• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,689 Member
    Tracy hugs dear friend for your daughter, and family. Just so sad.😥🙏
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,816 Member
    Tracey … there are no words … my heart just hurts for you all. Praying for you and your family
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 861 Member
    Tracey, so sorry about your daughter's bad news. Gentle hugs for all of you.....
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,055 Member
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited August 2023
    Tracey - Your daughter's husband is more than just a keeper, isn't he. His love for Kaitlyn shows in everything, and making sure she's OK is his first priority. That's how marriage is supposed to be... My heart is with them on their trip.

Rebecca - I have been known to use Corey's cast iron pans against him (not like smacking him, though! :p ) He was giving me gyp about something in the kitchen, and I told him, "Keep it up, buddy, I'll put your cast iron pans in the dishwasher!" Those are his precious... :smiley:

Katla - Always good to see your posts.
    Debbie wrote: Lisa- I am still trying to find the answers. I thought I had figured things out but then things changed that were out of my hands.
    I want things to change but right now(again) is not the time to push for big changes. I can't be the one that pushes him over his limit and he does something drastic which he has been close to almost the last 15 months, since dealing with his mom full time.
    Things have to change but I feel I have waited 27 yrs for it to change, what is another 6 months or what ever it will be(have been saying this for years now, something dramatic keeps coming up so I put up with things longer)

Debbie, it gave me a start when you said "waited 27 years for it to change." New Year's Eve, 2007, I was sitting in a hotel in Little Rock on layover - I was a flight attendant. I had tried everything to fix my 27-year marriage, including having a gastric bypass, losing 166 pounds, antidepressants, therapy, you name it. I was on the phone with my brother, and told him I was about to give up on my marriage, but I had decided to wait until I was 50, three years down the road, to see if it was fixable. His answer to me was "Why? What's going to change in the next three years that hasn't changed yet?" It stuck in my head, and when I went home from that trip is when I started making preparations to leave.

Change is HARD. Change is always going to be hard. And until I fell out of love with my first husband, I couldn't leave. Not sure you want to hear all this, or that you're ready for it. Keep talking it through, dear. I have faith you'll do the right thing for you, and whether that is to stay or to go, it's OK. It really is your choice.

Christine - @hessiondesign4 Welcome! So pleased that your mom and your daughter are able to truly enjoy the time in the pool as well, and that you were able to get past your previous issues with water. Well done on keeping your weight the same for a number of months! It's a triumph of no small proportions... you'll get a lot of advice here to start tracking your food (if you aren't already). Drop in any time!

Can't remember who noted that their Fitbit wasn't able to see or calculate their calorie burn correctly for swimming. I've learned that it doesn't do well picking up any exercise automatically, so I select that exercise when I'm ready to start walking, or get on the elliptical, or working out, and then stop it manually on the Fitbit when I'm done.

Went back and looked, and barring a couple of exceptions, I've slept less than two hours at a stretch over and over again for more than two weeks. Time in between varies from five minutes to a few hours during the night. Six more days on the prednisone, and hopefully after that, I'll be able to sleep again. I miss it!

Have a grand Thursday, my dears.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,990 Member
    Aww Lisa- gee hope you get some uninterrupted sleep soon.
    Debbie- what Lisa said..I filed for divorced when my kids were younger ,because I deserved more. And the way it sounds ,you do too.. you put up with so much from your MIL and your husband ..not my place to say.. but start squirreling away money and do what you need to do for yourself..our future isn't promised
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,773 Member
    ☘️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,055 Member
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,443 Member
    I’ll catch up later but thought I would pop on to say that our daughter had bad news today.
    There is a gestational sac, but there is no baby.
    The sac has been giving all of the positive pregnancy tests and was showing on the ultrasound she had last week normally.

I am heartbroken for them.
    Tracey

So sorry.