7 Day Fruit and Vegetables only!!!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Im bypassing all 7 pages.

Don't be a pig and instead of gorging yourself one day you can eat in moderation and have lots of leftovers. There is a lovely invention called a freezer so you do not have to worry about food expiring.
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    ok, but you dont NEED 100 g of protein. i eat around 75-85g a day. but i work out 6 days a week so i think its necessary
    30 grams only?

I'd die.

No way.

I eat close to 100 on a regular basis and I'm not even trying.
    Did I say anything about having to consume 100g of protein? No. I am talking about "great sources of protein"

lol ok and there are PLENTY of great plant based proteins so. relax.
    no

yes. and this is completely off topic. shes not talking about her protein or fat goals. shes was looking for people who have done similar detoxes or whatever she wants to do, i can't even remember because ive been reading too many ignorant posts from people like you.

OMG! Thank you! I am feeling slighted by the foolishness on this thread. I just wanted to know if anyone else has done something similar and what the results were. Real pointers and things I maybe should or should not do. Thankfully, I have been doing this for some time. If I were new to this weight loss/ fit lifestyle, I'd be truly discouraged. People are ridiculous. Thank you for a sensible response.

you're welcome!! would love to know what you decide to do and your results.
  • monajkm21
    monajkm21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I only ate fruits and vegetables for 7 days and lost 5 pounds, and I've never felt better. My skin DID clear up and not to be gross it really cleaned me out. I don't crave fast food anymore, unless I let myself get really hungry which is hardly never now that I always remember to have a smoothie (spinach, banana, strawberries, plant protein) or carry fruits and nuts with me as a snack. I am not vegetarian FYI.

I've tried a high protein and low carb diet and I lost weight but it was extremely difficult for me - the bottom line here is that all I've done is eat more fruits and vegetables (ever heard that one before? lol) and the pounds just came off.

Thanks hun! Surprised that you are still dong so well since ppl think that I will somehow die by doing this. Yesterday went well and I feel so much better today in terms of energy. So excited that you said your skin cleared up. That is a major concern. Did you skip caffeine also? As a treat last night I had peanut butter with some carrot sticks because I forgot about a late meeting. I needed something lol
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I only ate fruits and vegetables for 7 days and lost 5 pounds, and I've never felt better. My skin DID clear up and not to be gross it really cleaned me out. I don't crave fast food anymore, unless I let myself get really hungry which is hardly never now that I always remember to have a smoothie (spinach, banana, strawberries, plant protein) or carry fruits and nuts with me as a snack. I am not vegetarian FYI.

I've tried a high protein and low carb diet and I lost weight but it was extremely difficult for me - the bottom line here is that all I've done is eat more fruits and vegetables (ever heard that one before? lol) and the pounds just came off.

Thanks hun! Surprised that you are still dong so well since ppl think that I will somehow die by doing this. Yesterday went well and I feel so much better today in terms of energy. So excited that you said your skin cleared up. That is a major concern. Did you skip caffeine also? As a treat last night I had peanut butter with some carrot sticks because I forgot about a late meeting. I needed something lol

Caffeine comes from plants.
  • monajkm21
    Options
    Im bypassing all 7 pages.

Don't be a pig and instead of gorging yourself one day you can eat in moderation and have lots of leftovers. There is a lovely invention called a freezer so you do not have to worry about food expiring.

I don't gorge! I hate to have my stomach ache. But I like the idea of freezing some of the leftovers. Previously, I had a tablespoon of every dish of my choice so that I got to enjoy everything without having cramps later. Then I got to enjoy desserts and seconds too! I'm pretty sure I'll do the same thing this time. Except potato salad lol...planning on a full serving of that since I only have it like 2x a year.
  • nikki_tjinadjie
    Options
    People live on these diets,I think you'll be fine. But I gained fat doing the same fruits and vegetable diet cause I had to eat large volumes of fruit before I actually felt full, because they don't have fats and proteins, so be careful
  • monajkm21
    Options
    People live on these diets,I think you'll be fine. But I gained fat doing the same fruits and vegetable diet cause I had to eat large volumes of fruit before I actually felt full, because they don't have fats and proteins, so be careful

Oh right. Great point, thank you. I realized this yesterday so I am trying to stick with fruits with low or medium amounts of sugar like: blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, cantaloupe, apples etc.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I can't understand how this thread, which started out as a "how do I save Thanksgiving" thread got turned into a vegan protein thread.

Can you *really* not understand it?

Really?

I mean, seriously, *REALLY*?

:huh:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yah no...you need protien and fats in your diet.

I know the Thanksgiving in the States is huge but why not just eat the food in moderation????

Yes, this!!! Protein and fats are mega important! I set my macros to 40C/30P30F and get between 140-175 grams of protein a day, but I'm eating at maintainence level. And you can't absorb all of the nutrients in your veggies without adding fat anyway, so why shortchange yourself when butter tastes good? (SOURCE: http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/news/20040727/fat-helps-vegetables-go-down - Brown, M. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, August 2004; vol 80: pp 396-403. News release, Iowa State University.)

You can get fat and protein from fruit and vegetable sources.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I don't gorge! I hate to have my stomach ache. But I like the idea of freezing some of the leftovers. Previously, I had a tablespoon of every dish of my choice so that I got to enjoy everything without having cramps later. Then I got to enjoy desserts and seconds too! I'm pretty sure I'll do the same thing this time. Except potato salad lol...planning on a full serving of that since I only have it like 2x a year.

Like a legitmate tablespoon- or a serving spoon of each one?
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Such a delicate topic for most Americans due to Thanksgiving, lol. We all know it's going to be worse for Christmas with all the sweets that will be in our faces!

While I personally cannot go a day without some sort of protein, there are some that think, "Fruits and Veggies for a week, bring it!"

Truthfully, I find it conflicted. I absolutely hate the thought of no meat, but at the same time, admire any who want to try that path. Since everyone's different, it might work, might not. If it works, you might do it once a month or so. If not, well... you gave it your best! If I went on a meat-less week, I would have to make a huge batch of potato salad and green bean casserole to last me the week!

So, all in... you do what you want to do and ignore anyone who goes against you!
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Here is advice from the hodgetwins
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAfsP5AAiYo&hd=1
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Like a legitmate tablespoon- or a serving spoon of each one?

Probably the latter. It's a spoon...that's on the table...hence, tablespoon.

Duh.

(And another good example of why a food scale is so useful in better tracking.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting.This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.