WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Thinking of you all, in the cold about to descend on the US. It's in our newspapers and online news. Sending big wishes for the power to stay on, and for all hospitality plans to work out. If not, I wish for peace for all.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip— Gorgeous photo of you and Kirby. ❤️. 💕
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    Darn it! I was helping my dad with his computer and missed an online medical appointment. I simply can't remember two things at once anymore - too many concussions. Every once in awhile I think about working again, and then something like this happens. Well, I was able to reschedule for tomorrow so no real damage.

When my dad's email changed a year ago, I told him he had to go through all the programs he uses and update it. But he said that was too much work. Now each program wants to do two factor identification, and of course they send the codes to the old email, but dad can't access that. And to update the email you have to login with the code. Not much I can do now.

So meanwhile I just need to settle down. Deep breathing. Thanks for listening, friends! It really is nothing compared to the power outages and freezing weather some of you all have. If there's no police and no ambulance, and we are warm and dry, it's not such a bad day. Okay, back to our regularly scheduled claim to clean my room today.

Annie in Delaware
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka, It might be the self-heal herb Prunella vulgaris.

We wondered about that, and it's plausible. But where on earth did it come from. We haven't had it before and now we've got a whole lot of it!

I do have to say, it looks a lot like Prunella vulgaris.

1iw1jj3m2aps.png

We also wondered about Salvia Officinalis. That would make more sense, and in some pictures it looks similar. But it doesn't smell at all like sage.

This, for example, is Garden Sage (Salvia Officinalis)
    8owq2diamwt4.png
    https://www.kew.org/plants/garden-sage

M in Oz

I vote for Salvia. The leaves are more consistent with your picture, and it spreads like crazy. I love Salvia. My favorite is Black and Bloom Salvia.

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Today's Christmas painting session. I may choose one to make a Christmas card next year. :D
    8svrn1fkdazi.jpg
    5pdzfgzrstwk.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

Oh my gosh I love these. Heather, you have a gift.

Karen in Virginia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Our daughter stopped in to bring us treats this morning. What an unexpected visit! ❤️ She left treats for us & has gone home to her family. She and her family are warm and safe, and so are we. ⭐️
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Hidee ho
    Im hearing about all this weather and we will be getting heavy rain and thunderstorms and high wind and possible power outages..im hoping the power outages don't happen..
    Lisa- that picture is a framer for sure.. love it!!!
    Heather- beautiful beautiful water colors .yes those would make beautiful cards for sure..
    Has anyone heard from Kim? I know she is near where they had the that earthquake and it was a doozy..
    Tracy is doing her dads Christmas shopping after work today so im staying a little bit longer today.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    Wow Tracey! Stay safe!

Annie in Delaware
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    nxg5799tqymb.png

Carol in GA
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Lisa ~ That is a great photo of you, Corey, and the grands! You all look so happy!

Heather ~ Your art work is impressive!

Good wishes and prayers to all who are living through the Arctic blast assaulting the USA.

Carol in GA
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,372 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    The wind is really up, and driving snow in front of it, and the temperature has dropped to 15 in the last hour. I've got the fire going, and Egg is happy with that. Reading and keeping the fire going is pretty much the agenda for the afternoon.

For us, Christmas is done, so no pressures left at all. Cor has the next four days off, so plenty of time to relax and sleep late on his part.

Heather, I think the Christmas ornament watercolor would make an amazing holiday card. Love the vivid color on both.

Betsy - Happy birthday!

Feeling serene in Arkansas,
    Love y'all
    Lisa
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    @dlfk202000 ... needles in the nose. That's a good way to describe it. My hip just aches deeply, but my nose feels like a 1000 needles are poking into it.

However, the bandage change and maybe a few stitches out should help a bit. I've had half my nose stitches out and should get the rest out tomorrow. And I'm not wearing a bandage over the tip of my nose when I'm inside. That feels better.
    cjx504ebdffr.png

Machka in Oz

my nose has not been covered since I got out of the hospital. There is a little gauze square that is stitched on-stitches are all exposed. My neck is where the large bandage is- pulls every time I move.

For the week between having the spot removed and the reconstruction, I did leave the bandage off for a few hours the last few days and yes, it did feel so much better.

Waiting to see what they do at this appointment tomorrow-Hope they say the graft is healing well. I have been very careful.