Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    started with 2 1/2 pounds of frozen strawberries from food program yesterday. No room in the freezer for that big a bag so cooked them down all the way.
    a89zgx5lxha1.png
    that is half way through.
    Just finished cooking:uq9w29ayu14l.png
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    Got my new Fitbit yesterday and got it setup. It seems to be working fine. Still need to get familiar with some of the features it has that my old one didn't. I am looking forward to Tuesday and using it in the pool. It will be interesting to see how the tracker compares with the conversion table I was using.

Time to go out and do chores.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    We had a grand time yesterday at my younger daughter’s. Elder daughter and her youngest boy came by train and DH picked them up while I help with prep for lunch.

Elder grandson arrived with a ‘friend’ who had given him a lift, and asked if she could come in. She couldn’t stay for lunch, but he seemed keen for us to meet her.

DH and I are planning an outing tomorrow as we finally have a potential spell of good weather. We are going to see The King’s Coronation Garden on the other side of Belfast Lough, and then to visit a new walk that has been created at Randalstown along a defunct railway line, which has a spectacular landscaped viaduct garden. I will take photos.

Lisa: They look so happy.

Tracey: Thinking of you as you set out on your great adventure today.

Today will potter in the garden, and work on my crochet.

🤗 🤗 🤗 and 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 to whoever wants or needs them.

💕💖💕☘️ Terri
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Today’s (8/6) gratitude: the fresh scent of the forest when I stepped out on the back porch to put bottles in the recycling bin.
    Whoop, whoop. Wii reported weight below 130 for the first time in forever!!! Know it will bobble back up over, that’s why I use the monthly average for the check in. Doing the happy dance anyway :laugh:
    Kim I heard the same TED talk, but wondered about the metal in the body, fillings, screws, rods, plates etc…
    Tracey Look forward to hearing about your course. You will be a blessing to any children lucky enough to get you.
    Sorry to everyone else but my brain just went blank. ;) Time to snooze.
    08/06: Move: 2 sets PT w/xa, dogs to powerline, Jeopardy walking. Steps:5009
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=-47
    CI=1627 CO=490
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, church, play with plants. Wt:128.5!!! :) Yay!!!
    08/05: Move: 2 sets PT w/d, stroll partway out to Chetco point, dog group. Steps:8400
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=-7 CI=1125 CO=340
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, bottle drop. Wt: [/spoiler]
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. August: Move more, fuel better (less sugar), live NOW.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Debbie-glad visit with mom went well. I am in awe of how you quickly are always whipping up something like a batch of jam/jelly. Sharing food is something more of us could do I am sure.
    Allie-glad trip went well and you are back home safely.
    Lanette-congratulations to Gladys! I find hearing the updates here fits me more than growing the animals!
    Sue-I think you will catch on to FitBit quickly. Hope any tracking surprises are positive.
    Lisa-great picture of family-they look so happy. Good progress on rooms.
    Tracey-scary stuff with the smell and symptoms. Agree with Heather-it could have been from the fields. We pick up on that in different parts of the county, and often they are spraying by airplane so not as noticeable at first. Good luck on first day of school! You are closing one chapter and starting another.
    Terri-the walk sounds very interesting. GS wanting you to meet her-could be something there!
    Barbara AHMOD-enjoy the 130-even if it does bobble it is there.

Woke to thunderstorms around 4:30 today (must have moved this way from Lisa. Won't go for walk before work-don't mind walking in rain but not thunder/lightening. Is going to be cooler today so I will walk after work. Will get stretches in this am. Slept really well last night-am hopeful this medication adjustment really works.

Off to start another week.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    Dyslexia ... I've been mildly dyslexic as long as I can remember. I was an advanced reader in school, but could not spell, and I still struggle to spell. I have had to make an effort to memorize how various words are spelled. But thank goodness for spell checkers!!

And although I was an advanced reader silently, by myself, I didn't do well reading out loud.

Now, I enjoy novels, but I'm not keen on reading other things, like research papers etc. because I find them a slog and have to read them over and over. Even going for my Masters degree, homework seemed to take me longer than others because it took me a while to wade through the material. But I do persist with it all.

Ginny -- good news on your CT. :)

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    Good Monday!
    Lots of work last week. Caught up on enough that I can breath.
    Tired of messing with Robbie(irobot). Bought a new Shark robot. My first sharpie lasted two years with two big dogs. DH insisted on buying " better" (more expensive) Irobot. It lasted 14 months ans only had one dog for the first 4 months. I have replaced brain, battery, and factory reset. Still gets "stuck" by obstruction in the muddle of the room and takes twice as long to do the job! Sharkie should be here today and I bought the 3 yr warranty. I love the lines in the carpet when we get home from work. Just feels like someone treated me to a cleaning while I was gone.
    First world issue, I know. ;)

Need to clear up my desk at home. Vacation cabin is paid for in full. Need to decide if I am going to discard magazines I haven't read yet, or take on vacation to catch up on.....Will revisit that tonight. Raining today which is killing my head

Biggest challenge right now is not "permitting or accepting" my DH'S blame for things that aren't mine. Did that make sense? Example.....at car show yesterday, I dozed off in the heat under our umbrella. He was chatting on his phone. A breeze lifted our umbrella and it blew away and hit the car next to ours. No damage done, but scary! For some reason he thinks I should have been paying attention. SMH. I was asleep. Oh well. It happens daily, so I just need to not accept his thoughts on these things.

Weight not happy this morning. Had digiorno pizza Saturday night, joints hurt yesterday. Then eating out 2 times yesterday. I know just water/salt but still......

Have to take computer to best buy this morning. Wish me luck! Hopefully it I'd painless-lol!

Time for work!
    Hugs, congratulations, peace, and high fives for you all!

❤️
    Kylia in Ohio thankful for rain but hating migraine
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Good Morning Friends...

Rainy day yesterday. We needed the rain so badly it was so nice to see.

I have enjoyed hearing how others have tackled keeping their stuff manageable. Tracey you remind me if I do get too vigorous in my clean out I can always go on line and find a replacement if need be. It will make it easier to let go!

Arranged with a Friend to go to a tea at the end of the month where they will have a fashion show...The History of Hats! It is my retirement gift to her. I am agreeing with others experiences rather than things that make better gifts today. I used to organize a group to do activities like this. Now I am looking forward to just doing this with one friend. It is part of keeping my life simple.

Today the painting group I am involved with is going to have a birthday party for Walt who is turning 91. He lived in the Netherlands during WWII. His stories are humbling. He lived near the site of A Bridge Too Far. It was a failed attempt by the allies to make a stand in the Netherlands. A Bridge Too Far is the name of a movie made about the event. He told the story how they went into the farmers field so they could get potatoes to eat. Times were tough. They were willing to pay but they could not pay as much as the Germans so they were priced out of buying them.

:heart: Margaret

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Biggest challenge right now is not "permitting or accepting" my DH'S blame for things that aren't mine. Did that make sense? Example.....at car show yesterday, I dozed off in the heat under our umbrella. He was chatting on his phone. A breeze lifted our umbrella and it blew away and hit the car next to ours. No damage done, but scary! For some reason he thinks I should have been paying attention. SMH. I was asleep. Oh well. It happens daily, so I just need to not accept his thoughts on these things.

❤️
    Kylia in Ohio thankful for rain but hating migraine

I'd just say, "That's not my fault! You were awake. You should have been paying attention."