WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,192 Member
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    In my little checkbook register that stays with my checkbook, I only write down the check numbers and amounts. It is very few, maybe 3 a month. In my big checkbook register from Amazon that stays on a shelf in my office, I write down every checking account transaction, most are debit purchases, but automatic deposits and bill payments as well, and keep it meticulously balanced to the penny. Meanwhile, I use YNAB to keep electronic running totals of all my accounts, including my two credit cards, with each transaction labeled by budget category. It’s overkill, but it works for me and I love it.

I need to be like you. I haven’t tried YNAB but did download it. I need to do that again and actually pay for it to use it.

RVRita
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 966 Member
    kevrit wrote: »
    On another note…. The new meds my doc put me on for depression/pain after one day use, seems to be helping! YAY I hope it continues. Pain less= better mood and less depression.

RVRita

Good news! We hope it continues too.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,597 Member
    edited June 2023
    Don't do any budget balancing. I just keep an eye on the balances online so we don't go overdrawn. It's all automatic. No cheques for years.The only bills I pay are the cleaner and the window washer, and that is digital.. I know the dates when the pensions are coming in and more or less when big bills are going out. D H pays for the car, the TV licence, and all insurance. This month, the joint account is a squeak, but we will make it. :)
    The great thing about going on a cruise is that everything is prepaid. Always come back to find some credit in the bank. :D No spending on Amazon, and food, meals out etc.

DH went to have his hair cut today. I asked him to look in the local big pharmacy for our favourite moisturiser. No luck. He called in at random in some cheap chain and found it! Two bottles. Hooray! More expensive than in the past, but we are happy. Why do they discontinue popular items? The last time it came up on Amazon there were 50 people looking. No good for us as it was a July delivery! We clearly aren't alone.
    I just like the things I like. Why change? Grrrrr!

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Lisa I’m sorry for the loss of your friend. It sounds like he was loved very much by you and your family. 💕

💕Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,785 Member
    <3
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited June 2023
    (((Lisa)))—So sorry for the loss of your friend. Friends are so dear—❤️ 💔 ❤️

Katla
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,057 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 8min 39sec, 77elev, 2.86ap, 86ahr, 113 mhr, 6.19mi= 578c
    Strava app= 758c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 1hr 28min 58sec, 984elev, 40gear, 113aw, 17.3amph, 102ahr, 130mhr, 25.64mi= 437c
    Strava app= 579c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 29min 2sec, 986elev, 113aw, 46arpm, 17.25amph, 25.6mi= 579c

Total cal 1015
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    :) ❤️ :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,773 Member
    edited June 2023
    It’s evening here. Our last Monday Painters meeting went well. Last week I found out that the girl who organises the teas for the group had just lost her husband. They weren’t long back from a holiday abroad. He had heart problems last year. She woke up one morning and found him dead in bed. The funeral was on Saturday and there was a service of remembrance today. I had the other group members sign a sympathy card for her today, and took it round to hers after the meeting. I was planning to put it through the door, but she and the family were just returning from the service when I got there, so I was able to deliver it in person. Very sad.

I’m planning to go to craft tomorrow morning.

I always keep a check on my finances. Don’t write many cheques these days, but always write payee/date/amount on the counterfoil. All our bills are paid automatically, and I mostly use my credit card for purchases. I’m not particularly spendy 😝 and we have a comfortable cushion for unexpected expenses. DH and I operate separate accounts, but all are joint, so that we don’t have a problem getting access. DH checks his frequently online, but I prefer not to do that for now. I check bank statements carefully, and often print out a running total if I’m near the bank, or at an ATM.

🤗 🤗 🤗 and 🙏 🙏 🙏 to all.

☘️ Terri
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,474 Member
    Worked, now making hard boiled eggs, will probably go in the pool in a bit. Update: it started to rain

Barbara – I did call the dentist’s office to ask if there was a reason they couldn’t take the crown off, move the pin, and put a new crown on. There might be a reason, I don’t know. Admitted, a root canal would be a permanent fix, but I wonder if this might save me from having a root canal. It’s not as painful today and it was Friday. I just want to know all my options. Right now I’m tending to lean towards a root canal if something is needed.

Rebecca – I’m glad your cat bite isn’t bad. When Loki accidentally bit Vince last year, he had to go to the ER for antibiotics.

Allie – I think of Penny quite often and wonder how she’s doing

Lanette – as weird as this may sound, I like mowing the grass. One thing is that the loudness of the lawn mower drowns out any other sounds so I’m left with just my thoughts

Shrinking drkatie – YEAAAAAA

Took a walk. The sun came out (finally!) but I don’t think I’ll have time to go in the pool today before ceramics.

Michele NC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2023
    Allie,

Miles is already turning from a toddler into a little lad! o:)

Karen in Virginia