" range for her age/height. I'm also worried about her developing eating disorders (other than over eating lol)

Any suggestions? Do you feel this is too drastic?