Over 200 New Year New Me Part 29

Options

Replies

• lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Danielle - That makes since about the fan, the last 3 nights she had the fan blowing right on her, it may be drying her out. I am going to try not having it blow on her tonight. I looked i don't have a humidifier, i remember it broke when we were moving last august.i have a vaporizer but nothing to go in it.

She ended up having like 41 oz of fluid today and some jello and pudding (thinking those are liquid like). It isn't where the doctor said she needed to be but much more than she has been getting...So tonight i am expecting issues hopefully it will be better...Planning on giving her meds at 10:30 then like 2:30 then 6:30, that would only have me waking up 1 x...hoping she will just take it and go back to bed...that is my plan at least...HOpefully the dr is right and it will start to get lots better.

I got on the wii tonight, was very pleasently suprised, I was under 257 ...not sure what tomorrow will bring, but hoping something.

I am very proud to say that on my ea active, i can now put the leg strap on without the extension thing. When i bought it in january, i barely could get it on with the extension (okay it wasn't an extension it was to be used if it was too big..but worked the other way too :smile:)

I was soo excited..
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Danielle -- I'm not sure about the lock. And my reasoning is this: The lock isn't going to teach her anything about exercise and nutrition. I wish someone sat down with me at her age and explained things to me but no one ever did. When I was 12 I thought I was HUGE. I would starve myself and binge at that age. I wore a size 9 - 11 and I was your daughter's height and weight pretty much exactly (and guess what.... I never got any taller :laugh:). She's almost 12 and she's going to find ways to eat bad foods if she wants them -- at school or at friends' houses or whenever you're not home. Sounds extreme but she could even steal them if she was motivated enough. I was pretty much getting into all kinds of stupid stuff at that age my mom had absolutely no idea about. Obviously you need to do what you feel you need to do as a parent and if I were in your shoes, I may feel differently. But you asked for opinions & that's mine. :smile:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I'll start the weigh in of....I'm showing a gain of almost 2 pounds...I'm guessing it's all the sodium from the passed two nights. I was within my calories but we all know mexican food is loaded with sodium. Oh well. The good news is my measurements are back to where they were...and I'm now showing 22% muscle. WOO!! And I am SORE from lifting weights yesterday. I gotta give my body to adjust to working out again...I didn't really expect to see a loss the first week back to working out. Next week!

Jess......+1.8..........0%
  • lildebbie
    Options
    I will be the first to weigh in.

I lost 2 lbs woohoo...I am over 60 lbs now !!!!!!!!!!Yay!!!!!!!!!!!

lildebbie........-2.........0.77
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Guess me and jess were the 1st at the same time :smile:

Jess.............+1.8..........0%
    lildebbie........-2.............0.77 %
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday ladies!

I can feel TOM looming (I have an appointment for my annual today... if I start before my appointment should I still go? I really need to get my birth control prescription refilled) Sorry, TMI I know.

Checking in for the week.... I am honestly completely shocked. I don't think I did all that well this week. And yet here we are:

tstout............-2.4..........1.06%

And for yesterday:

Calories - under
    Sodium - under
    Exercise - 30 minutes of walking because I showed up to the rugby meeting half an hour early and didn't want to sit in the bar all by myself
    Proud - Well more like "made me feel good"... I was talking to the bf on the phone yesterday at lunch and he said "So how much weight have you lost?" And I told him. He said "You're looking thinner all the time." WOO! Go me :)
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Oh! And for anyone who has difficulty calculating their % weight lost, I found this helpful calculator:

http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/calculate-weight-loss-percentage.html
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I'll do my weigh in later but wante to comment on Danielle's post.

I agree with Julie that locking the fridge is not a good option. You are making it "forbiden" almost and probably making her want it more...its just a child's nature I think to want it more if their parents take it away.

Anyway, I dont have the exact reason for it...but Jillian Michaels and Dr. Phil have both said locking up food is a BAD option. I think your best bet is to CHANGE the food you are bringing into your house and educate her on eating habits, portion sizes, and encourage her to get involved in something that keeps her active. Dont word it as "excercise" so much but find an activity she enjoys and get her doing it! I know its hard, just offering suggestions...Im afraid Im going to have the same issues with my son. Hes only 2 now but he eats a ton of snacks and not many meals. I heard thats common with toddlers but it still freaks me out that he may be on the same path I was as a child. So if he wants to snack, fine..I just make sure they are healthy options like fruits, etc. I also try really hard to make it a balanced meal- protein, veggie, starch. I am by no means perfect and hes had his share of mcdonals and other fast foods, I just try not to make it the norm for him.

Parenting is hard and you have to find what fits your lifestyle. I hope you find a solution soon...education is key though!

Cris
  • lildebbie
    Options
    I feel soo bad..

Last night we asked serena if she rather be woken up for pain medicine or let her sleep. S he said sleep, so we gave her meds before bed (10:30), she slept all night. We told her to come get us if she woke up and she hurt and we would give her meds. She woke up at 6, saying her throat her, no tears just whiny..came and laid down, i got her meds, then she went back to sleep.

Hubby said appearnetly she is more tired thatn in pain or she would be crying and not be able to sleep.

The dr said i could replace some of the pain meds with tylnol , not sure if i should start doing that or not. But i would think if she was in pain she wouldn't be sleeping.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Pos_me.......0.0...........0%

I thought I would see a gain this morning, but no I am the same. Thank GOD!

chat later girls,

miss ya

Laila
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    I can't believe I actually get to record a loss this morning! Not my lowest ever, but my lowest weigh-in ever (2 weeks ago I was 194.4. Today 194.2). I weighed 3 pounds more than this yesterday (which was actually down from earlier this week). This sure was a good way to wake up and reaffirm me about getting my act back together as of yesterday.

LittleSpy........-0.2........0.1% :laugh:

Also, I kept my word from last week & changed my ticker. I'm letting go of the 192.2 lowest weight ever. No worries though -- I'll be back there in a week or 2. :wink:
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Julie - WTG on the .2 lbs...!!! Every little bit counts !! YOu will get back down to 192 i know it !!!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Hey Cris & LilDeb -- I feel the need to point out something. Together, the 3 of us have lost more weight than Cris or I weigh!!! :noway:
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Hey Cris & LilDeb -- I feel the need to point out something. Together, the 3 of us have lost more weight than Cris or I weigh!!! :noway:

WOW!!! That is impressive....

Hard to believe I have almost lost as much as serena...Before the surgery she weighed like 67 lbs (i am sure less now so maybe i will be closer :sad: ) ..When i pick her up (yes sometimes i pick her up), she is sooo freaking heavy i can't believe that i was carrying that much extra weight on me. I barely can carry her up the stairs and i used to tote that me around everywhere.....dang.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Danielle-I'm with Cris and Julie I think locking the fridge is a bad idea. I would stop buying the stuff you don't want her to eat and start to educate her. Only buy so much at one time so she can't just bienge. Good luck. I hope you find what works best for you and your daughter.

Cris-My niece is the same way. She eats non stop. She snacks and when it comes to a meal she doesn't want anything to do with it. She chooses healither options though. Weird. As a kid she was perfectly content with a can of green beans over and bag of candy. At that age they are so active I think they just need the fuel. My niece as of right now is really petitie and tall.

tstout-I think if you start before you go either call your doctor and ask if they can just refill a month and reschedule your appointment or just go ahead and go. My doctor will usually go ahead and write me one more month if I am in that situation.

Congrats to those losers so far! I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope to be joining you guys next week. This not losing crap sucks! :explode:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    LittleSpy........-0.2........0.1% laugh
    Heather........-0.6........0.32%
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Jess: A 5k in November sounds good to me. Since you live in the hottest state, we'll let you pick the date! It gets pretty cold in MN in November but I've found I run better when it's chilly out.

Lauren: I'm with you "good beer" gals! My New Year's Resolution for 2008 was to try 50 different beers...I met it and have since tried many, many more.

Cris: I can't stand Miller Lite...it's the lowest ranked beer on my list. Weird how preferences can be that different, isn't it?

Danielle: I have to agree that locking food up isn't the best option because she'll want it more. She will be more likely to go "hog wild" when away from you (school, friend's, etc). Education is key. Tell her how being overweight has affected you and what it's been like going through this journey. Be active with her (play tennis, walk, rollerblade...).

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Under by 165
    Sodium: Under by 255
    Water: 76 oz.
    Exercise: Walking at volunteer work.
    Proud: That I saw a loss on the scale. I have 3.8 lbs left and I'll be at the weight I was in early 2006!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    I forgot to weigh in on the beer conversation...before I turned 21 I couldn't stand beer. I was liquor allll the way! :tongue: I started on Miller Lite, moved to Bud LIght and now for some reason I'm drinking Coors...at least it's not Keystone! :sick: I can't do dark beers though..

Heather-This trying 50 beers...isn't there a place in Minnapolis where they give you a card to keep track of the beers you have tried and stuff? I feel like I went there once when I went to visit but can't remember the name of the place! I'll look into 5k's today. I found one yesterday in November...can't remember which one it was though.
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I'm going to weigh in tomorrow because I can never quite trust my scale at home (sometimes it's over, sometimes it's under, sometimes it's exactly right!) and I'm going to check in tomorrow at my "official" scale. However, I feel like I did a really good job on my vacation and was able to maintain my weight - which was my complete goal. If I managed to lose, that's amazing. If I maintained for an entire of week of eating what I wanted (including a weekend of Grandma food!), I'll be reallt proud. If I gained a pount or so, I won't be thrilled, but I also understand that's a possibility.

Danielle, I agree on not locking up the food. Making things "forbidden" can definitely add to their allure and cause her to do whatever she needs to get them. It's a tough place to be because you don't want to give her a complex where she develops poor self-esteem and an eating problem, but you also need to be real with her about weight gain and childhood obesity. I think if you have better options at home, it will be better for her overall. I also wonder if you all can talk about eating healthy together. Obviously you are changing your eating habits and getting more active, it could be something you all do together. My two cents...

I'm pumped we're going to do a 5K together!!

Checking-in for yesterday
    Cals - Under - it helps when you're sick and don't really want to eat until like 5 p.m.
    Water - 72 oz - Random ? - Had 20 oz of VitaminWater Zero, does that = water? Discuss...
    Exercise - Eh none....wish I was back on vacation. Exercised all the time then! Haha..
    Proud - That I'm really committing to this 5K. I'll look for weekends in November I can do it. I know that November 13 and 14 are out for me - we've got a wedding that weekend.
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Cris - I have the same issue with my little one (she is 3 1/2) she wants to snack all the time but not eat meals. She doesn't always want bad stuff...she loves fruit , but loves stuff not good for her too..I have caught her several times hiding and eating food she isn't supposed to have...