Fake boobs?

Options
I am really surprised at the amount of people in the forums I see that talk about getting/wanting fake boobs. I'm not judging at all, it's just really interesting to me. I always thought they had a negative connotation, but it seems here to be totally okay. Maybe our society is changing, maybe it's just a colloquial (MFP) difference, or maybe it had a more negative connotation to me because of where I grew up (bible-belt).

Any thoughts?

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Who cares, boobs are boobs.
  • Mustgetbuff
    Mustgetbuff Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I am so torn over implants. As someone who has always been flat-chested, I've asked myself what I would do if presented with the opportunity to upgrade the girls. I think breasts are one of the biggest (lol) representations of femininity, so I feel like I'm missing out on something--they are just so damn womanly and sexy! It would probably be a confidence booster if I ever did get it done, but on the other hand, you're basically mutilating your body to conform with society's beauty standard. What if little boobs were suddenly "IN" and we all wanted to look like Keira Knightley (but I mean, who already doesn't?); would I regret my new, bigger boobs? Is it worth taking the risk going under the knife just to improve what I already have? Probably not. So until then, I'll just continue to dream that I'm a late bloomer and one day I'll wake up with bountiful C cups. 27 isn't too old for a growth spurt, right?!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I see those cancer survivors with their fake boobs, makes me so mad! I just want to go over and tell them about all the negative connotation!
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    who cares? live and let live. Besides, no one can tell which one of you is the actual member from that pic. Are you a man or a woman?
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    My mother disowned me over mine.
  • _amluvstld_
    Options
    I'm from So Cal, I'm probably in the minority with my natural boobs. However, if I felt I needed them or wanted them I would have no problem going fake. It goes along the same lines as eyes on your own plate; to each their own.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    who cares? live and let live. Besides, no one can tell which one of you is the actual member from that pic. Are you a man or a woman?

Irony or sarcasm?
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    I would love to replace mine with some nice fake ones... but I'm not sure it's worth the discomfort. I'm a 'no pain; no pain" kinda girl.
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    I have always had boobs. Since the 3rd grade... I don't want flat skin bags when I lose the weight.
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I see those cancer survivors with their fake boobs, makes me so mad! I just want to go over and tell them about all the negative connotation!

I did not say I gave them a negative connotation, I said that I believed that they HAD a negative connotation to the majority of the population (at least the limited amount of population I have come into contact with). There is absolutely no way I could have posed the observation/question in a more neutral manner.

Woman, although given how neutrally the forum was worded, I don't think it matters. And again, I was just making an observation of something that I found interesting, not rebuking people who have or want fake boobs.
  • somerisagirlsname
    Options

That's terrible. I'd say 'I'm sorry' but I'm sure you've heard that 102948984 times.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I find boobs terribly overrated.

But I don't judge those who get implants. In fact I've always wanted to touch some. Never have.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    god invented plastic surgeons for a reason
  • somerisagirlsname
    Options
    I am so torn over implants. As someone who has always been flat-chested, I've asked myself what I would do if presented with the opportunity to upgrade the girls. I think breasts are one of the biggest (lol) representations of femininity, so I feel like I'm missing out on something--they are just so damn womanly and sexy! It would probably be a confidence booster if I ever did get it done, but on the other hand, you're basically mutilating your body to conform with society's beauty standard. What if little boobs were suddenly "IN" and we all wanted to look like Keira Knightley (but I mean, who already doesn't?); would I regret my new, bigger boobs? Is it worth taking the risk going under the knife just to improve what I already have? Probably not. So until then, I'll just continue to dream that I'm a late bloomer and one day I'll wake up with bountiful C cups. 27 isn't too old for a growth spurt, right?!

That's interesting. I'm so afraid I'm going to lose every bit of mine when I drop all this weight, that I may even consider implants. I just LOVE boobs. My boobs, other boobs, all boobs. Even man-boobs sometimes.
  • somerisagirlsname
    Options
    I would love to replace mine with some nice fake ones... but I'm not sure it's worth the discomfort. I'm a 'no pain; no pain" kinda girl.

Bahaha. 'No pain, no pain.' I'm going to use that forever.
  • Excuse_less
    Excuse_less Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I find boobs terribly overrated.

But I don't judge those who get implants. In fact I've always wanted to touch some. Never have.

Overrated ?!?!?! That's blasphemy !!!
  • _firecracker_
    _firecracker_ Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm a small boobed chick (for those who'll creep profile pics, I wear padded push up bras) and this adventure of cutting down on body fat is sure to only make matters worse. For the first time, if financially the situation came up I might consider it....

....and then I'll think about what kind of mods I can do to my jeep for the same amount of money and change my mind. :P
  • somerisagirlsname
    Options
    I'm a small boobed chick (for those who'll creep profile pics, I wear padded push up bras) and this adventure of cutting down on body fat is sure to only make matters worse. For the first time, if financially the situation came up I might consider it....

....and then I'll think about what kind of mods I can do to my jeep for the same amount of money and change my mind. :P

Baha, my fiance wants to get his jeep all souped up as well, so that'd have to come first. :laugh:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

That's terrible. I'd say 'I'm sorry' but I'm sure you've heard that 102948984 times.

Thanks. She's got issues. :sick: