Sexting in a relationship

Options

Replies

• jeardawg
    jeardawg Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask the question, you probably know what the answer is....
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Best thread ever..I needed a laugh :)
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    If my SO were doing this it would be the same as cheating to me. If you're happy in your relationship you shouldn't be going elsewhere for that attention. If you're not happy then just end it and stop wasting their's and your time..
  • GeekChiccc
    GeekChiccc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I believe if you're doing something you wouldnt do in front of your partner, then you probably shouldn't be doing it

^This

TOTALLY AGREE.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Texting is taking it too far, but if you send headless pics, you should be ok. :laugh:

LOL..so many people believe this!
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    In my relationship, it's perfectly fine. Half the time, we're sexting the same people. Or we're in the same room sexting others. It works for us.

I honestly am shocked that someone compared this to abusing children. After 2 years, I thought I'd seen it all. Well done, mfp. Well done. :flowerforyou:
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    My husband actually encourages it...of course, that's also because I get paid to do it.

So exactly what line of 'business' are you in? :huh:

And how does this sit with running for office?
    I work nights as a phone "companion". It helps keep a roof over our heads and food on the table as well as an emergency fund for when the car breaks down or the pipes freeze.

As for running for office, apparently my constituents don't think that my little side job affects my ability to help run a town.

Fascinating. I guess people have quite low expectations from their local politicians...
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Why sext in the first place? Booooooriiiiing!
  • d4ley1
    Options
    whats sexting?
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Nope. If I don't want my husband doing it I don't do it.

Every "revealing" picture I put anywhere goes throughout my husband first. If he is ok with me posting it then I do. It's all about respecting him and our marriage.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    whats sexting?

Give me your number I'll show you
  • d4ley1
    Options
    lol
    whats sexting?

• Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    ttt-115862719242.jpeg
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call it "cheating", but it'd definitely be shady & not okay in my relationship. However, it's all about rules in your own relationship. In open relationships, sexting wouldn't be a problem, most likely. Even in some physically monogamous relationships, sexting can be considered not a big deal. It's pretty sad to see people judging (i.e. the one commenter who says she gets paid to do it--- why does it matter to anyone what she gets paid to do/what her partner is cool with?)
  • d4ley1
    Options
    what about the old man?
    lol
    whats sexting?

• yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    My husband actually encourages it...of course, that's also because I get paid to do it.

So exactly what line of 'business' are you in? :huh:

And how does this sit with running for office?
    I work nights as a phone "companion". It helps keep a roof over our heads and food on the table as well as an emergency fund for when the car breaks down or the pipes freeze.

As for running for office, apparently my constituents don't think that my little side job affects my ability to help run a town.

Fascinating. I guess people have quite low expectations from their local politicians...

ah, yet another case of morality over capability. Maybe she'd be a supremely capable administrator? she clearly knows how to keep a household afloat in tumultuous economical times.

as for the topic at hand though, it depends on the relationship and the people in it. In my relationship, that's a BIG no-no partly because we met each other online and for the first year we had a long-distance relatioship with plenty of online naughty things going on... so if he were to do that with someone else it'd be like double betrayal.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    if she cant get pregnant, whats the problem?
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I would consider that cheating.
  • JasonAxelrod
    JasonAxelrod Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    We all have our own boundaries for what is acceptable and what is unacceptable in our relationships.

In the context of a monogamous relatonship, overtly romantic or sexual self-investment into another person is not okay with me. I won't kid myself into thinking that I or a potential partner of mine will never look at another person sexually, or that we'll never have the desire to flirt with others, be it for validation or self-assertion, or what have you. However, I draw the line fairly early there.

It really doesn't matter if it's over the phone, in a text message, or on the computer. If it's a medium through which intimacies are being shared that my SO knew I'd wanted reserved for myself, her actions would be a knowing betrayal of trust.

I won't say I'd never consider an open relationship in my lifetime, though.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Why sext in the first place? Booooooriiiiing!

This

Also, this can be subjective depending on the rules of one's relationship.

In a monogamous relationship most would consider it cheating. Spend that time, energy, and creativity on your SO and you will not have time for sexting.