Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Vicki- just a sidenote they are saying its taking at least 12 weeks to get your passport so hope your not in a hurry..
    Tom and I both got ours redone before we divorced.
    Speaking of the happy couple get married on Saturday, and I truly wish them every happiness, i texted him about Homer and asked if he was ready and he said we will get through it,I said well its not your first rodeo or second lol and he said true true
    But will be staying the weekend after with Homer while they go up to Lake George..
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    Vicki Been there, done that with Youngest daughter and son in law. They married young, baby 9 months later. Home out to sea for two years....neither was innocent. Thanksgiving at my house with almost3 yo granddaughter and those two were going off atceach other. I took them to my room and told them that they both had wronged each other, but as I saw it they had only two choices. They make it work or they call it quits! Like you, I told them my only concern was my granddaughter as they were both adults! There were more than a few "f" bombs out of my mouth during that exchange. I finished the conversation with "My house, my holiday, my granddaughter....be respectful and social able or get out!" I wasn't taking vsides as they were both wrong, but I drew my line in the sand. They have now been married 21 years. My advice....don't chose sides, make boundaries, and be there for grands. Not sure how old your adults are, my YD married at 18, first baby at 19, he left for sea duty in CA when she was 20. One of his best decisions was getting transfered to a land lock station when she was 22.
    Hugs as you navigate the rough waters! The grass isn't always greener (though sometimes it is.

DH made a suggestion for his lunches this week. He calls it sloppy Bambi! Homemade sloppy Joe's with venison in tortilla wraps. That I can do. Will make in the morning.

If, I said if, our Bronco gets here this week we will be heading to pigeon forge for the Bronco invasion in two weeks. It will be a short trip down after work Friday, home Sunday. Then two weeks later back down for vacation. We will see if the cards fall into place.

Lannette did you get my stats? I messaged you.

Bedtime...

<3
    Kylia in Ohio
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    Tracey I am so excited for you!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    I did break down and rented a scooter for the cruise.. I would rather have it there and not need it,than not have one there and miss out because im not in good enough shape to walk from I one part of the ship to the other ..
    If im getting wheelchair assistance at the airports O might as well get help on a big cruise ship..
    5d75ihbl04t5.jpg
    Little boy was having some corn ,while mommy was making a silly face.. he has been cranky the last few days..
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    Tracey: 👍🏻

☘️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Machka - I believe that Rebecca lives on Whidbey Island.

I know. :)
  • Machka9
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    kymarai wrote: »
    Biggest challenge right now is not "permitting or accepting" my DH'S blame for things that aren't mine. Did that make sense? Example.....at car show yesterday, I dozed off in the heat under our umbrella. He was chatting on his phone. A breeze lifted our umbrella and it blew away and hit the car next to ours. No damage done, but scary! For some reason he thinks I should have been paying attention. SMH. I was asleep. Oh well. It happens daily, so I just need to not accept his thoughts on these things.

❤️
    Kylia in Ohio thankful for rain but hating migraine

I'd just say, "That's not my fault! You were awake. You should have been paying attention."

My DH does the same things! He’d be driving and miss a turn or decide to pass someone right before a turnoff then miss it and blame me! I just say, I’m not driving. LOL I think many men are like this, nothing is there fault. They blame everything on everyone else but themselves. We who get blamed must not let it get to us. I used to, now I just calmly say “I did not use that”, or “I’m not driving” or I didn’t cook today, or any other appropriate statement. Just don’t say “it’s not my fault” or get defensive that just seems to feed them.

RVRita in Roswell, NM

I've always tended to "poke the bear". :smiley:

I figure if someone blames me, and it isn't my fault ... they've just started something!! :lol::lol:

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    I had an interesting first day of class. A few technical issues, which was to be expected on the first day. This week I am learning how to be a successful student. The textbook is “Becoming a Master Student”. I wish I would have had this book in junior high. It helps you understand your own learning style and the different skills for all the essential steps of learning.
    I had to read 3 chapters tonight and do an assignment for tomorrow.
    It took about an hour per chapter to read and complete the assignment.
    I had a nap between the first and second chapters and supper between the second and last one.

I find myself very sore this evening because I didn’t move as much today as I have been.
    I’ll have to get into a routine.

Thank you for being a huge support for me. I am so blessed to have all of you in my pocket cheering me on.

Tracey in Edmonton

Sounds like a good way to begin a course. :)

M in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,111 Member
    Options
    Tracey I did an online masters in Computer Science. At the time, the students were not on camera, just audio. So I used to paint my nails, then get on my stepper while I listened to class. I think I listened better while moving; I didn't zone out as much.

Well we didn't lose power last night, but it rained for hours with thunder and lightning. Teddy had to go out at midnight in the rain, and now he won't go out this morning. Silly dog.

I will buy groceries later this morning, but I think that's the only thing on my list.

Have a great day!

Annie in Delaware
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    :)