what is the worst thing you have been called?

Options

Replies

• teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    A former coworker was talking bad about me and some other coworkers and called us overachievers. I'm not mad that he called me an overachiever. I'm proud that I actually do my best at work. I was upset that he actually saw something bad about being an overachiever. Needless to say, he never got promoted.
  • livesthere
    Options
    When I was in middle school I was trying on some shorts for gym and asked my dad how they looked. He said with a disgusted look on his face, "I think you need to lose some weight." He was always mean to me and called me names, but I will never forget that one comment. I was going through puberty and my height hadn't caught up with my weight yet. :cry:
  • MoonDancer63
    Options
    Druggy and that was months after i quit drugs. Obviously it hurt me but oh well! I am winning coz i am almost 2 years clean now so hooray me!

WOO HOO! Great job
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I overheard my sister's husband telling her that I have 'an ugly nose and no figure'....in response to her asking 'why can't I be the prettier sister?'. After he had finished slagging me off, she said 'thanks, that's made me feel much better'.

As far as they know, I never heard this conversation. Even though I know it was mostly just to make her feel better, there are plenty of ways that he could have made her feel better without making such hurtful comments about her own sister. Why not tell her how beautiful she is, instead of just saying how ugly I am? It's so messed up!

It was only because he wanted you and can't have you. You are very beautiful. Honestly.
  • staystrong_314159
    staystrong_314159 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    ****ty personality. Dumb. Stupid. Dumb-*kitten*. Fat. Sausage. Chubby. Moron. Retard. *****. To name a few.
  • MoonDancer63
    Options
    When I was about 14 I had a boy tell me I was a fox from a distance, but a dog close-up. I will never forget that. Wish I could :cry:

Similar thing here. I had a boy tell me that I didn't look that big when I was sitting down, but when I got up I was huge! UGH
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    pregnant-
  • HarvestmoonGal
    Options
    First was when i was in fourth grade, this boy said I looked like a whale and I should work out because I was ugly.
    second was in seventh grade, this boy was sitting next to me called me a ugly blob of fat, dumb fat @ss, all my "friends" laughed they thought it was the funniest thing ever. It really hurt.... To this day every time I look in the mirror I just hear all the names I've ever been called.......
  • evviamarshall
    evviamarshall Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Worse thing I've ever been called was a "Nigg**". Still hurts me to this day.
  • losing4799
    Options
    1. I was going through the dirty clothes basket and dad said it looked like I was dumpster diving... He then called me a hobo for wearing one semi-clean clothing item again. But he kept saying disgustedly again and again like my future was in the gutter because I did this one thing.

2. I was dressed in work attire to go work with young children and mum comes out with... "you look like the grim reaper", giving me this really judgemental look, informing me that I "will scare the children".

tumblr_mv9auznmR21syeot2o1_500.gif
  • Loasaur
    Loasaur Posts: 125
    Options
    I have three.

Me: "Hey, Dad? I need some new pants."
    Dad: "Well maybe if you weren't so fat you wouldn't need new pants."
    Sister: "Yeah! Thunder Thighs!"

Two:

Me: "Oh hey, (insert name here), I haven't seen you in a while!"
    Her: -looks me over- "Yeah, long time no see..." -awkward pause- "Are you pregnant...?"
    Me: -turns bright red- "Oh..uh...no....I'm not..."

Three:

Sister: "Hey, so-and-so told me to tell you something the other day."
    Me: -excited- (I had a crush on this guy) "Really? What?!"
    Sister: "He said that maybe if you ran around in that sweater you wear all the time, you'd sweat a lot and not be so fat."

• pinkpumpedupkickz
    pinkpumpedupkickz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    "You DO have those big-*kitten* thick thighs" -my sister
    "Oink, oink" -step dad
    "Lazy, fat ****." (I'm a mom of three and my husband is deployed... yeah, I have time to be real lazy)
  • michelleborman50
    michelleborman50 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I remember being a size 16 in high school. My mom worked there and she told me not to eat lunch because "no one wants to see a fat person eat." Other than that....wide load, tubby, beached whale but the favorite is the comment, "you have such a pretty face, too bad your fat."
  • WhoIsAmber
    WhoIsAmber Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    When I was maybe 9-10, we were at my Aunt's house and I went into her kitchen to get a snack and coming back into the living room where everyone was, my dad told me to put out my arms... I did and asked why, he told me if I kept on eating, I wouldn't be able to fit through the door. I was a very active kid, but I was chubby... I didn't find out until after my Dad passed away that he had very obscure and unrealistic standards of what women should look like.

Now-a-days, I make daily video-blogs on Youtube, I've heard almost every "fat person" insult there is in my video comments.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Late for dinner :(

beat me too it.
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Even though I've lost 15 lbs since I moved into my new house, my mother still calls me pregnant. :/ She's been calling me pregnant for 3 years now. I'm pretty sure the damn baby would have been born by now!
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    The days will come when you don't have the strength
    When all you hear is you're not worth anything
    Wondering if you ever could be loved
    And if they truly saw your heart they'd see too much

You're beautiful
    You're beautiful
    You are made so much more than all of this
    You're beautiful
    You're beautiful
    You are treasured, you are sacred, you are His
    You're beautiful

And praying that you have the heart to find
    Cause you are more than what is hurting you tonight
    For all the lies you've held inside so long
    And they are nothing in the shadow of the cross

You're beautiful
    You're beautiful
    You are made so much more than all of this
    You're beautiful
    You're beautiful
    You're beautiful

Before you ever took a breath
    Long before the world began
    Of all the wonders He possessed
    There was one more precious
    Of all the earth and skies above
    You're the one He madly loves
    Enough to death

You're beautiful
    You're beautiful
    In His eyes

You're beautiful
    You were meant for so much more than all of this
    You're beautiful
    You're beautiful
    You're beautiful
    You're meant for so much more than all of this
    You're beautiful
    You're beautiful

MercyMe "beautiful"
  • lcyama
    lcyama Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    it amazes me that the OP still remembers the hurt and shame from decades ago. when it comes from someone who is supposed to love you unconditionally, the wound is so much deeper.

my sister, whom i worshipped, was always calling me ugly and stupid. i was in college before i felt like i was the least bit attractive or intelligent, much less loveable.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    You know, I actually don't remember the worst thing I've been called. I usually let insults roll right off my back.. That could be part of why I let myself go so far without doing anything about it. Perhaps subconsciously I paid attention, but I can't think of anything right off the top of my head.
  • hellakitties
    hellakitties Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school (I'm not sure how much I weighed since I avoided scales), my dad pulled a one-man intervention: "You know what? You're really fat. You are SO fat."

The words themselves weren't especially cruel, but what got to me was that he seemed to think I needed to hear this very simple fact as if it were some sort of revelation. I mean, I was a 16-year-old girl who watched TV and movies, who read magazines. Almost all of my friends were appropriately svelte. Did he really believe that this was news to me? That at this self-conscious period of my adolescent development, I had just somehow failed to notice that I was fat?

After that, he acted like nothing had happened. I guess my mom had told him how mean he was and he felt bad. What would have been great is if he apologized and maybe offered his support if I wanted to improve my health. Instead, just nothing. I guess that in his mind, maybe he was trying to help. I can kind of appreciate that as an adult, but at the time, it hurt like crazy.

Basically, people need to be thoughtful and understanding when approaching this subject with those they care about if they really want to help.