Fake boobs?

Options

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    question OP, say one was to lose a lot of weight. Now one of the drawbacks to weight loss can be a loss of breast tissue since most of that tissue is fat. So after working very hard to lose weight, one is left with small, droopy breasts. We as women tie our self esteem into our breasts. This person worked hard to feel better, but ever time she looks in a mirror all she sees is her sagging small breasts. Couldnt one understand how a lady would be driven to go under the knife, so that her exterior matches how she feels inside?
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I find boobs terribly overrated.

But I don't judge those who get implants. In fact I've always wanted to touch some. Never have.

My three friends and all I squeezed into a stall at work and felt each other up. One has saline, mine are silicone gel. The 3rd was going in for a lift and enhancement and wanted to decide which to go for. :bigsmile:
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I want some.. just saying..
  • brook4980
    Options
    After you have kids trust me you'll want them
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    All boobs are good boobs.
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    question OP, say one was to lose a lot of weight. Now one of the drawbacks to weight loss can be a loss of breast tissue since most of that tissue is fat. So after working very hard to lose weight, one is left with small, droopy breasts. We as women tie our self esteem into our breasts. This person worked hard to feel better, but ever time she looks in a mirror all she sees is her sagging small breasts. Couldnt one understand how a lady would be driven to go under the knife, so that her exterior matches how she feels inside?

Here is a previous quote of mine from this thread:
    That's interesting. I'm so afraid I'm going to lose every bit of mine when I drop all this weight, that I may even consider implants. I just LOVE boobs. My boobs, other boobs, all boobs. Even man-boobs sometimes.
  • somerisagirlsname
    Options

My three friends and all I squeezed into a stall at work and felt each other up. One has saline, mine are silicone gel. The 3rd was going in for a lift and enhancement and wanted to decide which to go for. :bigsmile:

Verdict?
  • _firecracker_
    _firecracker_ Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I see those cancer survivors with their fake boobs, makes me so mad! I just want to go over and tell them about all the negative connotation!

I did not say I gave them a negative connotation, I said that I believed that they HAD a negative connotation to the majority of the population (at least the limited amount of population I have come into contact with). There is absolutely no way I could have posed the observation/question in a more neutral manner.
    who cares? live and let live. Besides, no one can tell which one of you is the actual member from that pic. Are you a man or a woman?

Woman, although given how neutrally the forum was worded, I don't think it matters. And again, I was just making an observation of something that I found interesting, not rebuking people who have or want fake boobs.

They've come a long way since the old days. They still have the Barbie doll giant perky plastic non-moving ones. Just go to Newport Beach in Cali, every other woman has them. But, many women get small enhancements, you know, just to give them a lift. They are not really bigger, per se, just more perky than they were.

I think the backlash you're getting is because in your mind, you might have a narrow view of them. Maybe. And that view is not really the reality of the situation. They are used now for all sorts of reasons, one of the freaking awesomest of those reasons is breast cancer survivors.

^ this over the small enhancements. People associate a "boob job" with large overly fakeness....I too live in the Bible Belt of my southern state and see this association all the time. I catch myself thinking that at time too. But if I were to get it done, I'd honestly just go for a full B. Shopping in the juniors section for bras sucks, especially when a hot dad comes over and comments how it's hard buying bras for daughters. Ummm, yea dude, for my daughter...
  • LolitaBot
    Options
    I can understand the desire to get implants and/or lifts. I mean, I think it's important to love yourself and accept yourself, but if that's something you want because it makes you feel more confident or something, and you can afford it, are old enough to make an informed decision about surgery, and are healthy enough to have surgery, then I'm not going to judge. Honestly, if I suddenly lost soooo much weight that mine disappeared (which is unlikely), and I had the money (also unlikely), then I would definitely consider it!

I don't think there's anything wrong with it (as long as you're making an informed decision about it responsibly, and not just making rash decisions based on trying to fit the standard of beauty you think society has for women).
  • comrade_questions
    comrade_questions Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You want fake boobies? You get some fake boobies!

I myself am leaning towards getting fat graft breast augmentation later in my life, when I'm makin' big bucks.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    To each there own, but they are not for me. I have had a child, and lost weight, my boobs may not be the perkiest, but if people don't like that, they can stop staring :) I like my 'girls'
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    who cares what others do? Worry about YOU. If you don't want fake boobs, don't get fake boobs.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

But I don't judge those who get implants. In fact I've always wanted to touch some. Never have.

Pics or it didn't happen! We will settle for a sketch...
  • StepAwayFromTheCupcake
    Options
    If I could afford it, I would get them :smile:
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options

Any thoughts?

Meh, not for me (if anything I would want a reduction and/or lift) but I did find the media storm over Angelina Jolie having her replaced a bit weird. Definitely not knocking her work as an actor and a philanthropist - she deserves the applause for that.

But she is over 30, has had multiple children, has access to the very best surgeons & health care and is a Hollywood star - I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would think it was a 'brave' thing to do.

It would be a no-brainer decision.

That said, good on her for using it as a platform for increasing awareness - resulting in more clinical breast exams, mammographies and breast biopsies.

I believe there was the similar increase - the 'Kylie effect' when Ms Minogue was diagnosed and treated for breast cancer.
  • QuietBloom
    Options

Verdict?

She went for the cohesive gel silicone.
  • somerisagirlsname
    Options

Verdict?

I believe that means you won. Here is your reward: :flowerforyou:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

Any thoughts?

Meh, not for me (if anything I would want a reduction and/or lift) but I did find the media storm over Angelina Jolie having her replaced a bit weird. Definitely not knocking her work as an actor and a philanthropist - she deserves the applause for that.

But she is over 30, has had multiple children, has access to the very best surgeons & health care and is a Hollywood star - I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would think it was a 'brave' thing to do.

It would be a no-brainer decision.

That said, good on her for using it as a platform for increasing awareness - resulting in more clinical breast exams, mammographies and breast biopsies.

I believe there was the similar increase - the 'Kylie effect' when Ms Minogue was diagnosed and treated for breast cancer.

Having been through the surgery, "brave" is a word I would use, albeit loosely. It is painful, you can't move your arms for a very long time, and it's a process involving multiple surgeries. If I had known about BRAC1 before I was diagnosed, and I had the money, I might have done the same thing. But I know a lot of women who wouldn't. In fact, when going through treatment, I even met women with breast cancer who would rather die than have mastectomies.
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options

I did that before... only it was at a party and just one girl lol
  • QuietBloom
    Options

Verdict?

I believe that means you won. Here is your reward: :flowerforyou:

Oh gosh. :blushing: