Options
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    I thought about my DH and his diminishing appetite and how I worked and pleaded to get enough protein in him. Still he lost a lot of weight. But, was it the quality of protein, or the total lack of calories that did this? And is my current practice of upping protein to 1.2 grams per KG necessary? Maybe so if my total calories are low. Protein does help to diminish my hunger.
    Lanette B)

Total lack of calories.

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Terri yours to Barbie. Truth.
    Rebecca, “a wee bit boing:. Mama once asked me “Aren't you bored?” with our calm, no arguments, life. Nope. We chose less drama, more peace, and are content with that choice.
    Michele imho the benefits of fresh fruit outweigh the sugar… but maybe berries?
    Tracey yours to Annie about the time for the chain saw to disappear. “…chicken tender…” :laugh: Con very grats on those high marks!
    Allie we all knew Miles was a cutie, now the little girls are discovering that too!
    Heather so sorry to hear about the recurrent thigh pain. Is there any external symptom? Swelling or discoloration?
    Barbie when we adopted Scooter, in addition to the application was a home inspection and a recommendation letter from our veterinarian. ;} Keep a copy of that application, it might come in handy for dealing with other dog rescue organizations.
    Margaret “look at spaces in our home as boundaries. If what I have does not fit in that boundary it is time to weed…. trying not just to fill them back up with overflow from somewhere else. (Another goal)” Yes this. The keyboard is now clear and I’ll try to keep it that way. If I put any “to be filed” paper on it, I’ll file it in the drawers before I leave the room. Baby steps.
    Lanette thanks for the ZOE series information. That really resonates. Back when I was an ovo/lacto veg, the Lappe books talked about food combinations to balance amino acids and that most women don’t need more than 45 g complete protein a day. Just subscribed and added ZOE to my “watch later” playlist.
    Joy wow you’ve been busy! Happy to see you and KJ posting again.
    Lisa Vertigo? Maybe today’s project might be more rest?

Today’s (8/17) gratitude: Joe keeping the dwarf trees alive with the water from the puppy pool and water buckets. Weather from the west, instead of the east.
    08/16: Move: 2 sets PT w/d, line dance class. Steps:5410
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=-1 CI<CO net=321
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, AD, filed all the papers on the keyboard and powered it up for the first time in months, helped Joe hose Shadow down, visited DS. Wt:131.4
    Time for PT, show, breakfast and get ready to stroll/catch up with T
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. August: Move more, fuel better (less sugar), live NOW
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Debbie - how do you know they are legit companies? That sounds like something my daughter could do easily.

I should try to go to bed. I hope I can sleep with the heat.
    Tracey in Edmonton

I have been working with a number of different companies for years. I get emails showing what shops are available.
    I am not sure if the same companies are up there.
    A few I work for are Marketforce, Ipsos,CustomerImpact.
    There used to be a great site that listed all the companies on one site, by location-type in your town and all the different ones in the area would show up. I stopped doing shops during covid and that site was gone when I tried to do shops again.
    I can get her more information if you want. I love doing them but am a bit more picky.
    I know, after all these years, which companies will give little bonuses near the end of the month or if the shop isn't getting picked up by anyone. Like the ones I am doing today. The very first one paid $9-it was at dh's store so I just did it when we went to get his check. The three yesterday and two today are paying $15(I applied for them a week later) and this morning, I see the remaining ones are now at $17. The more remote the area is, the higher it goes with some companies.
    I will be looking for more shops so will start checking out more companies along with the ones I am already signed up with.
    Some the shop fee isn't great but when they do a nice reimbursement for food plus pay a small shop fee, it is worth it, if you want the food.
    There is one that popped up for Red Lobster. Shop fee is just $5 BUT reimbursement is up to $70

Why so low? I thought they paid better than that.

Or are you in and out in about 20 minutes?

The ones I did this week were simple, in and out in about 15 min. Some would have been quicker but had dh with me and he was talking with employees that he used to work with at other stores.
    These were just, locate the product. put coupon stickers on each one, face the product, take pictures and if the store had back stock(none of the 6 did), put stickers on them or give the dairy manager the rest of the stickers. The hardest part was, for me, reaching the product. I did have my little step stool with me. I had seen I would need it when we were doing our weekly shopping before I had to do the shop. Two stores I needed it, two I was on my knees to reach the back of the bottom shelf.

Some shops pay more but I have found those want a LOT more detail and take a lot more time.
    I stick with ones I know exactly what they want before getting there.
    The ones I did this week, use an app so everything is done by the time I leave the store.
    The mystery shop ones take the time to do the shop and then time to input on the computer. Some of those are quick and others want so much that I was staying up, spending an hour putting the information in.

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Vicki - many commiserations on your pains. Sounds like kidney problems, but I am not a doctor. Sick leave might be a good option. <3 I am so fond of you, I worry about you.

I fried a pack of 'half-cooked' frozen falafel tonight. Delicious! Had it with hummus and salad. Yum!
    I could live on it. :D

Reminded by Lanette, I watched a video by Tim Spector. My diet is much like his. Plus alcohol. :s

Faithfully did my thigh exercises this morning. We will see. All good so far.

Much love to all. Missing Viv from York.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)Allie and Barbara When we adopted Bessie, Jake dealt with all the application process which included lots of e mails. Bessie was in Houston so there was no home inspection and no chance to meet Bessie ahead of time, only photos. She came to Washington by plane and we drove two hours to the airport in Seattle to pick her up. Jake also took the lead when we adopted Shiro, the Golden Retriever, from a breeder in Eureka and then Brandy and Sasha, the Standard Poodles, from a breeder in Sequim. Part of yesterday's application was contact info for our vet and two personal references. We gave them the names of our friend who walks Bessie with me every morning and the poodle breeder who is still a friend

:)Annie when we line danced at an assisted living place I met a 90 year old woman whose grown kids pressured her to sell her house and move because she insisted on continuing to use her chain saw.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min 5/20
    Strength all muscles 2 x 1/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) 1/8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min 2/20

2023- Altruistic August

Word of the year: appreciate. Today I appreciate breakfast out, even if it is only McDonalds!

Meditation: daily. 15/31 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%)

Walking and exercising slowed down because of record heat this month.

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 7/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5418,4157,6745 (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%, 100%.100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 170/208—(100%,100%,100%,50%, 83%, 100%, 100%)should be 154 by September 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)68/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6 (100%,100%,100%,0%,100%,100%,0%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 10/15 (100%,88%,100%,100%,100%,93%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 29/12 (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 8/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,(100%,100%,100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Set an intention to be kind to others (and yourself) this month. I plan to be kind to people I meet and to myself. Not just this month but all the time. It may not be every time, but I will try.
    2. Send an uplifting message to someone you can’t be with. I will text my best friend who lives in Michigan, and my friend that lives in NY. Did this
    3. Be kind and supportive to everyone you interact with. I did this!
    4. Ask someone how they feel and really listen to their reply. I plan to try to remember to do this. Done!
    5. Spend time wishing for other people to be happy and well. Will meditate and do this through a loving-kindness meditation.
    6. Smile and be friendly to the people you see today. Will do!
    7. Give time to help a project or cause you care about. I volunteer at Bottomless Lakes State park and also belong to the ‘Friends of’ group and am on the board as secretary. Does this count?
    8. Make some tasty food for someone who will appreciate it. My DH does all the cooking. Perhaps i will look for something KETO to cook. Otherwise, we give food to our co-host often.
    9. Thank someone you’re grateful to and tell them why. I will!
    10. Check in with someone who may be lonely or feeling anxious. Checked in with my son.
    11. Share an encouraging news story to inspire others. Did this at ER when the diagnosis was given.
    12. Contact a friend to let them know you’re thinking of them. Did this yesterday and will do again today.
    13. No plans day! Be kind to yourself so you can be kind to others too. I need the rest!
    14. Take an actions to be kind to nature and care for our planet. Will do! Need to de-stress!
    15. If someone annoys you, be kind. Imagine how they may be feeling. I will try to put myself in the other person’s shoes. Did this.
    16. Make a thoughtful gift as a surprise for someone. Will have to think about this! Did not do this. :(
    17. Be kind online. Share positive and supportive comments. Will do!
    18. Today, do something to make life easier for someone else.
    19. Be thankful for your food and the people who make it possible.
    20. Look for the good in everyone you meet today.
    21. Donate unused items, clothes, or food to help a local charity.
    22. Give people the gift of your full attention.
    23. Share an article, book, or podcast you find helpful.
    24. Forgive someone who hurt you in the past.
    25. Give your time, energy, or attention to someone in need.
    26. Find a way to ‘pay it forward’ or support a good cause.
    27. Notice when someone is down and try to brighten his day. (My DH’s birthday. He always gets depressed on this day. Worse this year as he turns 70 today).
    28. Have a friendly chat with someone you don’t know very well.
    29. Do something kind to help in your local community.
    30. Give away something to those who don’t have as much as you.
    31. Share Action for Happiness with other people today.

RVRita in Roswell, NM

The best predictor of the future or future behavior is the past. If until this point the relationships, hobby, friendship, job, etc. has not served you in any positive regard, it likely won't in the future.
    — YALDA SAFAI, MD, MPH
    A Word From Verywell
    Sunk cost fallacy can be tricky to wrap your head around, and it’s not without nuance. For more clarity in these complex decision-making moments, completely disregard how much you’ve already invested so that it doesn’t hold influence. Then, look at the facts.

Are you satisfied? Have you repeatedly been met with dead ends? Is there still potential for a positive outcome if you continue investing your resources and energy? What are the benefits of walking away and opening a new door? These are the factors that should influence your decision rather than any previously sunk costs.

RVRita in Roswell, NM