WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2023

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Heather — Your flower art is lovely! ⭐️

Carol — So sorry that your brother had to leave his MIL’s funeral. So sorry that he has COPD and heart problems. ❤️

Annie — Sorry about your mother’s decline. Getting her to the podiatrist is a good idea. 🌸

I plan to visit DH in the hospital today. I haven’t heard from our daughter yet this morning. She will be my driver. 🤞🏻
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,819 Member
    edited January 2023
    2023 GOALS
    Word of the year: Appreciate :Definition—Recognize the full worth of. Today I appreciate my cell phone
    cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week.
    Average 7,000 steps a week.
    Update budget every 2 weeks
    Contact close family every week (4x)-4,
    Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)7,
    Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140.
    Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week.—1,
    Read 12 books at least this year.
    Pay off credit card debt by January 2024
    Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)
    Gratitude list

1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think —DONE
    2 List 5 things using each of your senses.Seeing my dogs all curled up sleeping, smelling my essential oils, tasting good food, hearing the quiet while walking, feeling the wind on my skin
    3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house. Gotta work on this one!
    4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever)
    5 Move for at least 30 minutes today
    6 Share a goal you achieved last year
    7 Slow down and savor one meal today
    8 Who was your favorite teacher
    9 Create something today
    10 What is your favorite lyric from a song
    11 Send a card/note to someone today
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023?
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol)
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week
    16 What made you smile today
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for
    18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself
    21 Pay it forward in some way
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?
    23 Go an entire day without complaining
    24 What about you makes you special?
    25 Spend time with a loved one
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend
    28 What fear have you overcome?
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten
    minutes...

Lisa, I’m with you on the family stuff. Stresses me too much but love them from afar.

RvRita
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,195 Member
    edited January 2023
    I don't do the lists either. I find I'm doing most of them, most of the time anyway! :D

My life is very present and informed and enriched by my past. I am writing daily about my past and feeling grateful that my life has transformed! Today I copied out two poems that I wrote for children for a poetry book that was published. I had almost left them out of my book as I had forgotten about them! Great to rediscover them.

Karen - Your comments about something I previously wrote kept me on the straight and narrow today. It was tempting, with the grandchildren coming, to abandon my writing session for the day. But your reminder kept me going. :D<3 I got a good two sections done.

I did a post on Instagram with four of the flower pictures I have done in a collage. The text is 'What fun life is when you don't have to be PERFECT' This is my new mantra. I am FREE from destructive self-criticism. B)
    Then I decided to do a quick life study of Max, playing with my phone. I was always terrible at Life Drawing at school and every infrequent time I have attempted it since. Considered myself a lost cause. It didn't come out too badly! Never too late!
    I want to encourage people to give things a go. I'm thinking of Lanette and her Spanish, and others with things they want to have a try at. Just do it badly, but do it. Give it a go.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Just work today, but none tomorrow so I will go to the gym to do a body pump DVD

Kim – that’s the reason I volunteer at the soup kitchen. I’m very grateful that I can afford to buy/eat lunch. There are too many people who can’t afford lunch. How nice of you to help those neighbors!

Kpolencheck – welcome!

Rebecca – gonna look at HL for that picture. I think it’s so cute. I don’t see it on their website, unfortunately. Then again, I didn’t look real hard. Gotta get to bowling in a few.

Terri – a picture of smiling Miles, isn’t that a great way to start the day???

Annefreewin – welcome. I like that “breaking free”. So very appropriate

Lanette – Vince took 5 years of French. He got to the point where he’d dream in French. I took lessons in Polish a while ago and the problem I had was that there wasn’t anyone to talk to in Polish. My father had passed away.

Debbie – prayers for Destiny. So young to be going thru so much. Like you said, the good thing is that they’ll remove the tumor.

Rebecca – your meals sound so delish. If you were to have breakfast, what foods would you have?

Jane – welcome!

Allie – I always liked Touched by an Angel

pip – HUG

Michele NC

My go to breakfast meals (that I have anytime) is 3 over easy eggs, with some fat free mayo drizzled, and a piece of oven broiled hearty wheat bread with butter. Or Klondike pancake mix with eggs and milk. Then syrup in a pan with either blackberries or blueberries in it. I mix some water with corn starch and thicken it to a nice fruit compote.🤗💖. Or I like peanut butter (PB2 mixed up) on pancakes with cut up bananas, and syrup drizzled. Sprinkled with walnut pieces.
    😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Well, I blew off groceries, that can wait until Friday. Instead I trimmed Teddy a bit. I did his feet and parts of his legs. They can trim his nails at the vet tomorrow. He is half Maltese and he grows hair like crazy. I left his back long so it looks bizarre but he will be warm outside. Not that he is ever outside more than ten minutes.

I decided I must have caught a bug. I'm getting occasional hot sweaty moments and that's not normal for me. Exercise tonight is going to take some willpower but I will do it.

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    I hear you, that I should call elder abuse. Unfortunately my sister paying for a lot of things house wise is her choice. By trying to keep this house functioning, mortgage paid, yearly taxes paid, utilities paid, its too much. They are living beyond their means, all parties involved. I could tell sister that but its something sadly that they have to realize on their own.

Families are just what we came from, but they aren't what we are now. I try to stay connected, yet at arms length with my sister and her family. For my own sanity. Plus for many years I put so much of my emotion into making our relationship work, it was exhausting! So its been a learning experience over the years most definitely.

Today we are having to wait around for the cars oil change. While he waits I am going to the post office for stamps. Then I will meander to the art shop with a piano and play until husband arrives. That should be fun. I don't want to eat prior because I won't really have access to facilities downtown. So my fasting time will be almost 25 hours. Its ok, I will eat when I arrive back home.

Finally contacted a dermatology office and they don't have appointments until this June. So had to call my insurance company to extend my referral date. Its ok, its just something I think I should start up, and husband gets seen at the same office. There is only one dermatology office here on the island as the one in Coupeville shut down.
    Hugs ladies!
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Hello ladies!! I just joined today and I am looking forward getting to know you all in 2023! I'm 57 and finding my self esteem going downhill and also my motivation. I have had several skin cancer surgeries with the most recent on my neck and the scar is very big and ugly at this point. I am on a journey of finding peace from within and living my life being present in all things. Knowing that "All truly is Well" no matter what trial I may have to face. I want to feel good about myself no matter what my physical body may look like but also take care of myself to the best of my ability as well. Finding support and being accountable seem like 2 good steps. It is a "Journey" I know. Hopefully with some new friends along the way.

My word for this year will be "Presence" I hope to find the peace I am looking for
    Wishing you ALL the best in this New Year of 2023
    Much Love!!
    Ang in Utah

Welcome Ang.
    This is a great group of ladies.
    I (and another lady here) had melanoma removed three weeks ago. Both of us had it on our noses. The procedures were a little different but we are both healing. Mine, they took the graft from my neck so I too have the big scar on my neck right now. Take it easy and let your body heal.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, Ca
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,060 Member
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,522 Member
    Welcome Jane and Ang!

Oh Pip, I'm sorry for a lot of things. I'm sorry about your childhood and I'm sorry about your NYE and the interesting NYD. It sounds like you've had some good therapy or some really good coping mechanisms over the years.

Beautiful paintings Heather!

I don't always by into words for the year, but I clicked on somthing a couple days ago and "breakthrough" popped up. Don't know if it means anything, but it clicked so I might hold onto it for a while and see if it sticks for any length of time.

We were supposed to go back into school today, but mother nature had different ideas. We're going to get snow today, anywhere from "several to A LOT". You never know what that means in MN! LOL It's been snowing on and off since about 930 this morning. Sometimes those wonderful, big, fluffy flakes and right now, little, tiny nothings. I'll let you know tomorrow what comes of it.

3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house... cleaning out a couple of our kitchen drawers today. Wish me luck!
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
    I really, REALLY like this gratitude thing, so I grabbed a boatload of these lists and I tweaked it big time! So I'm going to keep it going... myself. One day you're doing, or NOT doing... like the 1st, the next day you're thinking/reflecting.
    1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think
    My three minutes turned into five and then almost ten... it was so relaxing. But then Mom was really into transcendental meditation when we were kids and taught us all how to do it. I've missed that. We were all able to slow our heartbeats WAY down. I've used that so many times in the last several years in all sorts of meaningful ways! LOL Think I need to add this to my daily prayers every morning again.
    2 List 5 things using each of your senses… hoar frost on my trees, that beeper that we can’t find that keeps going off, morning coffee that tastes sooooo good, tapping the computer keys, congested(lol)
    3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house... cleaning out a couple of our kitchen drawers today. Wish me luck!
    4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever)...
    5 Move for at least 30 minutes today...
    6 Share a goal you achieved last year...
    7 Slow down and savor one meal today...
    8 Who was your favorite teacher...
    9 Create something today...
    10 What is your favorite lyric from a song...
    11 Send a card/note to someone today...
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023?...
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today...
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol)...
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week...
    16 What made you smile today...
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for...
    18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently...
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself...
    21 Pay it forward in some way...
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?...
    23 Go an entire day without complaining...
    24 What about you makes you special?...
    25 Spend time with a loved one...
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?...
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend...
    28 What fear have you overcome?...
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice...
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?...
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...

Booze and drugs helped a lot at the time, lololol

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,522 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/kids- 1hr 59min 46sec, 77elev, 2.95ap, 93ahr, 114mhr, 6.11mi= 670c
    Strava app = 748c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 28.28min, 259elev, 157aw, 21.2amph, 121ahr, 156mhr, 10.05mi= 229c
    Strava app = 253c
    Zwift stats- 28.21min, 262elev, 156aw, 54arpm, 21.38amph, 10.1mi= 254c
    Other- 25min, kitchen, vacuum = 150c

Total cal 1049

Walked Lucy 3mi, her nails started to bleed.