Are u aware of BB hip thrusts work glutes more than squats?

Options

Replies

• Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

That's why I love using no pad when squatting and no gloves. Makes me feel superior when I see weak guys having to use a pad in the smith machine while gloves to protect his soft hands.

Meh, i'll stick to wearing gloves. Having soft hands beats being a show off at the gym.

I don't care about having soft hands; I take pride in callused hands. It shows toughness in my opinion. Of course it's not necessary; I just don't like using gloves.

Also, the majority of people at the gym have no need for gloves. The only exercise that I could imagine you may need gloves for are heavy deadlifts.

Are guys serious when they need gloves to do curls with 30 lbs and tricep push downs on the cable machines? Gloves for that? Come on.

Need? No. I don't care that they're wearing them though.

And yes. I use mine for deadlifts. I am a very delicate flower.
  • jstarz002
    Options
    Oh lawdy. Not using a pad when you squat has nothing to do with being a 'wussy' or not and everything to do with form. /smh

Aware but for most people they will still be sore in their back the first time they do it even WITH proper form because they are not used to having a bar on their back. However they are too wimpy to suck it up and get used to it and resort to using a pad etc.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Oh lawdy. Not using a pad when you squat has nothing to do with being a 'wussy' or not and everything to do with form. /smh

Aware but for most people they will still be sore in their back the first time they do it even WITH proper form because they are not used to having a bar on their back. However they are too wimpy to suck it up and get used to it and resort to using a pad etc.

Maybe if you mentioned why a pad is not a good idea rather than some macho bs, then people would actually get something out of your posts.

Have you ever thought that they do not know not to use it, rather than them just being wimpy?
  • jstarz002
    Options

That's why I love using no pad when squatting and no gloves. Makes me feel superior when I see weak guys having to use a pad in the smith machine while gloves to protect his soft hands.

Meh, i'll stick to wearing gloves. Having soft hands beats being a show off at the gym.

I don't care about having soft hands; I take pride in callused hands. It shows toughness in my opinion. Of course it's not necessary; I just don't like using gloves.

Also, the majority of people at the gym have no need for gloves. The only exercise that I could imagine you may need gloves for are heavy deadlifts.

Are guys serious when they need gloves to do curls with 30 lbs and tricep push downs on the cable machines? Gloves for that? Come on.

I don't consider myself delicate in any way. I may be under 100 lbs but I like to consider myself tougher than most men at my gym and I like to scare most of then men at my gym by being badass, dropping/slamming weights around and wearing no gloves.
  • jstarz002
    Options

Maybe if you mentioned why a pad is not a good idea rather than some macho bs, then people would actually get something out of your posts.

Have you ever thought that they do not know not to use it, rather than them just being wimpy?

It's not my job to educate people. It's so much more fun by being macho and calling people wimps etc.

Yes; using good form (proper bar placement) and squeezing your shoulder blades to create a shelf helps.

I am not here to educate people though.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

It's not my job to educate people. It's so much more fun by being macho and calling people wimps etc.

Yes; using good form (proper bar placement) and squeezing your shoulder blades to create a shelf helps.

LOL - but you made this thread. Why? Your logic escapes me.
  • jstarz002
    Options

Nah I think they do know how to use it..... majority are guys... also i have seen many GUYS writing on bodybuilding.com that they prefer using a pad... even though they know about form etc... they were asking of others "judged" them on it..... which i btw DO. I think many guys are aware of proper form but still like to use the pad cause it's easier.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    It's a shame really...and rather sad.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Using a pad creates a bit of a slip/roll hazard, which is why I don't use one. However, i did until my traps could take the weight I was squatting.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Nah I think they do know how to use it..... majority are guys... also i have seen many GUYS writing on bodybuilding.com that they prefer using a pad... even though they know about form etc... they were asking of others "judged" them on it..... which i btw DO. I think many guys are aware of proper form but still like to use the pad cause it's easier.

Which answer are you going with? Your first one or the one immediately after it?
  • jstarz002
    Options

LOL - but you made this thread. Why? Your logic escapes me.

To prove others wrong; that squats are not #1 for dat *kitten*. It was to prove a point and to debate/argue. Not done on purpose to educate people although that was a side effect.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

I don't consider myself delicate in any way. I may be under 100 lbs but I like to consider myself tougher than most men at my gym and I like to scare most of then men at my gym by being badass, dropping/slamming weights around and wearing no gloves.

Oh I see.
    Well, we can't all be delicate flowers and baddases in the gym at the same time.

I really am something special.:flowerforyou:
  • jstarz002
    Options

Which answer are you going with? Your first one or the one immediately after it?

Wimps... Espec if they are using gloves at the same time.

It's the most unmasculine and unsexiest thing ever to see a guy squat with a pad and gloves. Turns me off. I am not trolling but totally serious. I cannot respect a guy that has a lower pain tolerance than me and I'm a petite female.
  • whierd
    Options

It's the most unmasculine and unsexiest thing ever to see a guy squat with a pad and gloves. Turns me off. I am not trolling but totally serious. I cannot respect a guy that has a lower pain tolerance than me and I'm a petite female.

Uh...ok? I use neither, but those guys aren't in the gym to impress you, darlin'. They are there to improve themselves. Back in HS when I DID use gloves while lifting, it wasn't to protect my hands, it was because it made me feel badass. Nothing more.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Wowsa!.

If anyone is actually interested, check out Contreras' site, youtube vids and books - he does have solid info (just in case the messenger put anyone off) and yes, BB Hip Thrusts are excellent for a more isolated glute development.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

So, they all do know the disadvantage of using a pad now? Bit of an assumption imo, but you go with want you need to go with.
  • whierd
    Options
    Wowsa!.

If anyone is actually interested, check out Contreras' site, youtube vids and books - he does have solid info (just in case the messenger put anyone off) and yes, BB Hip Thrusts are excellent for a more isolated glute development.

How do you correct having one glute that is larger than the other?
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

Sounds like you roll your own tampons and can kick start a vibrator...and your vag may have teeth.

I find posturing unsexy
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Wowsa!.

How do you correct having one glute that is larger than the other?

You could probably try doing single leg exercises such as split squats and glute bridges and add a few reps onto the side where you are underdeveloped.
  • whierd
    Options
    Jstarz, why is it that you have something to prove? Or are you just trolling?