1948CWB Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 9min 57sec, 118elev, 2.80ap, 77ahr, 97mhr, 6.13mi= 568c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 1hr 22min, 1115elev, 102aw, 14.7amph, 96ahr, 129mhr, 20.07mi= 429c
    Strava a= 481c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 22min 5sec, 1119elev, 102aw, 54arpm, 14.69amph, 20.1mi= 482c

Total cal 997
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,390 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    No work so I got to go to the gym to do a Body Pump DVD. Then took a walk around the neighborhood then counted the donation money at the church. Came home and in the pool then to Aldi. I’m looking for a headband that’s absorbent. Stopped at Burlington thinking they might have one (tried Target, none, then Kohl’s, none). Didn’t find the headband but I did find 10 pars of socks for $6. I needed socks and that’s a price I could live with.

Annie DE – yea for your mom. I’m so sorry to hear about your aunt.. You are an angel.

Allie – that pic sure looks like it’s out of the 70’s. They look so good together

Carol – you DO have a beautiful granddaughter. You should be very proud

Michele FL – welcome

Barbara – Vince hasn’t been doing his PT. Not that I thought he would. As soon as it gets nicer out (maybe in the 70’s) I’m going to be after him again to go walking, even just a little bit.

The last time I was at the MD and had my routine blood work, he said that my sugar was on the high side. Not prediabetes, but close. I’m not a big candy/cookie/dessert person but I was listening to a podcast and they mentioned about fruit. Now I’m a big fruit eater. Vince can’t understand how to me a big juicy peach is a true dessert, not pie or cake or anything like that. It makes sense – sugar is sugar. I fell into the “sugar from fruit is OK” trap. So I think I’ll have MFP start to track my sugar so I can see what foods are low in sugar.

Maybe I’ll go back in the pool to do a little exercising. I’m thinking that right now I’ll get out a jigsaw puzzle to work on before the holidays.

Just changed to have MFP log my sugar.

Oh, yuk, everything high in sugar is my beloved fruit. Guess I need to find which fruits are the lowest. Unfortunately, I just bought a lot of peaches and it looks like they're pretty high. Oh well.....

Michele NC
    Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Oh Annie- my condolences on both your aunt and dealing with your dad.. its a tough row to hoe.
    Went to the dentist for a cleaning and darn if i dont have 2 small cavities on my far back teeth.
    Will take care of those once back from cruise.
    Stopped to see the little guy today.. he isn't feeling well.
    He has some type of clear rash all over his trunk and is really irritable
    .told Tracy to give the Pediatrician a ring.
    Tomorrow is hair day for Carmine and I.should be s fun time...🙄
    Lanette- there is something called the Omlet that is a portable chicken coop that you can roll around your yard.. look it up.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies.

My aunt died today, and we are reaching to feel the appropriate feelings, but I think the truth is that we didn't know her that well. So it's awkward. My dad was number five of eight, and there are only two left. I was giving him grief again today about trying to use a pole saw on a ladder to do tree work. He is very healthy but he does risky things.

Dad wants to know where the service will be, and how to get a copy of the obituary, and where to send flowers. All in due time, but ten minutes later he asks again.

I'm annoyed with him because he asked me to order string for his string trimmer, then went out and bought it himself. He forgets things, and then takes action as though he is fully cognizant. Much trickier than my mom.

Annie in Delaware

Dealing with a little of that with my mom(asking me to order something then going and getting it herself because she forgot)
    It isn't so bad for me because I only see mom once a month, talk to her about once a week(if I can catch her home and in the house)
    So much harder for you because you live right there.
    Remember to take a little time for yourself.

Debbie

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Lanette- there is something called the Omlet that is a rolling portable chicken coop,look it up.. a friend of mine has one its really neat..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,891 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies.

My aunt died today, and we are reaching to feel the appropriate feelings, but I think the truth is that we didn't know her that well. So it's awkward. My dad was number five of eight, and there are only two left. I was giving him grief again today about trying to use a pole saw on a ladder to do tree work. He is very healthy but he does risky things.

Dad wants to know where the service will be, and how to get a copy of the obituary, and where to send flowers. All in due time, but ten minutes later he asks again.

I'm annoyed with him because he asked me to order string for his string trimmer, then went out and bought it himself. He forgets things, and then takes action as though he is fully cognizant. Much trickier than my mom.

Annie in Delaware

Can you get him tested like you did your mother?

My husband is a bit like that. I repeat a lot of stuff verbally and in writing.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Debbie - how do you know they are legit companies? That sounds like something my daughter could do easily.

I should try to go to bed. I hope I can sleep with the heat.
    Tracey in Edmonton

I have been working with a number of different companies for years. I get emails showing what shops are available.
    I am not sure if the same companies are up there.
    A few I work for are Marketforce, Ipsos,CustomerImpact.
    There used to be a great site that listed all the companies on one site, by location-type in your town and all the different ones in the area would show up. I stopped doing shops during covid and that site was gone when I tried to do shops again.
    I can get her more information if you want. I love doing them but am a bit more picky.
    I know, after all these years, which companies will give little bonuses near the end of the month or if the shop isn't getting picked up by anyone. Like the ones I am doing today. The very first one paid $9-it was at dh's store so I just did it when we went to get his check. The three yesterday and two today are paying $15(I applied for them a week later) and this morning, I see the remaining ones are now at $17. The more remote the area is, the higher it goes with some companies.
    I will be looking for more shops so will start checking out more companies along with the ones I am already signed up with.
    Some the shop fee isn't great but when they do a nice reimbursement for food plus pay a small shop fee, it is worth it, if you want the food.
    There is one that popped up for Red Lobster. Shop fee is just $5 BUT reimbursement is up to $70

Why so low? I thought they paid better than that.

Or are you in and out in about 20 minutes?