WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2023

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,055 Member
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,990 Member
    Some of the bloodwork has come back and I dont know how to read it.
    Stayed in bed today..
    Going out tomorrow evening..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,443 Member
    Hi all.
    Had a really nice lunch today with G. I'm really fond of the venue, and now they treat me like a regular. :)
    I had crispy squid with garlic mayonnaise, and a Toulouse sausage with a huge portion of mixed greens. One small glass of white wine. Espresso.

We wandered up through the Lanes together so she could go to her organic grocer and I could buy Italian fennel sausages. All good. We said goodbye, I turned the corner to walk back, and my rogue thigh cramped up and went into spasm. Aaarrrggghhh!
    I limped and sat and stretched and limped etc. Agony. I just about made it to the main bus stop and got home somehow.
    Had a nap. :o:D
    Soooo annoying.
    Easy cold dinner tonight.
    My son still staying overnight. The family return tomorrow. :o:# They are pouring the hall floor today.He is up in London.

Love to all. Heather UK xxxxxx

Regarding cramping ...

Might be time to see the doctor.

But first you might concentrate on drinking water and getting enough electrolytes.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Lisa-I hope your sleep straightens out in the near future-steroids do mess with us.
    Lanette-indeed we have had similar journeys.
    Annie-I am glad you have no regrets-that is what is important-doing what is right and best for you. Hope Teddy's visit goes well and other two appointments are ok also. Hope your father opens himself up to some help.
    Kylia-looking for the good is important!
    Carol-hope you get tech figured out. Just take it a step at a time-if you get flustered step away. Is there anyone who can assist?
    Allie-don't know where you could have stepped over bounds. You made the choices that were best for you. I think having the wheel chair assistance is sensible. Most of the bloodwork tests you can google to help give you a basic reading/understanding of them.
    Pip-I know you want to take first place, but I think it is terrific you are raising money. Don't push yourself to point of injury.
    Flea-you hit the nail on the head-life just takes courage!
    Katla-so glad the hummingbirds visit you.

Car issue is resolved. Evidently the computer software needed an update and the system let me know by turning on everything. Interestingly, in addition to seeing the dashboard show, I also receive notification via my Subaru app on my phone (gives me remote start), it also sent me an email and showed up on my main screen as alerts.

Went over to food truck tonight and got some Korean beef and rice. Rather tasty for a different meal. It's about a 6 minute walk so get some extra exercise in.

Tomorrow have 9 am meeting, 10:30-1 Annual meeting of county group (includes lunch) and then a recognition for one of our youth programs at 2-nice finish to the week.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

I don’t know how to not push myself lolol
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,138 Member
    [quote="auntiebk;c-
    Debbie how does cutting back the daikon help get bigger ones?

Today’s (8/10) gratitude: that I recognized the smell of propane when I went in the kitchen to refill my tea. The adzuki beans had boiled over and put out the flame. They’re in the crockpot now…
    08/09: Move: 2 sets PT w/x&a, dogs to powerline. Steps:5108
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=-10 CI=1742 CO=510
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, play with plants, two loads laundry, Wt:132.1
    Time to get up and do PT,
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. August: Move more, fuel better (less sugar), live NOW
    [/quote]

I am just hoping that if less energy goes into them going to seed, more will be going into producing bigger radishes- Not sure, just hoping. I have never grown them before. Most likely, unless they are really impressive, will be my last. We can get them cheap at the stores around here.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,517 Member
    ;)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,138 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Had a HORRENDOUS storm the other night. Tornado warning and all. Tornadoes are not common at all around here. Trying to get caught up. We were without Internet for over 24 hours. Fortunately, we did have electricity, some people didn’t have that.

Debbie – I hear ya about the cooking. How I wish I could make certain foods but I know that I’ll be the only one who’ll eat them. I do try to adjust recipes (spices for me, none for Vince) but you can’t do that with everything. And Vince is the same way...the minute I clear out a spot, he fills it up. But he doesn’t want to throw anything away, which makes it interesting since I’m getting to be more and more of a minimalist

I love my air fryer lid for my IP. I’m thinking that might make a good gift for christmas for Jess. The only thing is that you can’t make a whole lot at once. I don’t know if you will be able to make enough for her and Colby. Gotta think on this

Debbie – I wouldn’t mind at all coming over to eat

Phew! Caught up

Michele NC

I would love to cook for you and anyone else that wants to come by. It is something I really enjoy.
    I like to try new things, dh is ok with some things but he grew up on totally different food than I did.
    I am actually cooking a lot more different than I grew up with too. Dad was like your dh, not much of any spices at all. Dh grew up with mainly Japanese food because that is what his mom knew how to make. She did do other things- like today, she made, and is sending home cabbage rolls that she made.

I don't have the air fryer lid but have the actual air fryer. We stared with the one with the basket but upgraded to the one with the two trays- that is used daily for so many things.
    We used it so much that we wore a few out- The only appliance dh will use besides warming stuff in the microwave.
    Amazon has some great deals on them.
    This is the one we have now:https://www.amazon.com/West-Bend-12-6-Quart-Electric-Digital/dp/B08GP72HJT/ref=sr_1_10?crid=1XD8LKNMHRC22&keywords=air+fryer+with+trays-Westbend&qid=1691715877&sprefix=air+fryer+with+trays-westbend,aps,231&sr=8-10
    Got it for less than that price I think.(Dh ordered it-had to get one right away, beings we use it so much)

Debbie

• pipcd34
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    Well....
    Our new Bronco is home finally! Has been built since June 20th! She is everything we wanted. SIL just shook her head. DH said it may hold its value better than the money in the bank. All I know is I could drive a different vehicle every day of the week. Of course now we need a bigger garage! I may never get my bathroom redone. :( There is a Bronco Stampede going on in Pigeon Forge next weekend....guess where we will be? Lol! Going down after work on Friday, back home on Sunday. 5 hour drive. We will be staying on the strip in a motel. Then head back down two weeks later to our cabin. I am happy DH is wanting to go down for stampede. I keep trying to get more weekend travels.

Annie You are in a rough position with parents. Hugs. I hope puppy feels better tomorrow. Remember you are a strong woman with great perseverance.

Lannette I thought of you this morning. I saw a post with chickens running around in wired "hamster balls"! They could still pluck at ground and move around but weren't in much danger from predators. It was on FB, so may not be real, but what a great idea!

Allie I got my mom assistance at the airport 15 yrs ago, not due to physical health issues, but because she easily panics. It made her trip better. Do what needs to be done so that you can enjoy yourself!

I learn so much from all of you!

<3
    Kylia in Ohio
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    <3

Katla in Illinois
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,987 Member
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,474 Member
    edited August 2023
    Work and then the soup kitchen tomorrow. Depending on what they have for lunch, I might bring some left-overs home for the kids. They many times can't keep food over the weekend. I usually don't bring something home, but if they have something like chicken nuggets, the kids will probably like that.

Debbie – I know that space is somewhat at a premium for Jess. Also, I don’t know just how much she would use an air fryer. I know she uses her IP a lot. I’m thinking that the air fryer lid might also be a good introduction. If she finds she uses it a lot, then maybe a full sized air fryer might be good for her

Thinking about all that I want to do for the company is stressing me out somewhat and I find that I’m stress eating. Not that this is something new. I always get this way before we have company of any kind

Stopped at Sam’s yesterday because I totally forgot to get the hamburgers. Vince saw an 85” TV and was oogling it. For the money, we don’t need it. Of course, he thought we did.

Was looking at lounge chairs for out by the pool. I don’t want one of those zero gravity ones, I want one that folds flat so I can sunbathe. I just want to watch the width. The ones they have at the condo are real nice – and real expensive! So I think we’re going to look locally at something not as expensive then replace them every few years. I think we’ve had the chairs we have now for about 10 years. One of them totally ripped this year so we know that the other one is on the way out. But Vince likes them. I figure we can put that one on one side of the spa and the other two on the other side of the spa. The other problem is storage. It doesn’t look like they fold forward, only flat. Well, we’ll work something out.

Kylia – Pigeon Forge, huh? You’ll be in my neighborhood (sort of)

I’m not a big cast iron fan, either. I love my light Fiber ware frying pans. I don’t think they even make them this light anymore.

Tracey – I find ceramics to be so calming. Same as you, a social time where we paint. Just being with people, talking, exchanging ideas, to me it’s just so relaxing. Guess that’s why I miss it so much. I like to talk and paint at the same time, this gal just likes to talk. She’s also expensive, wonder how much she’s going to charge for the bisque and firing? YOU feel left in the dust technologically-wise???? Sounds like you’ve really got a handle on being sure you’re the best possible student you can be. I admire that

Just can’t sleep, my mind is thinking of all the things I want to do before the company comes. This always happens. I know that tomorrow I need to wash the tables outside, clean the spa, and I want to put away the one pool noodle. I just don’t trust it. I have other ones that the kids can use if they want a noodle.

Michele NC
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    Good Friday!
    Heather I agree about the countryside. It is far from quiet with bugs, birds, coyotes, tractors, horsesetc, but I find those noises comforting. I don't miss the traffic and sirens.

Michele I love that area. My happy place has always been mountains and water. I enjoy being close to town but able to escape to our cabin. How far are you from Pigeon Forge?

Company and cleaning- I miss the days of just dropping in to visit for a cup of coffee or tea. Now it seems people get offended if they aren't notified first. If I take time to stop by, I am there to visit with you, not judge your housekeeping skills. Generally my house is picked up, but dusted-lol! I try to make sure linens and bathrooms are clean and basics in fridge, but that is about it. We don't do cookouts anymore because of people's dietary habits. Eating out is just easier. Enjoy your company and don't worry about the house. If they are judgemental about the house then they can stay at hotel ;) just my thoughts.

Guess I ought to get domething done this morning before work.

Lots of love!
    Healing thoughts!
    Pride in all your accomplishments!
    Thankful for all experiences!
    Welcomes to the new ladies!

<3,
    Kylia in Ohio