WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Bravo! Auntie Pip! It’s a wonderful thing you are doing for Addison.
    Machka: Good news on the gynae front. Love all your motivational graphics.
    Beth: We learn to live with our men’s foibles 😝

💕💖💕
    ☘️ Terri
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,348 Member
    Options
    Pip-what a great thing to do for Addison-especially after she put forth the effort. We all know a decent pair of shoes makes all the difference.
    Lisa-I am in awe of your battle with Verizon. The company drives me crazy. I know I pay more than anyone should (or rather, their costs are more than they should be). I have chipped away at their costs. One problem is the line I provide for SIL-verizon does provide the most stable coverage where she lives out in the country. Others are improving in my county but the other providers still have some service holes. I keep monitoring. I have no landline.
    Machka-don't remember if I mentioned good news on gyn-onco visit. That can provide some relief to you. You provide some of the neatest memes. I never know where to find them or how to copy.
    Rebecca-the tree episode does sound a bit different. Could well be medication/alcohol mix. Of course, I have to admit my mind went to perhaps spirits in the area! (I have always thought there is more than we can directly see-ye-I'm one of those weirdos!)
    Heather-I hope you are able to provide a good sounding board to L. Is there a way she could move into more of a community living situation (similar to Karen and what I am looking at? The would give her more regular contact with others. Not sure what is available in UK.
    Margaret-I agree with your red flag. It is causing me to keep organizing and sorting. It is better than it was but still a work in progress.
    Terri-I think I need to check out Jame Clear.
    Debbie-No real clue on Amazfit. Honestly didn't know about it so I had to google-looks like you would need to use a google app to bridge between the two . . .

Working from home today. Hope to take some time off today since I am working at a public event we have tomorrow and it will be most of my day. I am behind on so much but getting off even 2-3 hours will work. It will let me get some Saturday chores done today so I don't feel so behind. For now-time for sunrise walk. That may be my keystone. I ams still reflecting on that.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,120 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Machka-don't remember if I mentioned good news on gyn-onco visit. That can provide some relief to you. You provide some of the neatest memes. I never know where to find them or how to copy.

Take care all,
    Ginny in Ohio

My Facebook feed largely consists of memes like that. :)
    Right click, copy image, and paste here.

Machka in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    Options
    Made all the beds. Found towels for everyone. Cleaned bathrooms. Went shopping. Now to make the beef stew. I've decided it will be more restful for everyone to have that tonight, and we can decide together what to do for tomorrow night.
    Feeling ok now that I've got most of the logistics sorted. DH takes a lot of the load once the kids arrive. I do the worrying and planning.
    All good.
    Ginny - She has not a lot of money or income though she does own an inexpensive cottage in West Wales. Not enough for a retirement community. :'(

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    That was scary, Vicki. <3 Glad you could get help.

I'm going to see if my blood test results are on my record yet.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Most results are 'satisfactory'. My chlorestorol is just a bit above ideal, but they say, no action required.
    Blood sugar is 'normal'
    So, all good!
    I'm thinking my blood pressure, that I took myself, was acceptable, though not optimal.
    So, I'm all set. :D I take 10 mgs Amlodipine daily.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,785 Member
    Options
    Took a nap feel much better..
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,934 Member
    Options
    2023- Altruistic August

Word of the year: appreciate. Today I appreciate technology and how it has changed the way we do things.

Meditation: daily. 1/31 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%)

Walking and exercising slowed down because of record heat this month.

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 2/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5418,(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks /2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%, 100%.100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 162/208—(100%,100%,100%,50%, 83%, 100%, 100%)should be 154 by September 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)65/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6 (100%,100%,100%,0%,100%,100%,0%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 2/15 (100%,88%,100%,100%,100%,93%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 29/12 (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 8/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,(100%,100%,100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Set an intention to be kind to others (and yourself) this month. I plan to be kind to people I meet and to myself. Not just this month but all the time. It may not be every time, but I will try.
    2. Send an uplifting message to someone you can’t be with. I will text my best friend who lives in Michigan, and my friend that lives in NY.
    3. Be kind and supportive to everyone you interact with. I did this!
    4. Ask someone how they feel and really listen to their reply. I plan to try to remember to do this.
    5. Spend time wishing for other people to be happy and well.
    6. Smile and be friendly to the people you see today.
    7. Give time to help a project or cause you care about.
    8. Make some tasty food for someone who will appreciate it.
    9. Thank someone you’re grateful to and tell them why.
    10. Chick in with someone who may be lonely or feeling anxious.
    11. Share an encouraging news story to inspire others.
    12. Contact a friend to let them know you’re thinking of them.
    13. No plans day! Be kind to yourself so you can be kind to others too.
    14. Take an actions to be kind to nature and care for our planet.
    15. If someone annoys you, be kind. Imagine how they may be feeling.
    16. Make a thoughtful gift as a surprise for someone.
    17. Be kind online. Share positive and supportive comments.
    18. Today, do something to make life easier for someone else.
    19. Be thankful for your food and the people who make it possible.
    20. Look for the good in everyone you meet today.
    21. Donate unused items, clothes, or food to help a local charity.
    22. Give people the gift of your full attention.
    23. Share an article, book, or podcast you find helpful.
    24. Forgive someone who hurt you in the past.
    25. Give your time, energy, or attention to someone in need.
    26. Find a way to ‘pay it forward’ or support a good cause.
    27. Notice when someone is down and try to brighten his day. (My DH’s birthday. He always gets depressed on this day. Worse this year as he turns 70 today).
    28. Have a friendly chat with someone you don’t know very well.
    29. Do something kind to help in your local community.
    30. Give away something to those who don’t have as much as you.
    31. Share Action for Happiness with other people today.

RVRita in Roswell, NM
  • kevrit
    Options
    S66S wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I would love to join this discussion. I went through some the the earlier posts and found them very inspirational.
    Barbie "The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials." - that's a wonderful quote. I have been trying to follow it too.

Savi, India

Welcome Savi! This chat moves fast. Jump in whenever you like.

RVRita in Roswell, NM
  • kevrit
    Options
    li327sa wrote: »
    Sweet Dreams, all. I have just enough time to say hello before I turn into a pumpkin. My name is Lisa D and I am 49.5 years old. 50 is my year, but I didn’t want to wait. ❤️

Hi Lisa D. And welcome to our group! Jump in whenever you like. This chat does move fast so check in often!

RVRita in Roswell, NM
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,525 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Rats. Massage cancelled, she’s hurt and can’t work. Hot tub instead ;).
    Welcome @pizzafruit Mary in WI! Lethargy is so self-perpetuating. Hope you can take a baby step or two to break the cycle.
    Kim ((hugs)) Hope the appointment goes well and you were able to nap after.
    Tracey thanks for explaining about the family camp. Gran to the rescue, ta daa!
    Rebecca I like Clausthaler AF beer, the dry-hopped/amber flavor. A friend recently recommended Athletic Brewing's line of AF beers, sometimes available at Grocery Outlet, but haven’t tried them yet. They do have an IPA… :naughty:
    6 miles? Yay Addison! Proper shoes? Wonderful Auntie pip!
    Lisa size 12? Con VERY gratulations!!!
    Should Jeopardy walk to get step count up but just too sleepy.
    08/03: Move: 2 sets PT w/d, dogs to powerline. Steps:4744 so far
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=-7 CI=1515 CO=426
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, Christmas in July cards, made many bean salad. Wt: 130.5
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. August: Move more, fuel better (less sugar), live NOW.

I will look for it.💖👍
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,525 Member
    Options
    Pip-what a great thing to do for Addison-especially after she put forth the effort. We all know a decent pair of shoes makes all the difference.
    Lisa-I am in awe of your battle with Verizon. The company drives me crazy. I know I pay more than anyone should (or rather, their costs are more than they should be). I have chipped away at their costs. One problem is the line I provide for SIL-verizon does provide the most stable coverage where she lives out in the country. Others are improving in my county but the other providers still have some service holes. I keep monitoring. I have no landline.
    Rebecca-the tree episode does sound a bit different. Could well be medication/alcohol mix. Of course, I have to admit my mind went to perhaps spirits in the area! (I have always thought there is more than we can directly see-ye-I'm one of those weirdos!)
    Heather-I hope you are able to provide a good sounding board to L. Is there a way she could move into more of a community living situation (similar to Karen and what I am looking at? The would give her more regular contact with others. Not sure what is available in UK.
    Margaret-I agree with your red flag. It is causing me to keep organizing and sorting. It is better than it was but still a work in progress.
    Terri-I think I need to check out Jame Clear.
    Debbie-No real clue on Amazfit. Honestly didn't know about it so I had to google-looks like you would need to use a google app to bridge between the two . . .

Working from home today. Hope to take some time off today since I am working at a public event we have tomorrow and it will be most of my day. I am behind on so much but getting off even 2-3 hours will work. It will let me get some Saturday chores done today so I don't feel so behind. For now-time for sunrise walk. That may be my keystone. I ams still reflecting on that.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

I'm also thinking the neighbors. The kids are still out of school, and the reflection on the opposite side of the wall from the window would not have been our tree next to our house but another tree. It was a puzzlement! I like your spirit reason.😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,012 Member
    Options

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

DH looked it up and it is very twitchy trying to use the Amazfit with MFP so not getting that. Found a Fitbit that is a newer version of mine I think and about the same price- put a 3 yr warranty on this one(my third one. The second only lasted a few months). $72 including the warranty. The other was about half the price but this time, I don't want the cheapest(that is not normal for me-I am cheap!!) but, I want something that will work all the time. This is something I am using all the time and feel lost without it. It is a huge incentive for me to see the numbers. Especially on the days I can hit 20,000 steps and now the one with the zones to show even more indepth workouts.
    It should be here today. Hopefully before I leave to go to mom's for the weekend. If not, I will have it when I get home Sunday, in time for my walk in the morning and class on Monday evening.

Debbie