WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Lisa- you deserve all that love and more.. cause we all love ya too !!!
    Went to the Dr yesterday..only complaint I have is the hip and thigh pain that keeps me from getting a peaceful nights sleep..
    So she has sent a referral to PT and we will start there.. she said it could be since ive been picking up Miles and and taking care of him .. but we shall see. I would much rather find something that works than have to go the orthopedic route..
    Machka and Debbie- glad your both in the healing faze..
    Kim- hope you weren't displaced or hurt with the earthquake..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    wn3i805p5wqo.jpeg
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ The cake looks delicious and the sea beautiful! What kind of icing is that? It looks so fluffy.

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Carol - it's royal icing and will dry hard. We have added glycerine so it doesn't go rock hard!

Heather UK xxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    qkpteoed7q60.jpeg
    Here am am coming home from my two hour walk in the snow after breakfast

that is beautiful!! No snow around here- Just cold(and not super cold, but cold to us)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    Ugh Terri ,what a bummer.. its so crazy around the holidays..
    The whole midwest is getting socked with ice and snow and freezing cold temps.. when it gets to us in Connecticut we will get heavy rain.. Im running over to Walmart for a pick up for both myself ( actually) Alfie lol and picking up a t.v. for Tracy.. Dan and she went in and got there dad a 32 inch for Christmas, gee I would have thought they could have sprung for a bigger one than that.. but hey who am I to say anything..keep my mouth shut..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    It’s a sunny day and I am enjoying the view. DH is ready for a nap.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    Once again I think I am done with my Christmas errands except for baking banana bread Christmas morning, and baking a cake for my parents anniversary tomorrow. They have sixty-six happy years!

And I got a lottery ticket for myself. Yay!

So things are going well. I have leftover pork loin with barbecue sauce planned for my parents dinner. Then I should be doing dumbbells but my shoulder is still troublesome. I only feel it when I get groceries. And when I sleep on it. So not too bad.

Annie in Delaware
  • Highmtnlady68
    Highmtnlady68 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, I will be 55 this spring. Doctor’s want me to lose weight. I went up to 250lbs. Lost 32.5 lbs. Fitness Pal only shows what my weight was when I started a little lighter. All my Doc’s want me to do weight loss surgery, but I’m still on the fence about it. Anyone else in the same boat?
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,826 Member
    Options
    Grateful:
    1 What is something that makes you laugh? My two dogs, Wicket and Brownie every day the do something to make me laugh.
    2 Something about the current season you’re grateful for. The Christmas spirit making people nicer at this time of year.
    3 What about your body do you love/are you grateful for? My hair. It is white, pretty full with lots of body. Hairdressers always comment on how they like to work with my hair. Growing it out this winter. We will see how long I leave once the heat comes back!
    4 Who is someone in your life that you’re grateful for? My children and grandchildren.
    5 What is a book that changed your life? The Blooming of a Lotus by Thich Nhat Hann
    6 Think about something you’re good at. Customer service.
    7 What is a lesson you’re grateful you learned? To forgive myself.
    8 A basic need that has been met. My housing at the campground. Free for hosting
    9 What are you most grateful for in the city/town where you live? The blue skies and 300 days of sun!
    10 What rejection in your life are you most grateful for? Losing my job at the print shop. It allowed me to take early retirement, buy this camper after selling my house and travel!
    11 Something you use every day. My phone. I know I know, but like others, everything is on it!
    12 Something you don’t need anymore. A big house
    13 Refuge – space you love in your home: My bedroom
    14 Item of clothing—The coat I bought last January in TN
    December 15 Taste—sweets!
    December 16 Touch—The loving touches from my fur babies!
    December 17 Smell ——Baking bread
    December 18 Sound—birds singing
    December 19Sight —-Snow on the mountains (but not where I am! Lol)
    December 20 Texture—-The soft skin of a baby
    21 Color
    22 A song that makes you happy.
    23 Type of weather you love.
    24 Professional who helps you.
    25 Something you take for granted.
    26 A TV show that you look forward to watching.
    27 A movie you watch over and over.
    28 An opportunity you’re grateful you had.
    29 A place you love to visit.
    30 A tool you find incredibly useful.
    31 A daily habit you’re happy you’ve cultivated.

Kindness Calendar:
    December 1. “Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others”: Sharing on here and hope it helps someone.
    December 2.:Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are: to be determined. I ended up talking to my uncle and a friend, both who live 2,000 miles away!
    Decembrist 3. Offer to help someone who is having
    difficulty at the moment. - I helped a mom fix her son’s bicycle.
    December 4. Support a charity, cause, or campaign you really care about. - I use Amazon Smile to
    5contribute to St. Jude’s Children Hospital
    every time I buy something, including gifts
    December 5. Leave a positive message for someone
    else to find. Left a note for DH with a
    chocolate kiss!
    December 6.Give a gift to someone who is homeless or feeling lonely. I made a person smile who was having a very bad day trying to get a campsite. I gave them one.
    December 7. Give kind comments to as many people as possible today. Done! Campers and DH
    December 8. Do something helpful for a friend or family
    member- I made an appointment for DH to get new glasses.
    December 9. Notice when you’re hard on yourself or others and be kind instead.
    December 10. Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them.
    December 11. Buy an extra item and donate it to a local food bank.
    December 12. Be generous. Feed someone with food, love, or kindness today!
    December 13. See how many different people you can smile at today.
    December 14. Share a happy memory or inspiring thought with a loved one
    December 15. Contact an elderly neighbor and brighten up their day.
    December 16. Look for something positive to say to everyone you speak to.
    December 17. Give thanks. List the kind things others have done for you!
    December 18. Ask for help and let someone else discover the joy of giving.
    December 19. Contact someone who may be alone or feeling isolated. - Going to cal my Uncle
    December 20. Help others by giving away something that you don’t need

RVRita in NM
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Machka and Debbie: Good to see you healing. Love the Bingo cards, M.

Heather: I am thinking of your friend L as she crosses the one year mark of grieving.

Same thoughts to Ginny and Jeannie.

KJ: You got this, and those kids are among the luckiest on the planet to have you in their lives. I think I want to try a version of Oh Sticky Tree with adults....hmmmm.

Rosemarie: Hope you and your DH have many more good mornings.

It's my second Christmas without DH and DB. I have cut waaaaay, waaaaay down with the making of meals and treats, but still find myself with some knee buckling nostalgic moments Decorated only to the extent to satisfy my need for a creative outlet including interior illumination of a certain cat tree. I ended the week having worked 5 shifts in 4 days, and really felt it yesterday. Got my regularly scheduled facial, came home for lunch, then fell asleep by 6PM. Today I slept in, skipped the gym, puttered in the kitchen making candied pecans and Rebecca's peanut brittle. Got the laundry done, but still need to take a shower and drop a couple boxes to the Post Office. My housemate leaves early Wed. to visit his parents for a week, so my quiet house will be even quieter. Just as well as I have myself scheduled to usher at Nut-Nugget events (Nutcracker Ballet and Nuggets Basketball). It's kinda awesome.

Stay well friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

I feel flattered to have it called Rebecca's Peanut brittle!🤗💖. Glad you do the facials, I plan on weekly sauna treatments once my surgery spots heal up a bit more. I have no pain and it feels so amazing! You always awe me with your strength of character and perseverance! Hugs friend!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Good morning, afternoon and/or evening, my friends...

Barbara AHMOD - Haven't you had issues with anemia before? I ask, because fatigue without cause has been the first signal of a lot of things this last few years for me. If it continues, maybe ask your doctor for a blood test to check? Thinking about you.

Karen in VA - People like that always leave me wondering what they would accomplish if they simply used all that rotten energy for good. I swear, the bad guys work harder to steal from people than if they just got into a real job that paid more. And defrauding folks like your brother should incur much more jail time than most crimes. Without you speaking up she might never have been caught. I'm glad you're pursuing these issues, both for your brother's sake and because you're probably saving others from her machinations.

Heather - Just here peering over your shoulder to see how far you get today on the book. :smiley:

Re: Shingles - I've had every vaccination there is. I get cranky about the VA, but they are really good on the vaccine side. Every time I have an appointment for anything, they review my records and offer the flu shot or whatever I should have, and then I have the choice.

My house has echoes of laughter in every corner... and a few tears still from me. My daughter was pretty broken up when they left, kept circling back around for hugs from me and from her dad, and shedding many tears. We're her home, and even though she hasn't lived with us in 13 years, we will always be her home. Military housing is never home, it's just where you sleep. But in 70 days, they'll be heading for Hawaii for at least four years, and no telling when we'll see her. Traveling is still a hard no for me, but I know me, and I know I'll start jonesing for my family at about the six-month mark.

Occasionally I still marvel at this extraordinary life. I was infertile, but I have a daughter and a son and grandchildren. I was a neglected wife, but now I live with a man who loves me without measure and proves that over and over again. I look into a future that I never knew was even possible, and breathe in every molecule of joy around me now, because I know how bad life can get. I don't know anymore if I "deserve" to have these things in my life--but I am ever grateful for the opportunity to have them all.

I'll go now, I'm getting tears on my keyboard.
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

This is the kitchen whiteboard I woke up to this morning:
    8j0q23jr6lrq.png

You are blessed beyond measure, and rightly so. You have a good heart. You can see the forest thru the trees, and count your blessings. Never stop, its the one grounding thing we have.💖🤗
    Hugs friend!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa