WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Apparently, the crane the architect hired to get the new skylight over my son's house was too small and couldn't manage it. It weighs a ton and their house is tall. You would think they would have thought of that before designing it! The window is now in the front garden. It was the biggest crane allowed without a hell of a lot of permissions and road closure. So, they will attempt to get it through the house somehow. ;):*:o

Poor chap. He is exhausted.

He enjoyed the soda bread with some cheese.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Barbara ~ You are to be commended for trying to spend time with Joe. It is difficult when you both have different taste in food, tv, hobbies, social events, etc. At this time in our life, my DH and I have very little to talk about other than every day things that need to be attended to. We do watch a conservative news program every evening but after that we each have little of the same inerest. Before Covid and new health problems, we went to lots of estate sales and garage sales together and enjoyed finding treasures to resell on eBay and his monthly Antique Show.

Carol in GA

I know the feeling- we don't even watch one show together anymore. He comes in and goes directly to his room(can't call it an office as he doesn't do "work" stuff in there. He watches tv or works on a hobby or two(3D printed stuff or other electronic stuff) and I am in the living room. We don't even eat together.
    We go shopping together on Thursdays, starting at his store to pick up his check. We do NOT need to go shopping but that is the only thing he likes to do.
    Once in a while on Saturdays we go to garage sales but rarely sell any of it-
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    Pip you are an inspiration to us all!

I'm taking another break day. I caught my dad listening to some kid try to sell him a pesticide service. He forgot that he already has one for the house. Plus another for the yard. And he just was confused when I told him. He doubts me. It's time for him to turn over his credit cards and let me do the banking and services, but he isn't ready. He thinks he is doing okay, but he isn't. He can't get into his email again. So this is likely to get worse.

And I was already upset because Teddy's biopsy results came back malignant. They removed his eyelid tumor, but it may recur. However this kind is not likely to spread outside of his eyelid. He is thirteen. He gets his stitches out, and probably loses the cone collar on Friday. So that will be an improvement, as now I have to carry him up and down the stairs.

Hmm. No idea how to control Dad's money when he doesn't want me to. I'm actually reluctant to take on the responsibility. What a mess.

Annie in Delaware

Awwww thx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    B)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    I made the Swiss steak, mushroom gravy, red potatoes and cucumber salad yesterday. I was the only one that ate any of it. Offered it to dh tonight. He said he wan't hungry. Less than 5 min later, I went in his room and he is eating cherry Poptarts!! Seriously- just shake my head at that man.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,886 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Good morning, afternoon or evening, my chickens, as the case may be...

Annie - I'm sorry the news on Teddie's eyelid tumor was malignant, but glad it won't spread. Sounds like getting him out of the cone will be a relief to both of you! I wish I had advice for the issues with caring for your parents, but I hope you find a way through that satisfies all of you.

Allie - Sounds like you're having fun and making plans for more cruising... Glad you have a friend who's interested in going, too!

Heather - Hope the skylight is successfully installed, hauling a ton of skylight up stairs sounds very nailbiting.

Debbie - That was one of the most beautiful taco platters I've ever seen! I am always pleased when you talk about your son with such care for his welfare, as well as love and joy, because we all need that bright light in our lives. From my perspective, with your relationship with your DH, it appears that Rita's post had some very good points to consider, but only you can know that for sure:
    RVRita in Roswell, NM: The best predictor of the future or future behavior is the past. Are you satisfied? Have you repeatedly been met with dead ends? Is there still potential for a positive outcome if you continue investing your resources and energy? What are the benefits of walking away and opening a new door? These are the factors that should influence your decision rather than any previously sunk costs.
    Barbara AHMOD - It sounds like Joe cooked something for you that he knows you love before he hid behind his laptop screen. 🥰That's a pretty big thing for a guy that you're not sure even listens to you! One of the things I realized about Corey was that cooking for me is a huge part of how he says he loves me... he remembers everything I've ever told him about my preferences, I swear. I'm not sure I actually remember all my preferences! What else does Joe know about what you love? Might be worth asking... :smile:

Tracey - Hope you're able to get that budgeted laptop soon! So frustrating when key electronics can't hold up to the pressures.

More in a bit...
    Love y'all!
    Lisa in AR

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Lisa - Love your energy!! <3<3 We must sort out one small cupboard, because it still has toddler stuff in it, ( :o ) and we need it for expanding art supplies.

DH had some of the gf soda bread for lunch, so I had my miso and shirataki soup. I've ordered more of both from Amazon.

Beautiful day here! :)

Son is going to work at the gym. He took some of my bread with him. :D He will swim and shower there and do his business stuff. Four important phone calls today.
    He is very much hoping the electricity will go on today. Plumbing is sorted.
    He has been invited out to dinner, gf pizza. DH and I are having salmon with curried bean sprouts. Sauteed potatoes for DH.
    I've done my editing today and will pop out this afternoon to buy some low carb bits for me. Plus something easy for tomorrow night as I am out with G for lunch.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im awake ,but still feel tired..
    Watching the Today show and will do my pills for the week.
    njndgbrphndy.jpg
    This morning playing with his farm..
    Tylenol last night.. I stopped yesterday and he was good for a bit,but very clingy and fussy and wanted mom..
    I don't know if its a faze or he just isn't feeling well..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies. Joined this platform hoping to get community support on finding good practices to lose weight. I’m 71 and would like to lose weight (25 lbs) for health reasons. Looking forward to hearing what has worked for us post-menopausal women. Thanks Nini

:)Welcome, Nini, I found this thread at age 62 after a lifetime of less than successful attempts to lose weight and maintain the loss. I started out with baby steps that included reading this thread every morning to learn new things. Among the things I learned was to read books about healthy habits. Habits are the bedrock on which I run my life now. There are so many healthy things I do now that are automatic. I found what meals work for me and rotate them. It solves the problem of decision fatigue and of obsessing about food all day. I have a pattern for drinking water so I can easily remember to drink the water my body needs each day. I walk every morning no matter what the weather. And I found out that what works for me may not work for someone else and vice versa. Hope you'll keep coming back.

<3 Barbie in NW WA