7 Day Fruit and Vegetables only!!!

Options

Replies

• sexybrownmomma
    sexybrownmomma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i truly think fruits and veggies for a week is a great idea.. maybe i'll try it! :happy:
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    I will plan on portion control, and leave the goodies and sweets alone.........uh except for at least 1 piece of pumpkin pie with sugar free topping!
  • A_Healthier_Me2013
    A_Healthier_Me2013 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    if you are worried about thanksgiving day, just workout a little bit longer, eat smaller portions and work out again the next day. problem solved :) that's what i would do.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    if you are worried about thanksgiving day, just workout a little bit longer, eat smaller portions and work out again the next day. problem solved :) that's what i would do.

I plan to eat 2k-3k calories over my usual 2700 that day. I don't think "workout a little bit longer" (say, 300 calories) and "work out again the next day" (say, 800 calories at most) is going to compensate for that. I think I'll just stick to my usual workout schedule and realize that I *may* gain almost a pound because of it.

And for those on a deficit, realize that a day of EAT ALL TEH FOODZ!!1!!eleven!!1 may not result in any weight gain at all, but instead, just a pound less of loss for that week.

ETA: Actually, I just remembered that I'm running in a 5k Thanksgiving day morning, so I'll actually be burning *fewer* calories that day than a normal run/workout.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    ok, but you dont NEED 100 g of protein. i eat around 75-85g a day. but i work out 6 days a week so i think its necessary
    30 grams only?

I'd die.

No way.

I eat close to 100 on a regular basis and I'm not even trying.
    Did I say anything about having to consume 100g of protein? No. I am talking about "great sources of protein"

lol ok and there are PLENTY of great plant based proteins so. relax.
    no

yes. and this is completely off topic. shes not talking about her protein or fat goals. shes was looking for people who have done similar detoxes or whatever she wants to do, i can't even remember because ive been reading too many ignorant posts from people like you.
    attacking other users is a great way to be respected in the community.

kudos to you.
  • BlondeFeathers
    Options
    I've only been using this AP for a few days now but I agree. Thanksgiving and other holidays happen every year. I'll probably over do it. Hopefully just for that one day. We made plans to have dinner elsewhere and that mean no leftovers at my house. Especially those deserts. lol
  • gamerkiwi
    gamerkiwi Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You're going to get diabeetus and diarrhea. Not sure which is worse.
  • raiseyourgame
    Options
    I only ate fruits and vegetables for 7 days and lost 5 pounds, and I've never felt better. My skin DID clear up and not to be gross it really cleaned me out. I don't crave fast food anymore, unless I let myself get really hungry which is hardly never now that I always remember to have a smoothie (spinach, banana, strawberries, plant protein) or carry fruits and nuts with me as a snack. I am not vegetarian FYI.

I've tried a high protein and low carb diet and I lost weight but it was extremely difficult for me - the bottom line here is that all I've done is eat more fruits and vegetables (ever heard that one before? lol) and the pounds just came off.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I can't understand how this thread, which started out as a "how do I save Thanksgiving" thread got turned into a vegan protein thread.
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    ok, but you dont NEED 100 g of protein. i eat around 75-85g a day. but i work out 6 days a week so i think its necessary
    30 grams only?

I'd die.

No way.

Did I say anything about having to consume 100g of protein? No. I am talking about "great sources of protein"

no

yes. and this is completely off topic. shes not talking about her protein or fat goals. shes was looking for people who have done similar detoxes or whatever she wants to do, i can't even remember because ive been reading too many ignorant posts from people like you.
    attacking other users is a great way to be respected in the community.

kudos to you.

not a concern to me.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    One day is never a huge setback.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I can't understand how this thread, which started out as a "how do I save Thanksgiving" thread got turned into a vegan protein thread.

The hijackers are out early today. Or late yesterday.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    :noway:

Imma go nom on my steak...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

The hijackers are out early today. Or late yesterday.

It was with the first reply, which suggested that eating only fruits and vegetables meant you would be deficient in fat and protein.
  • Asin99
    Options
    I'm actually trying a week of only vegan meals, and it is going well so far (only day two, but still). It has been much easier than I thought it would be. I have more energy and don't feel as bloated as I normally do, which is a great feeling! It would be impossible to stay vegan on Thanksgiving though, everything has either egg or dairy in it, except cranberry sauce. Haha.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Yah no...you need protien and fats in your diet.

I know the Thanksgiving in the States is huge but why not just eat the food in moderation????

^^^If it were that easy, we wouldn't have a country that is more than 50% overweight and more than a third obese.

It actually IS that easy. It's about moderation NOT deprivation however this society is built on the bigger the better. More for less. Faster and fatter. We do not teach ourselves portion control, since we aren't teaching ourselves this, we aren't teaching our kids this. We have come to rely on companies and restaurants to tell us how much we should eat. The portions they serve though are way out of line with what people should eat.

But it really IS that simple. It really is about moderation. We just think it HAS to be harder. I've lost all my weight eating what I want and practicing moderation not deprivation.

I'm going against the grain. I'm purposely going to NOT get the biggest turkey I can find. I'm going to get two smaller ones instead. One fried one roasted.

TAKE THAT, OBESITY EPIDEMIC!!!

Can i come to your house for Thanksgiving?

I'm usually drunk by 10:00 AM so if you show up after that I probably won't notice/mind.

Sounds like my kind of holiday! :drinker: :drinker:
  • monajkm21
    monajkm21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    30 grams only?

I'd die.

No way.

no

OMG! Thank you! I am feeling slighted by the foolishness on this thread. I just wanted to know if anyone else has done something similar and what the results were. Real pointers and things I maybe should or should not do. Thankfully, I have been doing this for some time. If I were new to this weight loss/ fit lifestyle, I'd be truly discouraged. People are ridiculous. Thank you for a sensible response.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Yah no...you need protien and fats in your diet.

I know the Thanksgiving in the States is huge but why not just eat the food in moderation????

Yes, this!!! Protein and fats are mega important! I set my macros to 40C/30P30F and get between 140-175 grams of protein a day, but I'm eating at maintainence level. And you can't absorb all of the nutrients in your veggies without adding fat anyway, so why shortchange yourself when butter tastes good? (SOURCE: http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/news/20040727/fat-helps-vegetables-go-down - Brown, M. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, August 2004; vol 80: pp 396-403. News release, Iowa State University.)
This discussion has been closed.