Are u aware of BB hip thrusts work glutes more than squats?

Options

Replies

• jstarz002
    Options
    It seems the op just challenged fitness dogma, and it's pretty much been a gang assault on the op ever since.

Nah... its cause im a obnoxious *kitten*.... but i love it...

Plenty of other people have suggested hip thrusts in other threads and nothing like this has ever occurred. i am just one of a kind.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It seems the op just challenged fitness dogma, and it's pretty much been a gang assault on the op ever since.

What did the OP challenge?
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options

Here you go. It was taken 4 weeks ago and back then i wasn't holding on to the bar tight enough before lift up so it looks unstable and plates swinging too much. My form is MUCH better now and i really hold on to the bar to stabilize so it doesn't swing as much. I swear to god i did 200 lbs today... ive been doing 195 lbs for a few weeks now...

The vid is 15 seconds because it's from Instagram. I don't have the original vid anymore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLtZ5WEbSIQ

Nice! :drinker:

Some people are better at some exercises than others. You really didn't need to prove ****, ya know, but keep on thrusting and maybe use that posterior chain to improve your other lifts. :drinker:
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options

The cult of poop squatting. duh
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

tumblr_ll3oeqQXbe1qbvaudo1_500.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Have you even read what people had an issue with?

Also....

Why were you banned from bb.com for a month?

For "Calling Out A Raid" on a sub forum. Someone wrote something on a sub forum that was laughable so I went into the more popular forum and told folks to go in that particular forum which they did and started mocking her... I have been banned other times for fighting with others etc

White Knighting her? Good cause!
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    You can't white knight for a female against females. It's more like squirting two cats mating with a water hose.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Off to hip thrust notabarbell.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    You can't white knight for a female against females. It's more like squirting two cats mating with a water hose.

Meow....
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

Meow....

Wait, so is it one of those things where the cats hate each other?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Meow....

tumblr_lek71y8YXo1qakx30.gif
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read later.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    WAY3Yvw.gif
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I love it when people start topics with a legitimate topic but their toxic personality totally ruins what they were trying to say. Gotta have a 'tude if you're giving advice. Totally gives 'em street cred, yo.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    :noway: Holy crap. I just read this whole thread and... holy crap.
  • Lemongrab1
    Lemongrab1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    This went downhill within like 3 comments.
    I'm impressed.

On a side note, am I the only one who doesn't have barbells in my gym? We only have dumbbells.
    Not sure I can thrust in the gym anyway without laughing at my own intense public perversion.
  • RebekahR84
    Options
    On a side note, am I the only one who doesn't have barbells in my gym? We only have dumbbells.
    Not sure I can thrust in the gym anyway without laughing at my own intense public perversion.

Is your gym one of those 24 hour gyms? I used to go to one of those, and they didn't have "free" barbells because there was no one there at night to make sure we didn't kill ourselves with them, so they couldn't get insurance if they had them. We did have one of those rack-things, where the barbell is on a track. Not sure what those are called at the moment.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Is your gym one of those 24 hour gyms? I used to go to one of those, and they didn't have "free" barbells because there was no one there at night to make sure we didn't kill ourselves with them, so they couldn't get insurance if they had them. We did have one of those rack-things, where the barbell is on a track. Not sure what those are called at the moment.

Smith Machine.
  • RebekahR84
    Options
    YES! Thank you. I hate when you know the word, but it just won't come out.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    WOW, this thread! :laugh:

I hip thrust and glute bridge, but view those as accessory lifts. I continue to squat and DL.

I started hip thrusting and glute bridging as just bodyweight exercises, which I'm pretty sure is what Contreras recommends, and later added weight. I started with an empty barbell, as I did with every single exercise I do.

At this point, my bb glute bridges and hip thrusts are at just a slightly higher weight than my DL 1RM, but I do 10 reps/5 sets of the glute bridges/hip thrusts.

I think they're ALL great exercises for building strength and power, and improving the look of one's booty.

Like Sara said, OP's attitude really got in the way of what could have been a productive thread. That's a shame.