WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    16* in Georgia right now....praying for all the people who must be out in this weather!

Rosemarie ~ I hope your weekend goes well with the visitors! Lasagna sounds great.

Carol in GA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Machka yes I use calendar reminders on my phone but I had left my phone in my room.

Well I woke up anticipating a full winter storm but here it is warmish, and just a little windy. We are lucky so far. It rained gently most of yesterday.

I hope to meditate some today. My practice is slipping away.

Well, off to make a cup of hot green tea with honey. Have a great day, my friends!

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,717 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    We had heavy rain,and now its blowing s gail lots of power outages, we are lucky so far..
    Tracy is off today and monday so I don't have to watch Miles
    Will try and get stuff done around here.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    Thank you Betsy! Your kind words are much appreciated!

Annie in Delaware
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Mary do you disconnect it from your router before you shut it down. I am trying to get in this habit with my laptop. Ideally I would shut the router off too at night but DH likes to have it on so you can access it anytime. On the lap top it is easy to do you click on the fan like icon. When you see the icon that tells you are connected (it will have your router's user name) click on that and it disconnects you from the web. Your computer will say you are disconnected. When you want to connect click on empty fan icon. Click on the same spot you used to turn it off and it will reconnect you. Hope this helps.

When you turn it off it it is still connected to the router unless you disconnect it by the method I described above.

Annie Have you tried three minute meditations as a way to get back into the habit. You give yourself three minutes to meditate a few times a day. I do mine when I wake up and when I get ready for sleep.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,354 Member
    Options
    No work today so did some HIIT (gotta burn those calories for holiday eating!). Don’t know what the plan will be for tomorrow or Sunday. I usually take a long walk, but a lot will depend on the weather.

Rosemarie – I try to get a workout in whenever I’m not working. Sometimes I try to get a walk in around the block on days when I am working. I don’t know what it is, but when I come home from work I just don’t feel like doing a DVD at home. But I have no problem going for a walk. I sure hope that the caregiver comes and you can get everything done

M – when I had the skin tag removed, they recommended that I put this salve on it whose main ingredient was petrolatum. I have no idea why they just didn’t recommend petroleum jelly.

Off to finish packing the car and then to Jess’

Have a great day everyone

Michele NC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Margaret I don’t think we disconnect it from the router. We will try that. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETSY!!! Sorry I missed it yesterday.

Looking GOOD, Machka! Hope you heal quickly and feel so much better!

23 Type of weather you love: cool, crisp, about 65-70ishF is perfect, fall in the northern hemisphere.
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,355 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) My walking friend cancelled this morning so I had two hours to listen to audio books. I finished listening to "After the Ecstacy, the Laundry" and started "A Christmas Carol". It was dark, quiet, and the everything was still covered in snow. It was a perfect morning.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Barbie - we could use some snow for traction here. Our whole county has ground to a halt, freezing rain has covered everything with a coating of ice. Hwy 12 closed. Eerily quiet when I step out (gingerly) onto the deck. Supposed to warm up above freezing before noon.

I dug out my ice cleats and will strap them on and head out before long and hang the hummingbird feeder hung for the kids.

Pip - don't you miss this weather? You used to ride your bike to work on days like this! ;)

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We have snow and a significant wind today. I’m happily inside and warm. 🙂
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    December Gratitudes:

1 What is something that makes you laugh? My son. He has me in stitches nearly every day.

2 Something about the current season you’re grateful for? Season as in the holidays? I love the smells. Pine, cinnamon, cloves...season as in winter the silence. Snow muffles a LOT of sound.

3 What about your body do you love/are you grateful for? My skin

4 Who is someone in your life that you’re grateful for? My husband. He loves me no matter what stupid/silly/strange ideas I get into my head.

5 What is a book that changed your life? Revolution in World Missions made me rethink religion/missionary work and our "needs". Being Mortal by Atul Gawande totally switched my thinking about aging and caring for the aging.

6 Think about something you’re good at. Making children happy

7 What is a lesson you’re grateful you learned? Let go of things and forgive myself for my own shortcomings

8 A basic need that has been met? Food. With my love hate relationship with food, also comes the awareness that I have an abundance of food available to me.

9 What are you most grateful for in the city/town where you live? Living a five minute walk from the lake. It is always a soothing walk and sitting/walking by/in the water is like having the wrinkles ironed from your brain.

10 What rejection in your life are you most grateful for? It sounds funny to say, but I think I was rejected by Mexico, when I was a young, naive 20 year old. So many bad choices and bad things happened, and I think it was all kind of pointing me back home. The final straw/rejection was when a guy I liked flat out told me "You need to go home. You need help." This birdie flew home and started making better choices.

11 Something you use every day: My kitchen. It is no great shakes, but it is the room I am most comfortable in. When guests come over, we generally sit around the kitchen table and chat.

12 Something you don’t need anymore: approval or validation on decisions I have made, or actions I have taken. It is nice to get them; but I don't seek them out or need them. I trust my own choices.

13 Refuge – Lol. I answered that in number 12 I guess. My kitchen.

14 Item of clothing: thick warm socks. Whenever I wake up, winter or summer, I like to have thick socks on my feet. It is like a hug.

15 Taste: Hmmm...I love heat and acid the most. I love dishes that combine the two. Mexican and many asian dishes especially. Indian food does it too. So good!

16 Touch: I love the feel of freshly shaved legs on crisp clean sheets, I love the cool side of the pillow, and I love knobbly textures. I actually have a finger rubber (office supply style) in my purse. It works as a stress reliever. lol

17 Smell: Oh, so many. Fresh ginger and cilantro, rain on hot pavement, dirt and worms, cold, fresh snowy air in the morning, morel mushrooms and onions sauteeing in butter remind me of my grandma.

18 Sound: I love to hear the woodpeckers pecking away, and the screeee of an eagle or hawk as they call to eachother. I love the chatter of the little birds in the morning.

19 Sight : I love to see the light of discovery in children's eyes. The "a-ha" moment when they catch on to things. Makes my heart leap for joy!

20 Texture: Knobbly. Can't keep my hands off it.

21 Color: Well, that depends on what the item is.

22 A song that makes you happy: 500 miles by the Proclaimers and Viva La Vida by Coldplay are two. There are more.

23 Type of weather you love- I love the winter. The whole season with snow is wonderfully quiet and calming. BUT, I LOOOOOVE a good thunderstorm.
    24 Professional who helps you.
    25 Something you take for granted.
    26 A TV show that you look forward to watching.
    27 A movie you watch over and over.
    28 An opportunity you’re grateful you had.
    29 A place you love to visit.
    30 A tool you find incredibly useful.
    31 A daily habit you’re happy you’ve cultivated.

Happy birthday, Betsy!

lol I started this post at 7am. It is now, 12:40. I have been interrupted numerous times by my DH (definitely not dear in this case) and had to "start" things, like laundry, soup, and dinner into the crock pot. Ugh. I will catch up some more tomorrow. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)