WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Tracey-go buy the computer-I bet the price will be the same (or if the manager quoted you a price tell them).
    Allie-I can understand you feeling down today. Honestly-I don't think I could handle the whole thing the way you have-I think the dog must be the reason (sort of like others get along because of the kids). Be good to yourself today.

Ginny in Ohio
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    Hugs for you, Allie!

Annie in Delaware
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Debbie - Learning to be clear is hard! so start with the tiniest thing you can - Maybe I need the trash from the kitchen taken out - before I need to have it quiet to sleep which includes you leaving for work quietly... It is easier for them to hear without getting defensive, and less of an issue to get angry about. It also gives you a win, which help make it feel like you can do it again.

smiles Kim
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Up at 4 AM today! Can't understand why I'm waking up so early and actually getting up. :o

Everyone have a great weekend!

Carol in GA

Maybe you can get a little nap later(if you are a napper, I am not)
    I told myself I wanted to sleep until 9 this morning. First day to sleep in in well over two,close to three weeks. Have been getting up about 7 to walk each day(and up at 4 last Saturday with mom)
    Nope- up a few times around 3, 5 and 6 then totally awake before 7. Laid in bed with the kitten which is so relaxing, hoping to go back to sleep but no. After getting up and cleaning up from the cats and feeding them, no way for me to go back to sleep.
    So, I am in the living room, enjoying my second cup of tea while dh sleeps.
    No plans except for hopefully work in the garden finally to tie up my tomato plants and do some weeding and to give the momma cat a bath. She needs one badly. I will get the sink ready while dh is at his mom's this morning.
    Want to start decluttering the living room now that I don't have Ezie for almost a week. Dh is complaining about too much stuff in there.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Hugs to you, Allie. It is certainly a difficult day. You are handling this with so much more grace than I would be able to. Take care of yourself today.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - Computer geeky from way back, the first thing I did with the coffee maker was unplug and restart. And again. And again. :smiley: Did get it to work in the end... Am so pleased that Lee's appointment went well and his tests are good. And salsa stains are just evidence of a life well lived, in my opinion.

Rosemarie -
    It's could to see you posting. I'm sorry you have regrets, but so glad that you've discussed with those who might be able to help.

Dinner was a sloppy joe, pretty yummy, made from the last of the ground beef I bought earlier in the week... Tomorrow is leftovers, the bits and bobs in the fridge are starting to multiply... no plans for the weekend whatsoever, but practically a cool front, fingers crossed we're out of the 100+ degree days!

I know I've been nattering on about sleeping, not sleeping, etc., but it's largely because so many of my other issues are doing well. I am just so grateful as each piece of my life comes back online. I have to remember that I cannot take my health for granted. If nothing else, I hope I've learned that much.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

We both had not eaten since 3 am, and I didn't even eat then, so we kind of attacked that first bowl of warm tortilla chips. The salsa was homemade too, so the full of salsa chip broke off at my fingers and plopped on my shirt. Typical me fashion!😂😂
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    Rita ! Glad you are okay! How scary!

I've had a few asthma attacks and I remember telling myself I must be breathing a little or I would have been passed out. So hard not to panic. Hope you are breathing freely now.

Annie in Delaware
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Up at 4 AM today! Can't understand why I'm waking up so early and actually getting up. :o

Everyone have a great weekend!

Carol in GA

Maybe you can get a little nap later(if you are a napper, I am not)
    I told myself I wanted to sleep until 9 this morning. First day to sleep in in well over two,close to three weeks. Have been getting up about 7 to walk each day(and up at 4 last Saturday with mom)
    Nope- up a few times around 3, 5 and 6 then totally awake before 7. Laid in bed with the kitten which is so relaxing, hoping to go back to sleep but no. After getting up and cleaning up from the cats and feeding them, no way for me to go back to sleep.
    So, I am in the living room, enjoying my second cup of tea while dh sleeps.
    No plans except for hopefully work in the garden finally to tie up my tomato plants and do some weeding and to give the momma cat a bath. She needs one badly. I will get the sink ready while dh is at his mom's this morning.
    Want to start decluttering the living room now that I don't have Ezie for almost a week. Dh is complaining about too much stuff in there.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

So he complains about your work clutter and you jump to cleaning it up but he hoards the rest of the house and that’s fine?

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

So he complains about your work clutter and you jump to cleaning it up but he hoards the rest of the house and that’s fine?

Okie in the TX Hill Country

doing the living room has been on my to do list for weeks now,just been procrastinating.
    The bigger reason to do it now is that I will have more time to do it now that I don't have my daycare girl all day 4 days a week. I will now only have her 3 hrs two days a week.
    I spend 90% of my time in the living room so I want the clutter put away so I can enjoy the room and be able to find the craft supplies when I want them. Hoping to get back into some crafts.
    He has been complaining about the living room off and on,I have just ignored it. Not like he actually comes in here. I will get it clean and see if he actually does spend time in here. He says that is the reason he doesn't.

Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    dishes done and put away, tomatoes tied up and actually found 4 Cherokee Purple that were ready to pick- should have been picked a few days ago- Will enjoy a BLT tonight with them. That is my favorite and look forward to the first one each year. Nothing better than home grown tomatoes. Also picked some cherry tomatoes-ate the ones that split as I picked them.
    Need to tie up the cucumbers and do some weeding but felt great to get a start on the garden and nice treat to find the pretty reddish purple tomatoes ready.

Need to run to one store. Want to pick up a chuck roast to make birrea tacos for son this week. It is a new thing for me. Have heard of them/seen them, but never tried them. Also need to pick up two kinds of dried chili peppers(never cooked with them before). The recipes make them sound like a cross between super tender stew meat that is cooked in enchillada sauce put into a tortilla that is crisp along with cheese and then dip in the sauce, like a French dip.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Counting a win today.
    My friend G asked me to phone her this morning. Turns out she was having a bit of a manic episode and thinking of driving up to see her (very estranged) daughter, in the middle of family birthday celebrations! :o:o:o Bearing beautifully wrapped present. She was getting all dressed up. She had seen the celebrations on Instagram. :'(
    I said, I don't give advice, but I personally wouldn't. I advised her to wait a couple of hours and see if she still felt it was a good idea.
    Turns out she didn't go, and was grateful to me for being there for her. I only listened, but I could feel her calming down as she talked.
    So hard and so sad.

Otherwise, I finished my stepdaughter's book, and wrote a review for Amazon. I did actually find the story and setting quite engrossing, so I didn't lie. The rest, not so much. She was appreciative.

I cooked a halloumi curry this evening. Wonderful substitute for paneer, Kim.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx