Motivation or "hate speech"?

Replies

• I now find anyone who doesn't look after themselves exceptionally unattractive, especially when they think it's normal to be fat. I think it's disgusting people posting pictures saying this is what normal people look like, no it isn't, it's what unhealthy people look like. (extremely controversial post)

I agree with you. The normal human body is not covered in way extra fluffy fat.

Oh yay, NORMAL, let's do normal. There is a thing called bell shaped curve. Inside it resides all the normal.

That bell shaped curve still won't include a body covered in extra fluffy fat.

Hmm, I think that you are confusing "my ideal" with "normal".

At my current weight, I may not be your ideal, but I'm pretty normal. Boring even. Really super normal and not terribly exciting.

Yeah. The word normal is kind of problematic.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    This is fluffy................and it is not normal body type. She is clearly overweight.

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    apply

$(KGrHqJHJDYFCC5idK9JBQrdSG!)Bg~~_32-250x250-0-0.JPG

to

Perfect_Lawn.jpg
  • This is fluffy................and it is not normal body type. She is clearly overweight.

I think maybe you're equating normal with health?

'Normal' for me, is more like the 'average' or 'standard'. I'd say being fat is normal probably because so many people are fat.
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    For the love of humanity ... now "fat" is a protected class?

This is the sort of thing that makes me want to go all Ruby Ridge and say "**** society. I'll just go hide out in the woods until the world ends."

fat as a protected class..hahahahha.. don't give anyone any ideas hahahah
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    I now find anyone who doesn't look after themselves exceptionally unattractive, especially when they think it's normal to be fat. I think it's disgusting people posting pictures saying this is what normal people look like, no it isn't, it's what unhealthy people look like. (extremely controversial post)

I agree with you. The normal human body is not covered in way extra fluffy fat.

Oh yay, NORMAL, let's do normal. There is a thing called bell shaped curve. Inside it resides all the normal.

That bell shaped curve still won't include a body covered in extra fluffy fat.

Hmm, I think that you are confusing "my ideal" with "normal".

At my current weight, I may not be your ideal, but I'm pretty normal. Boring even. Really super normal and not terribly exciting.

Yeah. The word normal is kind of problematic.

Just looked at the page and it's got people that look 25 stone + saying they are sexy, I actually feel quite sick. I'm sorry but that isn't curvy. That's disgusting.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member

Ummm..... No. That's the way you choose to read it. She went from unhappy with herself to satisfied with her achievements. Anyone can do the same. Her personal goals don't have to be yours.

DavPul, I quit replying to you a while ago because you misinterpret everything I say and pretty much just state the obvious. Just put me on ignore or something.

Oh, okay, I'll get right on that.....
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

Ummm..... No. That's the way you choose to read it. She went from unhappy with herself to satisfied with her achievements. Anyone can do the same. Her personal goals don't have to be yours.

DavPul, I quit replying to you a while ago because you misinterpret everything I say and pretty much just state the obvious. Just put me on ignore or something.

Oh, okay, I'll get right on that.....

tryingnottolaugh_zps9a1576d8.gif
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member

So why are you replying to him now if you quit replying to him awhile ago? And since you're the one getting your jimmies rustled, why would he be the one to have to put you on ignore?

Logic. Failed.

ETA: Not even replying to this, it's a no win situation.

<doing-it-wrong.gif>
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    I think i would like to unsubscribe from this thread now. I am gonna go work on my squat booty.

You too can get a squat booty! What's your excuse??
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    I think i would like to unsubscribe from this thread now. I am gonna go work on my squat booty.

You too can get a squat booty! What's your excuse??

dduckrage.gif
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    This is fluffy................and it is not normal body type. She is clearly overweight.

She's overweight and yet she's also absolutely normal and beautiful.
    Normal distribution requires highs and lows. One does not have to be within some ideal limits.
    It's a personal choice - I chose not to be overweight but she doesn't have extra arms or legs.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    For the love of humanity ... now "fat" is a protected class?

This is the sort of thing that makes me want to go all Ruby Ridge and say "**** society. I'll just go hide out in the woods until the world ends."

fat as a protected class..hahahahha.. don't give anyone any ideas hahahah

Unfortunately it is already happening............I had to go to Urgent Care for strep throat and the Dr told me I should talk to my family physician about getting on disability for my obesity.

Absolutely disgusting.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe

Normal distribution requires highs and lows. One does not have to be within some ideal limits.
    It's a personal choice - I chose not to be overweight but she doesn't have extra arms or legs.

I am shaped the same way and its disgusting. She is still in the obese category...........not merely overweight. Yes, she has a pretty face.

I also get told that all the time...........you have a pretty face, but if you would lose some weight you would be stunningly beautiful.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    i dont have to agree OR disagree. Anyone ever hear of The First Amendment of the United States Constitution? It protects the right to freedom of expression.

LET IT BE!

If this had anything to do with the government dictating what she said, I'd agree with you. Since the government has nothing to do with this case, the application of the first amendment wouldn't even begin to apply here.

*personal pet peeve: crying first amendment when the government is no where in sight
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    i dont have to agree OR disagree. Anyone ever hear of The First Amendment of the United States Constitution? It protects the right to freedom of expression.

LET IT BE!

If this had anything to do with the government dictating what she said, I'd agree with you. Since the government has nothing to do with this case, the application of the first amendment wouldn't even begin to apply here.

*personal pet peeve: crying first amendment when the government is no where in sight

When you're 12, mom, dad and the government are all just meanies
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

LET IT BE!

When you're 12, mom, dad and the government are all just meanies

tumblr_lxoccgpPPG1qdszmto1_400.gif
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member

I am shaped the same way and its disgusting. She is still in the obese category...........not merely overweight. Yes, she has a pretty face.

I also get told that all the time...........you have a pretty face, but if you would lose some weight you would be stunningly beautiful.

I hope you find self love. There no need to be disgusted to work on self improvements. It's likely that disgust is actually counter productive. Of course, being comfortable with obesity is also counter productive to fitness and health, in general.

:flowerforyou:
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member

I don't know that lady or whether or not she's obese.
    Even though she's overweight, she might be perfectly healthy otherwise.

I think she's attractive and she appears confident.

I find your avatar and your moniker a curious combination.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    LOL some of the arguments in this debate are unclear and therefor do not make sence, but you people provided me with entertainment. :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.