Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2024

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,683 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Morning again all
    Got Sean to the Dr and home again..Tracy got the paperwork that was needed and ,I will pick it up when she gets home,which should be soon.. they are just doing last minute checkup in the nursery on Delia and they took her to the nursery last night and just brought her in for feedings last night,Tracy got a bit more sleep.Kyle will come get her and Delia and they have a pediatrician appointment tomorrow
    Im going to call to see if i can get in for an oil change.

Congratulations and commiserations ... this has to be a difficult time for everyone.

But cute names!

barbiecat wrote: »
    In 2009 I started on a weight loss program that recommended no coffee. I had noticed that one of my attractions to coffee was the tasty creamer I put in it, so I cut back on coffee slowly until I stopped completely. Among the many benefits I found from not drinking coffee in the morning were extra time and the ability to go for a long walk first thing in the morning without having to find a toilet. I have a lot of other habits that I haven't let go of, but these choices made a big difference in my life. Fortunately, I haven't seen any reason to give up the chocolate that I love so much.
    <3 Barbie in NW WA

I've never smoked and rarely drink alcohol ... the idea of drinking something full of calories that kills brain cells was never appealing.

Way back when (1988 or so), I decided I would not drink my calories unless I was on a long bicycle ride and needed the extra energy quickly. Food makes me feel fuller.

But I kept my delicious black coffee and tea. :)

Because of what happened to me I am changing some of my online habits too!

I know on Facebook I will no longer go on public posts and if a friends posts them I will no longer hit the like button! When I joined it I gave no personal info about me. I never answer any of those posts that ask an opinion or could give away my age!

Good plan.

Doing those "fun" quizzes and answering 10 things about you, or where did we meet, etc. are all dangerous as well.

DH had one of his stomach episodes yesterday. He refuses to go to the hospital about it and when he’s mentioned it to a doctor they don’t find anything. I personally think he is having gallbladder attacks.

I don’t have much to say,
    Tracey in Edmonton

All of my years dealing with my "weird stomach" it turns out it was my gallbladder. It was a pain that would radiate all over my abdomen, enough that I kind of had to "lamaze breathe" until it passed. I could remember these episodes back at Oregon in 2014, and then every couple of months from then on, until I had it out. It was a simple ultra sound to see the "gallstones" so he just needs to do that.👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I'm beginning to wonder about gallbladder as well.

For several years, I would occasionally get this pain ...
    - it happens when I'm sitting or walking, but not exerting myself
    - it is sudden - everything is fine, and then whammo!
    - it starts in the upper, right quadrant of my abdomen, and feels like a knife going right through me to my back, and then like a vice squeezing me around the whole right side of my abdomen/rib cage. Meanwhile shooting pains go up into my back, right shoulder, right arm, and into my neck.
    - it is agonising, excruciating and every other word for extreme pain you can think of.
    - deep breaths, stretching, moving, sitting, lying down, standing up ... nothing relieves it.
    - and then about 5 minutes later (but feels like about 5 hours later), it eases up ... and is gone.

As I said, I would get that pain occasionally, like maybe a couple times a year, kind of randomly. But in the last couple weeks, it has happened 3 times.

I'm going to have to see my doctor. :neutral:

Regarding freezers ... we have 2 small chest freezers. One is currently in storage, and the other is in the house.

We use 1 regularly but the other one is for harvest time when my husband freezes the veggies we've grown. Since the yard isn't set up for a veggie garden yet, and we haven't planted anything yet, the 2nd freezer isn't needed yet!

One of the main things we use our main small chest freezer and our fridge freezer for are bags of frozen veggies from either the grocery store or our garden.

Machka in Oz

It is a pain that radiates thru the abdomen, and for me the only thing that relaxed me was the hottest bath I could muster! Yep ho see your doctor.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,174 Member
    @Allie, the kids are so cute together! I hope Miles continues once she gets older and goes after his ‘stuff’! LOL

Well, started with a cold yesterday afternoon. Slept all afternoon then back in bed by 9. Started the Harry Potter series yesterday. 1 a day until all 8 are gone through. We did the 6 Hobbits a couple of week ago. Fun to watch them. I am also watching an old TV series called GRIMM. Fun characters with action and drama. Lots of ‘creatures’ from Grimm’s fairytales in it. I have a copy of the original Grimm’s Fairy tales because of this show. 6 seasons, we are up to season 4.

Dinner yesterday was Kevin’s pot pie and what I call Kevin’s green bean salad. Lots of cucumber, some pickled beets, and string beans in an oil and vinegar dressing. Sorry about the in-elegant dishes.

l02pyxmyqbbl.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell
  • Whidislander
    Happy Thursday or whatever day it is for you!💖
    Today is hamhock and pinto bean soup. I might just make some chicken soup in another pot for me. My body for some reason doesn't process hamhock and pinto bean soup well. But mine, chicken stock based is fine. Lee gets annoyed that I don't eat (his) soup. I always reply, "don't take it personally, its soup"!

This weekend might be our ramen pilgrimage. I'm excited for that. I'm going to fast happily that day until we travel down to the place in Langley. Son said we might have another guy from the squadron. Hopefully he's not like a drinker, or weird. Its our time. I will be gracious, and not worry about it.

No word from youngest son on his doctors appts. He did say earlier last week that doctors found him to be a bit low in iron, so he's taking iron pills. Has appt on 25th. I had asked for an update, and within 30 minutes he had gotten back to answer on Messenger. So glad about his quick reply. That alone is leaps and bounds from past behavior. I am proud of him.

Doing well on IF these days. Normally a 16/18 hour fast. Today's is a 20 just to keep my body guessing and adapting. Yesterday was brrr battered fish filets on small tortillas with cheese. I made a cucumber based coleslaw which was a nice crunch. My eating window was 4 hours yesterday, drinking my coffee with Truiva in it. Its interesting that in the morning I do have black coffee but other times I have it with sweetener. Both are good for the most part. One is fasting coffee, the other guilt free pleasure coffee I suppose.💖

Well time to organize for the gym. Only missed a couple days for the last 28 days. Just 4 times a week. Its not an everyday thing.
    I am a rockstar. A pudgy rockstar.😂
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,174 Member
    And Today is: AHRG!! Talk like a pirate today! Heave-ho mateys! 🏴‍☠️

a26x8j4myt6r.jpeg
    89lkpvgp0hwu.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,976 Member
    Sheesh poor Selina will hopefully get picked up eventually..I picked up new paperwork and Tracy just needs to sign it and I need to take it back. And then it should be all set.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,127 Member
    Morning, all,

Got a couple more hours sleep today than yesterday, yay for me... :smile:

do understand inheritance, but use of something doesn't have to ruin it.

Quilts, in particular, should get more beautiful with time and use, not less. Just a little care will keep them in good shape. I'm not good at judging how old someone is, but she seemed to be in her 80s, and she had put these things she loved away instead of having them out where she can see them, enjoy them, indulge in the memory of their creation. It does seem a pity. I try to tell the recipients of my quilts to USE them, that's what they're for, but you can't make people use the good china, I've found.

Ah well.

Too deeply philosophical this morning! Time to go back to work on the fabric avalanche:
    zxmngy344yt9.jpg

I want to be out mowing as soon as it's light, and would like to have that straightened out before I go outside. We'll see... believe it or not, that's only half. I did the first half yesterday! I'll take a picture when it's done, and try to remember that "done is better than perfect." 👀😹🤣

Love y'all!
    Later,
    Lisa in AR

A couple years ago,mom had a friend finish off four quilt tops that my great grandmother had made but never finished many years before- Mom had just had them in the closet. Now that they are finished. Each of us three girls got one and one for mom. I keep it on the back of my couch all the time. I change the couch cover under it, depending on the season, but always have the quilt there- It is a crazy quilt. When mom had them finished and was letting me pick which one I wanted(I got first pick), it was fun listening to her remember what each of the fabrics were from.
    I also have a baby blanket Grandma Bee made for my older sister. It is put away. It is well worn. One day I will pull it back out again.
    Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • mcmillonmail
    mcmillonmail Posts: 68 Member
    Good Morning, ladies, even though it is two minutes to noon. Rose is late for day camp, but I will soon shower and prepare for us. I was going to skip the pool time today, but my friend asked me how it was yesterday, and the guilt hit. So, we are going to our places. I will exercise tomorrow, too, to make up for yesterday. I did throw out some things this Morning. Now, one empty shelf, and I can walk through my garage. Now, I need to check out the Thred Up site. I can get rid of my big clothes there, and I found some of Julia's scrubs that have tags on them, and I can get her some credit, too. My closet is full of new pants that are too big for DH, so he can also benefit from them. So, every week, I will spend 5 minutes in each room on my day off. I may need to have a yard sale as well. There are two ugly lamps in my living room and junk in my mother's old room. I have not checked out Horace Alexanders(my son). I will ask him as I go.

Allie, I'm glad you got some sleep. It looks like sMiles will be a great big brother.

Lisa, my cats always lay on my books when I had to study or on me. That is their way of saying it is all about me. You have enough material to make a beautiful quilt. Enjoy creating.

Heather, I am so happy you made it to the beach. You look beautiful and happy.

Annie, I am so excited for you. It is fun to have new clothes. Did you get any shirts with Pink Floyd or Rolling Stones on them? My fave back then was Fleetwood Mac. I love Elton John, too.

Machka, I am working on my kitchen, and I have a lot of lids. If there are no matches, they are out. Thanks for your posts; they are very encouraging. I share some with DH. DH posts his vlogs daily on Instagram, Tic Toc, and YouTube. "60 seconds of Hope."
    Well Chickies, I am going out to swim, get Rose more bullysticks. I need gas too. I will check in later.
    XO,
    Mo
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,127 Member
    today is our 32nd anniversary- made it through another year, barely.
    He is meeting a friend for lunch, we may go out to dinner this evening. He offered to pick up bbq while he is out with his friend- nice gesture except he knows I don't care for bbq usually.

I will walk the wetlands before picking up my daycare girl. Need to get shoes on and start watering the garden before doing that.

Second load of laundry in the washer- soaking this load as one pair of leggings is stained from when I was at mom's picking tomatoes- neon green streaks on the pants that didn't come out in the first wash.

Cool today- 70 when I go walking. That will be a nice change. Ready for some rain though.

Debbie
  • pipcd34
  • Whidislander
    Debbie,
    Happy Anniversary! So let me get this straight. Its your anniversary, yet he's going to go out with a friend, and might pick bbq up for you, though you aren't really a fan of bbq??? There's so much going on there, it makes my brain hurt.😥 You deserve the moon friend!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 5min 17sec, 64elev, 2.89ap, 75ahr, 97mhr, 6.08mi= 552c
    Strava app = 737c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 33.02min, 1047elev, 131aw, 9.1amph, 101ahr, 141mhr, 5.01mi= 188c
    Strava app= 247c
    Zwift stats- 33.06min, 1048elev, 130aw, 56arpm, 9.08amph, 5.01mi= 247c

Total cal 740

Today’s training schedule called for 30 minutes of walk swim or bike, by default we passed that just by walking alone.

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,976 Member
    Right? Rebecca.. poor Debby is always getting the short end of the stick..
    Honestly I don't know how im going to do on this cruise ..when I need to nap daily ...
    I will see the APRN the day before I leave on the cruise..so hopefully she has some wisdom
    Will stop in the morning and pick up paperwork and drop off to cremation place tomorrow and then hopefully get some things done around here.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,581 Member
    Allie - I always managed an afternoon nap on my cruises, even with a busy schedule. Can't do without it.

I'm going to try for a mile and a half tomorrow. I promised my physio that I would. :o Not as far as Marrocos, but somewhere in between there and the café for the return journey. Tomorrow is our last day of summer weather. Rain expected for the weekend. My cleaner has been on holiday in Bath, and has had perfect weather this week. :D

It's Edie's birthday next week. The parents suggested I buy her a triathlon bag, so I've ordered that. Thought that might be a bit boring, so I've ordered some leather luggage labels in a swirly rainbow pattern,so she can identify her navy bag more easily! Also got an Upworthy book, Good People, which I will share with her. (They are on Instagram - inspiring stories)
    She will be 11. :o:o:o

Had schoolfriends Zoom this afternoon. I got cross with G. Oops. She doesn't seem to mind. Afterwards I researched wearable heated fleeces for her. ;)

Made delicious Pea Masala for dinner and froze half. Had it with cod, and a few chunky chips (fries).

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,434 Member
    edited September 19
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    today is our 32nd anniversary- made it through another year, barely.
    He is meeting a friend for lunch, we may go out to dinner this evening. He offered to pick up bbq while he is out with his friend- nice gesture except he knows I don't care for bbq usually.

Debbie

What would happen if you told him exactly what you wanted to do to celebrate your anniversary?

Perhaps something along the lines of ...

On Monday, say: "Thursday is our 32nd anniversary, I've made reservations at this restaurant for 6 pm. Don't forget"

On Wednesday, say: "Don't forget that we've got reservations at this restaurant for 6 pm."

On Thursday, say: "I'll see you at this restaurant at 6 pm."

But I tend to be rather blunt like that when I'm making plans.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,765 Member
    Hey kids - Busy day in the end... This was the results of my first run at getting all that fabric sorted and organized:
    9h2rqhjxggzv.png

Very pleased, because I've touched and re-wound them all, so I know not just what I have, but how much of it.Five boxes of scraps, etc., to go through tomorrow, some of which will go on the shelf, but most of which will be sorted into big plastic bags by color and fiber content. If it's less than a yard, it's a scrap, in effect.
    Took a break at 7, got the mowing done and took a shower after, and then another hour or so on fabric. Then a quick trip to Walmart, Aldi and the post office to send off a box to my sis, and the whole day just "poof!" was gone before I knew it. I was literally winding the last 8-yard strip of fabric onto a card when Corey called to say he was on his way home. I had potstickers and he had sausage and leftover stuffing and mashed potatoes.

Got my heavy duty sewing machine in, but didn't have much time to play with it, so I'll be able to do that tomorrow... no plans other than one load of laundry tomorrow and more clean up and organization.

Nodding out over this, time to get ready to go to bed.

Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    😀🌻🚶‍♀️👣🐕🐾