WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    I painted some more today. I finished this last night, I just had to seal it and out the door on. You can’t see it in the picture, but there is a roll of toilet paper on the wall. 😂. I put some lights up through the one hole so it is a little light in the bathroom. I have slowly been redecorating my bathroom. I think this about does it.

i27h8thkbu7b.jpeg

Tracey in Edmonton

That outhouse is so cute and well done!

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    🤗 💕 🫂 🐶
  • Machka9
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    kevrit wrote: »
    June 2023 Happiness
    6ob2r7xnvuie.png
    1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month.
    2. Say positive things in your conversations with others.
    3. Re-frame a worry and try to find a helpful way to think about it.
    4. Take a photo of something that brings you joy and share it.
    5. Think of 3 things you’re grateful for and write them down.
    6. Get out into green space and feel the joy that nature brings.
    7. Do something healthy that makes you feel good.
    8. Find joy in music: sing, play, dance, listen or share.
    9. Ask a friend what made them happy recently.
    10. Bring joy to others by doing something kind for them.
    11. Eat good food that makes you happy and really savor it.
    12. Write a gratitude letter to thank someone.
    13. Take a light-hearted approach. Choose to see the funny side.
    14. Share a happy memory with someone who means a lot to you.
    15. Look for something to be thankful for where you least expect it.
    16. Speak to others in a warm and friendly manner.
    17. Take time to notice things that you find beautiful.
    18. Look for something good in a difficult situation.
    19. Get outside and find the joy in being active.
    20. Rediscover and enjoy a fun childhood activity.
    21. Send a positive note to a friend who needs encouragement.
    22. Watch something funny and enjoy how it feels to laugh.
    23. Create a playlist of uplifting songs to listen to.
    24. Bring to mind a favorite memory you feel grateful for.
    25. Show your appreciation to people who are helping others
    26. Make time to do something playful just for the fun of it.
    27. Be kind to you. Do something that brings you joy.
    28. Notice how positive emotions are contagious among people.
    29. Share a friendly smile with people you see today.
    30. Make a list of the joys in your life and keep adding to it.
    RVRita

1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month.

I have been enjoying coding during the first 2 days of the month. That's been really good.
    Also the 25 flights of stairs a day.
    2. Say positive things in your conversations with others.
    Chatted with a work friend about our gardens first thing this morning.
    Smiled and thanked people as usual.
    BTW - thanking the bus driver at the end of a trip is a thing here. :)
    3. Re-frame a worry and try to find a helpful way to think about it.
    Where do I even start? A single worry?
    There are so many worries rumbling away in the background but I try not to think about them or dwell on them.
    I try to focus on the good days or even good moments.
    4. Take a photo of something that brings you joy and share it.
    gyl9w79yjxhi.png
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/
    5. Think of 3 things you’re grateful for and write them down.
    My job. The place we live. My husband. Our cat. Oops, that's 4.
    6. Get out into green space and feel the joy that nature brings.
    Every day!
    But this week has been wintery so I haven't walked far at lunch.
    7. Do something healthy that makes you feel good.
    Climb, climb, climb, climb! This week I have climbed 109 flights of 20 stairs.
    Plus walking.
    8. Find joy in music: sing, play, dance, listen or share.
    I listen to ABC Classic at work ... classical and related music. This week, the 10 am - 1 pm program has been featuring George Gershwin and I have been loving it!
    9. Ask a friend what made them happy recently.
    My husband and his bees and garden and bicycles.
    10. Bring joy to others by doing something kind for them.
    Told a kid I liked his sunglasses?
    Told a friend that he was welcome to come cycling with us.
    11. Eat good food that makes you happy and really savor it.
    I was so hungry by the time we got back after the bicycle ride, just about any food would have made me happy. I started with popcorn.
    12. Write a gratitude letter to thank someone.
    I don't write letters. Emails ... but not letters.
    13. Take a light-hearted approach. Choose to see the funny side.
    I often just have to laugh.

14. Share a happy memory with someone who means a lot to you.

I'll share it with you.
    Back in 2008, I lived with my parents (as a home base) and sort of lived in Edmonton as well, while going to the University of Alberta.
    During that time, my father and I cycled together a lot ... and I am so glad that we had a few years then to cycle together a lot.
    One of the places we'd go a few times a year is out to the Nordegg area.
    I miss cycling with my father.
    And I miss cycling that road. Of all the roads I've ridden around the world, it's my favourite.

Even seeing it in photos brings a smile to my face.

2pm7ljfp4mul.png
    s7wrktrf9fcg.png
    gcvphc7ekweg.png
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/albums/72157605871338498

15. Look for something to be thankful for where you least expect it.

Thankful that our trip logistics went well despite several challenges such as one of our booked accommodations suddenly cancelling on us the day before we were meant to be there. We found a good alternative. :)

16. Speak to others in a warm and friendly manner.

Mostly.

17. Take time to notice things that you find beautiful.

So many beautiful things which we hadn't seen in a long time.

18. Look for something good in a difficult situation.

As mentioned, we were able to find alternate accommodation which was quite nice. And we were able to have a great dinner in a place we've been to once before.

19. Get outside and find the joy in being active.

I love being outside and active!

20. Rediscover and enjoy a fun childhood activity.

Cycling. :)

21. Send a positive note to a friend who needs encouragement.

:)

22. Watch something funny and enjoy how it feels to laugh.

I don't laugh. But we did watch The Concierge.

23. Create a playlist of uplifting songs to listen to.

As mentioned in an earlier post, I have hundreds of CDs which I've ripped to various devices so I can listen to what I want, when I want.

24. Bring to mind a favourite memory you feel grateful for.

My memories ... good and occasionally not so good ... are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/

I am thankful for the last time we were able to visit Canada, 6 years ago.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/albums/72157682899188730

Machka in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,737 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    We are getting much needed rain..ran over and fed the critters at Tracys ,they should be home late morning so my shift is done with that. Dan should be flying out tonight to arrive tomorrow early am.I saw a few pictures on instagram..looks like he had a great time.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    Getting a quart a day from my strawberry patch. DH and I eat them the day I pick them. YUM! Spoils me for store bought strawberries.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Good Saturday!
    Machka I am happy you had a chance to get off island. How did your DH handle it? I know mine gets so anxious when his routine is disturbed especially in an abnormal place.

So I missed all the drama which is okay as I had my own going on. I think my DH was men- strating last week. 😅 He was awful. It didn't help that we were down 2 mechanics, had a one day sale, and you know who can't stay at work. Still no excuse to be nasty. I actually believe SIL said something to him after I told her I was "this close" to quitting. He and I finally talked Saturday at a friend's daughter's wedding.

The wedding was in Kentucky on our friend's family farm. The"flower girl" was a Highland miniature cow that is the bride's aunt's. It was nice to hang with old friends! Got to see a baby deer on way to wedding too.

One mechanic had surgery last week. They damaged his esophagus removing the breathing tube. Not sure when he will be back. The other asked to leave early by 30 mins on Tuesday. DH told him no. He could wait unbelievable closing like the rest of us. Well, he has been sick since Wednesday. I would doubt him except he lives paycheck to paycheck and didn't come to work yesterday to get his check. Thankful DH was there on Wednesday to help answer phones otherwise I really would have been solo since SIL doesn't work Wednesdays. We managed 🙌

Have oldest granddaughter last night and today. We watched "Ford vs Ferrari". It was her first time. I always enjoy it. Today we are off work for a car show. 🚗 Hoping someone shows up to help SIL. But she will have to manage.

I think my dairy intolerance has expanded to cheese. I have been snacking on cheese. On Thursday morning, I had a "rude" awakening. Shower, cleaned carpets, stripped bed, and imodium. Didn't think about it last night and had pizza for dinner. Belly not happy. Still not working so will be a good day! N loves the car shows. Makes for a proud Mamaw.

I will make up for lack of OT work tomorrow. Invoices were all done when I left yesterday, but lots of paperwork and training to do. They are calling for severe storms tomorrow. Lisa stay safe as I know they are coming from your direction. It has been nice to finally get some rain this past week.

I got hooked on "Outlander". Now have to wait for weekly shows :( May have to check out books. I too really liked " A man called Otto". Finishing up "Manifest" now. After that will check out "Breaking Bad".

Better get day started.

Hugs for all because we need them!
    Healing thoughts and prayers for those in need.
    Congratulations on the losses and continuing journeys!

You are all special to me!
    <3
    Kylia in muggy Ohio
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Tracey yes I am happy with my results so far, but I have a ways to go until she gets here July 24. Plenty of room for improvement!

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Good Saturday!
    Machka I am happy you had a chance to get off island. How did your DH handle it? I know mine gets so anxious when his routine is disturbed especially in an abnormal place.

You are all special to me!
    <3
    Kylia in muggy Ohio

Anxiety is probably the best word for it. It didn't go as well as I had hoped but now I've got some data to review and can consider some changes for next time, whenever that might be.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    I have done some walking over the past week, but I need to get my butt into gear and finish the remaining 16 km!! I go back to work on Monday and have to put in a 5-day week. That's a little over 3 km/day at lunch. Fortunately I can still walk with a damaged arm.

z5uqebo1dtyl.png

However, I doubt I'm going to cycle for the remainder of the month. This is it.

nshdoizzg30q.png

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Tracey – is the lady at your ceramic place thinking of starting charging or registering? How wonderful for Kaitlin! You know what would be real cool for your “outhouse” (I have no idea how you’d do this) is to somehow get a recording that says “it’s dark in here” or something like that. Like I said, I have no idea how this can be done. How frustrating no letter! Hope you get it soon

Ginny – I ordered a pair of pants from Amazon. I was so excited they had a gray in my size. However, when I got them there was a rip in them. So I sent them back. Now they’re out of stock and Amazon doesn’t know when or if they will ever be in stock. At least they’re honest. I did find a pair of gray pants at the Salvation Army, hope they continue to fit. Sometimes I think when I try them on that they fit but when I get them home, I find that they really don’t fit. Well...not that I’m out a lot of money

Anne – my jaw is better than it was yesterday. This morning at least I could brush my teeth. But it’s still not the way it usually is. Guess it’ll just take time

barbie – lots of times I trim my own bangs but get my hair trimmed at the cosmetology school with the local community college. A lot cheaper. Occasionally I will go to the hairdresser, but lots of times I just can’t see spending the money (cheapskate about some things that I am)

Allie – oh, Carol is so right. Miles would just love a petting zoo. Lovely pics, totally understand you getting teary eyed

pip – since you make your own playlists, where do you get the music from? How CAN you forget your anniversary????? You two make such a handsome couple. Happy Anniversary

Lanette – I’m very impressed with how well you are doing despite not having your hubby. I hope I never have to do that, but if I do, I hope I’m as good as you are

Cut the grass today then had to take a shower just to cool off. Would have gone in the pool but it was too late. But I will be able to go in tomorrow Went down to the dollar store to get freeze dried fruit. Just like a change of scenery when I take my walks

Rita – HUGS and more HUGS

Debbie – happy birthday to your mom

Michele NC

There was a lot of music from cds that I had on my computer, then I started adding them to my phone, then from there if I heard a good song that was a good running song that I didn’t have I’d buy it from iTunes. From there, i splice them into categories, I have, playlists like:
    Walking, beat jogging
    Fast beat jogging - faster pace songs
    Outside bicycle riding- don’t peddle to the beat, just songs I would like to hear outside - I have a speaker
    Spin-elliptical- can be to the beat.

One song can be on more than one playlists.

Example: one of my personal favorites that I’ve had for a long time, is personal Jesus by Depeche Mode. I actually had had song on a playlist when I was teaching aerobics when I was in my 30’s

To find a friend by Tom petty and the heartbreakers - to find a friend is a great beat for a jogging song. I had that cd but couldn’t find it in my computer so I recently bought the cd
    How can I forget my anniversary? Easy.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,427 Member
    Options
    Machka - I did wonder, when you said you went to the conference off the island, whether your DH went with you or you had family checking on him at home. I'm glad you were able to get off the island, but I'm sorry it didn't go as well as you hoped... but I'm glad it gives you a chance at making it better on the next trip. Did you ever get an x-ray on that elbow? I fractured one of the bones in my elbow throwing a softball into home plate from the outfield. when I was 23. Quite painful, but much less so than a fall like yours, I would think.

Kylia - Sorry about the rude awakening... That's so not fun. Sorry, too, your DH was Mister Crankypants. If I didn't eat cheese, I'd have a really hard time meeting my protein needs. No one ever asks if you're a cheese-atarian, but if there is such thing, I'm one of them. Our weather weasels are saying we're just going to be hot and sunny all weekend, but I trust them about as far as I can throw them. Keeping an eye on the front that's supposed to miss us. Hope there's no damage if y'all get hit.

Heather - I love your pics! As usual, you and your DH look so very happy to be on your cruise.

Lazy Saturday morning in progress, just doing a little laundry. Already 80 degrees outside at nearly 10 a.m. They're calling for over 100 degrees (38C) on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this coming week. It is definitely full-blown summer here now.

Ah well... this too shall pass. I'm grateful that I don't have to work outside in the heat. Many people do.

Onward and upward, y'all.

Love,
    Lisa
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka - I did wonder, when you said you went to the conference off the island, whether your DH went with you or you had family checking on him at home. I'm glad you were able to get off the island, but I'm sorry it didn't go as well as you hoped... but I'm glad it gives you a chance at making it better on the next trip. Did you ever get an x-ray on that elbow? I fractured one of the bones in my elbow throwing a softball into home plate from the outfield. when I was 23. Quite painful, but much less so than a fall like yours, I would think.

Kylia - Sorry about the rude awakening... That's so not fun. Sorry, too, your DH was Mister Crankypants. If I didn't eat cheese, I'd have a really hard time meeting my protein needs. No one ever asks if you're a cheese-atarian, but if there is such thing, I'm one of them. Our weather weasels are saying we're just going to be hot and sunny all weekend, but I trust them about as far as I can throw them. Keeping an eye on the front that's supposed to miss us. Hope there's no damage if y'all get hit.

Heather - I love your pics! As usual, you and your DH look so very happy to be on your cruise.

Lazy Saturday morning in progress, just doing a little laundry. Already 80 degrees outside at nearly 10 a.m. They're calling for over 100 degrees (38C) on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this coming week. It is definitely full-blown summer here now.

Ah well... this too shall pass. I'm grateful that I don't have to work outside in the heat. Many people do.

Onward and upward, y'all.

Love,
    Lisa

Saw a nurse practitioner today who told me there's a good chance I've got a fracture. She gave me a referral for X-rays which I will have done on Monday. X-ray places aren't open on weekends unless I wanted to wait hours in ED (ER).

So I came home and had a long nap ... and will wait till Monday.

M in Oz