Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,854 Member
    Options
    <3
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,943 Member
    Options
    [bCynthia[/b], welcome! Lisa, I took Cynthia’s comment about her wall to mean what I call the newsfeed. It’s the part that looks the most like Facebook. I can’t remember if the “wall” is the newsfeed part or the profile page, but I know it is one of them. I also know that it took me a while to navigate between the two on here so that I could actually see the interaction with my “friends.” Even so, I still spend more time in this discussion thread than I do in my newsfeed, so I’m not a very supportive MFP friend.

Rebecca, I am beyond thrilled for you. You have been waiting for this for a long time. Hopefully he got as much out of the call as you did and will realize the importance of staying in touch.

Have any of you been having trouble with your food diary? I went on this morning to log the yogurt I had for an after dinner snack and yesterday’s diary was completely empty. So, I recreated it. Yet all of the food that I ate yesterday was right there at the top of my frequently eaten foods! One of my boundaries is to log my food every day - one that I have been letting slide. I was very disappointed to see it gone this morning. I’ve had this problem before, but it just seemed to be an issue of syncing among my various devices. I looked on all of them, both through the app and strictly online, and my log was definitely empty.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,007 Member
    Options
    It has happened! My youngest called today! I was like, "is this really you"???? He's like," yes mom I'm sorry, so sorry". I was crying, he was crying! Then we all relaxed and had the best 2 and a half hour chat.💖 Oh my heart. I am beyond the moon.
    I am breathing a sigh of relief.💖🙏👍⚓
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA

Yay!! :)

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,748 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I slept off and on last night,going to have some yogurt,hop in the shower and get ready for the Dr.
    Will let you know when i get back whats going on
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,007 Member
    Options
    Machka - I must not have paid much attention in school. I don’t remember the bee life.

I feel about summer here as you do about Winter there. I’m betting this Winter will go by fast for me since I’ll be in school, learning something new each week.

Rebecca - I was imagining the same when Machka told us about the bees.
    How incredibly exciting! I’m so happy for you. A weight must have lifted.

Tracey in Edmonton

I don't remember learning about bees in school either. But we've taken courses and have done quite a bit of research in the last couple years.

They're kind of like the Amazons!

The males (drones) just do the one thing they can. :wink:

With school, from my experience, there will likely be times where time just drags ... and then other times when time disappears!!

M in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,748 Member
    Options
    All freshened up and clothes out of the dryer,
    Watching the Today show and will leave in about 45 min.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Rebecca ~ So very happy you have heard from Owain.

Heather ~ Do your grands have contact with your ex? It sounds like they are very curious and insightful and I am so glad you were there to give them replies that were appropriate for their age.

Carol in GA
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,762 Member
    Options
    Rebecca ... my heart is just singing for you this morning! <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,608 Member
    Options
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,444 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Cynthia, welcome! Lisa, I took Cynthia’s comment about her wall to mean what I call the newsfeed. It’s the part that looks the most like Facebook. I can’t remember if the “wall” is the newsfeed part or the profile page, but I know it is one of them. I also know that it took me a while to navigate between the two on here so that I could actually see the interaction with my “friends.” Even so, I still spend more time in this discussion thread than I do in my newsfeed, so I’m not a very supportive MFP friend.

Of course, Katiebug! Which shows how bad I am this, much worse than you. I come straight to the thread, and almost never go through the newsfeed. Sorry, Cynthia! You will find that many of us interact only here, in the thread, for any number of personal reasons, and you may not get a lot of "friend" responses. Not because of anything you've done, we just tend to concentrate our energies here.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,279 Member
    Options
    Yes, Cynthia, I don't go through the newsfeed. I keep an open tab and just go through that to this thread. After 10 years I have even stopped logging ! I just come here to chat. :o;)

Carol - They do keep in touch with their Grandpa, but he now lives in Scotland. He makes the effort to fly down and see them, and the family have been up to him. Obviously, it's not as often as they see me and DH.
    He remarried and has two children at university. They took up a lot of his time and energy, (he is 76), when they were young, so the grandchildren perhaps didn't get so much attention. They seem fond of him, his wife, and their uncle and aunt. He always buys them very nice Christmas presents!

I went out by bus to exchange my soda stream cylinder. Also got 4 packets of wax earplugs. Then I sold my engagement ring, just a very simple 9ct gold and smoked citrine. I don't really like it now, and it's from my first marriage. It's actually a replacement for the original, which was stolen in a burglary in the 80s. I'll be able to get my hair cut for the wedding and holiday on the proceeds. :D
    I popped into the supermarket to pick up a couple of things I can't get locally. Finished off with getting off the bus and into our Mediterranean shop for Za'atar, falafel, and hummus. Found some gorgeous vine tomatoes.
    Got home and started the Tandoori chicken.
    All good. Quite hot today!

Now for a nap.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx