what's with all the hate?

Options

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I don't see much hate, just a lot of people who get easily butthurt.

THIS
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    oh look another thread about this....

I wonder how many we can come up with today

oh....there ya go...a bit of sarcasm
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Well, at least this one is still alive...
  • nomas616
    nomas616 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just opened up a forum and got a lot of mean replies and people having an off topic argument about aspartame. I don't understand how/why people take the time to discourage others. If you have nothing good to say, then say nothing.

Also, I heard from another forum that there's an ignore function on MFP, looking for that rm.
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • Beanogirl
    Beanogirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I just ignore the mean posts & search for info that may help me. It has worked for me but I do keep away from threads that don't interest me. Stick with if it's helping you, but don't feed the trolls! You will find them every where on the internet.
  • TossaBeanBag
    Options
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    nomas616 wrote: »
    I just opened up a forum and got a lot of mean replies and people having an off topic argument about aspartame. I don't understand how/why people take the time to discourage others. If you have nothing good to say, then say nothing.

Also, I heard from another forum that there's an ignore function on MFP, looking for that rm.

I think the ignore feature was lost with the upgrade and will be coming back.

Why the year old thread. Isn't there a more recent mean people one?
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    nomas616 wrote: »

I think the ignore feature was lost with the upgrade and will be coming back.

Why the year old thread. Isn't there a more recent mean people one?

She could just add it all to her alcohol thread. Play the famous bingo game in there.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    In my rather short experience here, most people on this site don't want anyone to disagree with them about anything or question anything they say. There is very little debate or discussion here. It's usually "agree with me". (period)

Even those that seem to relish being called mean, and claim only to be offering "tough love" get very defensive and accusatory if you question anything they say or offer a different opinion.
  • Evelyn_IRV
    Evelyn_IRV Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    slimbettie wrote: »
    Hangry :tongue:
    ^^this^^
  • TossaBeanBag
    Options
    In my rather short experience here, most people on this site don't want anyone to disagree with them about anything or question anything they say. There is very little debate or discussion here. It's usually "agree with me". (period)

Even those that seem to relish being called mean, and claim only to be offering "tough love" get very defensive and accusatory if you question anything they say or offer a different opinion.

I disagree completely. Everyone here is so open-minded, so I can't even understand where you are coming from or why you would say such a thing.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    jbach2 wrote: »

I disagree completely. Everyone here is so open-minded, so I can't even understand where you are coming from or why you would say such a thing.

How DARE you!!??!! :p
  • TossaBeanBag
    Options
    jbach2 wrote: »

How DARE you!!??!! :p

Gosh, I think I am in love.
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Lol wow just realized this is a year old...
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this thread is a year old. The mean people threads are usually nuked within 24 hours.
  • TossaBeanBag
    Options
    I can't believe this thread is a year old. The mean people threads are usually nuked within 24 hours.

Nuke is kinda a mean thing to do.
  • whitehorse67
    whitehorse67 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Stupid mean people exist everywhere. The reason I live such a stress free life is that I don't pay attention to them. As the old saying goes, "You can't fix stupid." Well, you can't make a mean person nice either. Just will not happen. So I ignore them and live my life in the opposite way.

I will say however, that the only people that do get under my skin are those who complain about something, don't do their part to change the situation and continue to complain. But again, it's not worth my time to engage those people.

It's amazing how great life can be when you ignore those who try to break you down.
  • TossaBeanBag
    Options
    Stupid mean people exist everywhere. The reason I live such a stress free life is that I don't pay attention to them. As the old saying goes, "You can't fix stupid." Well, you can't make a mean person nice either. Just will not happen. So I ignore them and live my life in the opposite way.

I will say however, that the only people that do get under my skin are those who complain about something, don't do their part to change the situation and continue to complain. But again, it's not worth my time to engage those people.

It's amazing how great life can be when you ignore those who try to break you down.

Ironically, you are not complaining about anything here, are you?