Are u aware of BB hip thrusts work glutes more than squats?

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Can we get back to the fact that the OP BB hip thrusts (allegedly) 195lb but seems to struggle with deadlifting 135lb. Seems a little *kitten* about face to me.

Also, the deadlift vid was from a few months ago.

I hip thrusted today at 200 lbs for 2 sets of 5 reps

How tall are you?

Barely 5ft and bulked up now to 98 lbs

Ahh. If you can BB thrust 200lbs, I'm assuming the small stature gives you a greater leverage advantage.

I'm still going to need a video to believe this.
    I'd like to see one too, but I don't think the OP will deliver.

Doesn't seem like
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Can we get back to the fact that the OP BB hip thrusts (allegedly) 195lb but seems to struggle with deadlifting 135lb. Seems a little *kitten* about face to me.

I have a video for that too if you don't believe me...

i hardly deadlift... i hip thrust 3x a week

That would be lovely.

The only vid I have on my phone right now is of me doing 155 and looking at it now the form is not great so I don't want to upload it, was probably feeling weak that day. However I did 200 lbs today. Believe what you will.

I will thanks :flowerforyou:
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Can we get some facepalm .gifs?

My contribution..never say I am not a giver :tongue:

2zy8mpv.jpg

:laugh:
  • jstarz002
    Options

How tall are you?

Ahh. If you can BB thrust 200lbs, I'm assuming the small stature gives you a greater leverage advantage.

i only have a video of me doing 185 lbs... not 200 cause today was the first time i did it Do you want me to deliver 185 lbs?
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Can we get some facepalm .gifs?

Le sigh :lol:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

How tall are you?

i only have a video of me doing 185 lbs... not 200 cause today was the first time i did it Do you want me to deliver 185 lbs?

Absolutely.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

How tall are you?

So...over 43 inches and 75 pounds?
  • whierd
    Options
    CADORI FROM LEFT FIELD!!!
  • PikaKnight
    Options

How tall are you?

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

z205099164.gif
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

How tall are you?

Oh you...

are hilarious.
  • jstarz002
    Options

How tall are you?

Absolutely.

Here you go. It was taken 4 weeks ago and back then i wasn't holding on to the bar tight enough before lift up so it looks unstable and plates swinging too much. My form is MUCH better now and i really hold on to the bar to stabilize so it doesn't swing as much. I swear to god i did 200 lbs today... ive been doing 195 lbs for a few weeks now...

The vid is 15 seconds because it's from Instagram. I don't have the original vid anymore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLtZ5WEbSIQ
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Here you go. It was taken 4 weeks ago and back then i wasn't holding on to the bar tight enough before lift up so it looks unstable and plates swinging too much. My form is MUCH better now and i really hold on to the bar to stabilize so it doesn't swing as much. I swear to god i did 200 lbs today... ive been doing 195 lbs for a few weeks now...

The vid is 15 seconds because it's from Instagram. I don't have the original vid anymore

You should try the glute bridges from the floor as a form check. It'll help :) (I'm not being snarky. I am snarky when I'd enjoy it. But I'm not being so now :D)
  • whierd
    Options
    d0160581_6233180.jpg
  • jstarz002
    Options

You should try the glute bridges from the floor as a form check. It'll help :) (I'm not being snarky. I am snarky when I'd enjoy it. But I'm not being so now :D)

No thanks Jeff
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options

No thanks Jeff

OK.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

How tall are you?

Absolutely.

Bad angle but not too bad (not great) from what I can see apart from not having full ROM.

However, you need to understand that you have been doing these for a while and do them regularly, yet you dismiss and ridicule people that can only do a lighter weight. I can turn it around and say your *only* can do a 135lb deadlift as I do a lot more. However, that would not be fair as I do them more often and have difference circumstances.

As long as you progressively load and challenging yourself, then it does not matter what you are currently doing.

The other issue is that your condescending and insulting attitude actually detracted from what could have been a very good post. BB Hip thrusts are excellent for the glutes and Contreras is a very solid resource, but that all got lost.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

No thanks Jeff

oh-****-facepalm-o.gif
  • jstarz002
    Options

No thanks Jeff

OK.

Like I said my form improved a lot. I couldn't tape myself today cause I took up a bench press. I can only tape myself when im in the squat rack and there is a side bench free to place my phone on or in the power rack so i can place my phone on the window ledge.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options

Absolutely.

Bad angle but not too bad (not great) from what I can see apart from not having full ROM.

However, you need to understand that you have been doing these for a while and do them regularly, yet you dismiss and ridicule people that can only do a lighter weight. I can turn it around and say your *only* can do a 135lb deadlift as I do a lot more. However, that would not be fair as I do them more often and have difference circumstances.

As long as you progressively load and challenging yourself, then it does not matter what you are currently doing.

The other issue is that your condescending and insulting attitude actually detracted from what could have been a very good post. BB Hip thrusts are excellent for the glutes and Contreras is a very solid resource, but that all got lost.

*nods*

edited to get rid of some of the infini-quote…

Also to add, I actually did go and look up thrusts (as I've never really considered them before) and may think about trying them. But that was only after I was able to move pass the attitude of "look at this new thing I know that you don't, 'cause I'm better". Sadly we see a LOT of that attitude on MFP :ohwell:
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    It seems the op just challenged fitness dogma, and it's pretty much been a gang assault on the op ever since.