Options
    Flea – welcome home. Glad you had such a wonderful vacation

Off to string more popcorn

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    PIP!!!! can a bike saddle be fixed? or is it a replacement thing?

No, it’s a replacement thing. The pricing for a saddle can gop yo 4-500 bucks. Found one for $40
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,039 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    [quote="exermom;c-47555898"

Carol – in this heat, it really doesn’t bother me to put a wet bathing suit on. Today I’m thinking that I’ll go in the pool, wear my work shorts and a coverup, go for my walk, and then I bet I’ll be sweaty so I’ll go back in the pool. Like you, I am having a hard time finding something on TV that I’m interested in. There are so many of the “reality” shows and, to me, they are false many times. However, I do like “America’s Worst Cooks” because many times you get good hints

Off to the pool,

Michele NC[/quote]

Good Earth Sweet and Spicy tea- is amazing- if you like cinnamon, you will really like it-think Red hots or Fire Ball Whiskey-
    I have gotten so many people hooked on it.

haha- reading your post reminded me of the summers when we had swimming lessons at the river right after summer school. Many days we were putting our bathing suits on in the car on the drive to it because we didn't have time to change at the beach without being late. Many times they were wet from the day before. I HATED that- remember crying every time. over 55 yrs later, still remember it.
    I have always been super picky about how clothes feel on me. Those and polyester sweaters are the absolute WORST thing for me, oh, and wool and tags in clothes.....
    Still super picky. Tags are removed, sweaters I wear a cotton shirt under IF I wear a sweater.

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,826 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Took my Evening meds,and some cold medication..just not feelinf great,fell asleep at at 3 pm..
    And going right back to sleep.1 more day of watching my little guy tomorrow and then he starts daycare..monday
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,121 Member
    Options
    Pip - wow. I bet that seat had a lot of miles on it!

Ginny my dad is 88 and my mom is 90. They are both doing quite well really.

It's time for dumbbells and I am procrastinating. I better get moving.

Annie in Delaware
  • renewtoday
    renewtoday Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Love and prayers for Destiny and her family. ❤️🙏🏻
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :) I didn't watch TV at all when I was growing up. The first time I had a TV was in 1970 in a rural town with two network stations and PBS. As I've aged and TV has changed I've watched more. For years I had the TV on as company while I did chores. I often listen more than watch. Now I watch TV while riding my exercise bike. We don't cable or broadcast TV just a few streaming stations. On my own I watch a lot of YouTube videos of favorite music or travel to interesting places. There's no way I would climb mountains or hike the Appalachian Trail, but I love to watch videos of other people's adventures. I ride my exercise and knit while I watch I don't just sit on the couch.

:)Heather and Flea, Glad you are safely home. Thank you for all the pictures and stories of your adventures.

:)Tracey, your new job is out there getting ready for you. You just don't know it yet.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
    Pip - wow. I bet that seat had a lot of miles on it!

Ginny my dad is 88 and my mom is 90. They are both doing quite well really.

It's time for dumbbells and I am procrastinating. I better get moving.

Annie in Delaware

Actually, it did have a ton of miles. I’ve had that bike since 2014 and that was the saddle when I bought the bike.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,121 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies!

Today I ate 1203 calories, Yay! I went horseback riding, then I did twenty-five minutes on my bike, and then dumbbells.Yay! My deficit is 463. Yay!

My knee is feeling a little weak so I skipped the reverse lunges. I am up to ten on each leg, so that's going well.

Annie in Delaware
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: It was only a side mirror, no one was hurt.
    Yup, in bumper to bumper traffic both directions on the way home from Medford, clipped my side mirror off on an oncoming RV. No safe place on 199 to pull off, so kept going. Pretty shook up. Filed accident report online today.
    Things that make me throw my hands up in the air: That Fresh Chopped Salad with White Meat Chicken and Basil Dressing is THREE portions, not the one it looks like. Ate it anyway and washed it down with a glass of wine. Just that kinda day. So SMH this morning weight was down 1.1 lbs. Go figure. On the other hand BP was way high. Guess I’m still shook up.
    Welcome @belkyg430 Belky from MIA (?).
    Debbie Grocery Outlet is the only place I’ve found the Good Earth tea, and only the herbal. Have you ever found/tried the black tea one? Prayers for Destiny’s family as they grieve.
    Only through pg 15 but time to snooze. Need to get up early tomorrow morning to take Joe in for his colonoscopy. :sick:
    07/05: Move: Shanghai hospital move, shopping, packing, unpacking. Steps:7303
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp= b] -75 :astonished:. [/b] CI=2561 CO=1406
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, eye exam, Winco, Trader Joe’s, Natural Grocers, Ahuva Bagels, See’s. Wt: 132.7
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. July: Move more, fuel better (less sugar), live NOW.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Machka- Yes I remember being a little B,and Tracy the same..but Carmines mood swings are out of control and wild..
    And it is also effecting Miles she comes in yelling in the house Tracy wasn't, but as soon as Miles heard it ,he started screaming and crying and he has started throwing his cars and atuff he shouldn't..i got clipped in the glasses with his car.. I took the car away and gave him something soft to play with.
    Grandma is trying her best..
    Kyle took the body wash I brought for Carmine and poured it all out,so they both play games .. she was horrible and nasty to him ,so he took something he knew that she likes and got rid of it.. and im the one who got that for her..

He really needs help. He exacerbates the situation. Maybe instead of being so volatile and petty with his “I’ll show you” attitude he could show some love.

Tracey

that sounds so much like dh. Still gets mad and starts smashing stuff, like a 2 yr old throwing a temper tantrum.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Lanette on the other hand, my dog walking friend sold their SUV right after her husband died and bought a lime green Prius then about a year later drove past a car dealer where she spotted a red car and bought it on the spot and hasn't regretted it. She has a limited income. We all approach this car buying in our unique ways

She said there were benefits to car buying alone without having to negotiate or compromise with a partner

I always joke with husband when he bought our green Chevy Spark car. It was 2012, we were on the coast then, and he had gone out in our present Winnebago RV for stamps etc, and stopped by the dealership in Warrenton. The dealership called and had questions regarding his paperwork. I was like what? He went out for stamps. Turns out he used his scooter as collateral, and he was on the way home to get it and drive back to the dealership! So he was annoyed the dealership had "ruined the surprise" but after he left I called the dealership back and said he was on his way, but they had better have a cup of hot tea waiting for him, because it was October and cold! So the joke was he went out for stamps and bought a car.😒😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Dh went out and came back with a car. He pulled up in the driveway. I asked him who's it was, then asked if he was just test driving it. Nope, he had bought it. The thing is, my former hubby did that and current one knew how much it bothered me and then went ahead and did it himself.
    Former hubby went to Reno to see his family and get new tires on the the Blazer and came home with a pickup.

Debbie

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Debbie – Sweet and Spicy tea...I was thinking spicy like in hot peppers, not cinnamon. Now THAT sounds good

TV : Vince refuses to pay for something like Disney+ or Netflix. Then you’d be paying for a lot of different services since some have one show, some another. At least that’s his feeling. Really doesn’t bother me a whole lot since I don’t watch much TV. It does bother me, tho, when a show goes to a special service. Like now all the Charlie Brown’s are on one and we can no longer watch them.

Rebecca – when Vince bought his Genesis, the same thing happened to me. I found out by phone from the insurance company. I should have known that he’d buy it.

Wrapped up the crystal I'm going to take to the Humane Society's thrift store. I think Vince was sad to do it, the crystal reminds him of his parents. But we don't use it, Replacements won't buy it. First I'll stop at the soup kitchen and give them bags and empty egg cartons that I have

Better get to bed.

Michele NC

That tea is so good- 0 calories but tastes so sweet, like there is sugar or honey in it. I always keep at least an extra box of it on hand.

Dh is just the opposite of Vince- has extended cable, extras like Disney+, Netflix, and who knows what else. I do know that our cable/internet costs us over $175 a month- I think that is absolutely crazy but he has to have all of it.

• dlfk202000
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Today’s gratitude: It was only a side mirror, no one was hurt.
    Yup, in bumper to bumper traffic both directions on the way home from Medford, clipped my side mirror off on an oncoming RV. No safe place on 199 to pull off, so kept going. Pretty shook up. Filed accident report online today.
    Things that make me throw my hands up in the air: That Fresh Chopped Salad with White Meat Chicken and Basil Dressing is THREE portions, not the one it looks like. Ate it anyway and washed it down with a glass of wine. Just that kinda day. So SMH this morning weight was down 1.1 lbs. Go figure. On the other hand BP was way high. Guess I’m still shook up.
    Welcome @belkyg430 Belky from MIA (?).
    Debbie Grocery Outlet is the only place I’ve found the Good Earth tea, and only the herbal. Have you ever found/tried the black tea one? Prayers for Destiny’s family as they grieve.
    Only through pg 15 but time to snooze. Need to get up early tomorrow morning to take Joe in for his colonoscopy. :sick:
    07/05: Move: Shanghai hospital move, shopping, packing, unpacking. Steps:7303
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp= b] -75 :astonished:. [/b] CI=2561 CO=1406
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, eye exam, Winco, Trader Joe’s, Natural Grocers, Ahuva Bagels, See’s. Wt: 132.7
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. July: Move more, fuel better (less sugar), live NOW.

Sorry about your little accident, thankfully it wasn't worse.

I know what you mean with the salads- I actually contacted the company on one of them. The bowl salads. Comes in ONE bowl with ONE fork but if you look closely, some are two servings

I don't remember if I have tried any of the Good Earth black teas. I have bought so many different teas that I may have had one of theirs but didn't make an impression on me. Sweet and Spicy-now that one is a totally different story.