Motivation or "hate speech"?

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I now find anyone who doesn't look after themselves exceptionally unattractive, especially when they think it's normal to be fat. I think it's disgusting people posting pictures saying this is what normal people look like, no it isn't, it's what unhealthy people look like. (extremely controversial post)

I agree with you. The normal human body is not covered in way extra fluffy fat.

Oh yay, NORMAL, let's do normal. There is a thing called bell shaped curve. Inside it resides all the normal.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I have to say that the whine in this thread is going lovely with my Chardonnay

My cheese has lots of fat. And goes better with your wine.

Hum. Perhaps a little wine in exchange for your cheese, and we can both dip into the whine?
  • copselily
    Options

Ummm..... No. That's the way you choose to read it. She went from unhappy with herself to satisfied with her achievements. Anyone can do the same. Her personal goals don't have to be yours.

DavPul, I quit replying to you a while ago because you misinterpret everything I say and pretty much just state the obvious. Just put me on ignore or something.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I now find anyone who doesn't look after themselves exceptionally unattractive, especially when they think it's normal to be fat. I think it's disgusting people posting pictures saying this is what normal people look like, no it isn't, it's what unhealthy people look like. (extremely controversial post)

Then what about the abnormal human body? :huh:

I don't think I like where your viewpoint is going...

...and I'm even on the pro-Kang side of this argument.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Yeah, she posted something on her own personal facebook page that went viral, was picked up by the news agencies, and then people lined up to call her names and belittle her parenting skills.

How dare she ever post anything on facebook again!!! Hasn't she learned her lesson? Does she need to get put back in her place again? I am certain that from reading the 26 words from both of her posts we can ascertain everything that she is, along with all the animus in her soul. She's a black hearted villian with no redeeming value. Let's line up to check her again.

Because everyone that posts on Facebook is an attention seeking *kitten*, right?

If she was a woman who let's say went from 210 pounds to 170, posting a pic with her 3 kids captioned with "what's your excuse", I have a feeling that the public's reaction wouldn't have been anything like this.

No, you're right, because at 170lb she may still be considered 'fat' and people wouldn't think she was body shaming, because they wouldn't aspire to be fat anyway.

Wait! So her "what's your excuse?" line is only body shaming because of the way she looks?

"Hey. you too can go from overweight to normal weight!" - Body shaming, burn the witch!
    "Hey, you too can go from overweight to less overweight!" - Yay, motivation.

"Whats your excuse?" is body shaming because it assumes that if you don't look like her, you must WANT to and are therefore not trying hard enough.

However, if she just went from being very fat to just being marginally fat, I doubt people would have the same reaction, because having a fat body isn't something that people aspire to.

ETA: That doesn't make one better than the other. I think "Whats your excuse?" is a pretty crappy thing to say no matter what you starting and finishing point is. :smile: Not everyone gives a $$$ about losing weight.

The woman still has body fat............NORMAL body fat %. This is what a NORMAL body looks like.
  • BeachIron
    Options

Ummm..... No. That's the way you choose to read it. She went from unhappy with herself to satisfied with her achievements. Anyone can do the same. Her personal goals don't have to be yours.

DavPul, I quit replying to you a while ago because you misinterpret everything I say and pretty much just state the obvious. Just put me on ignore or something.

^ pouts
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

DavPul, I quit replying to you a while ago because you have irrefutable rebuttals for everything I say and pretty much just state really good points. I find you hard to ignore or something.

FIFY
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

Oh yay, NORMAL, let's do normal. There is a thing called bell shaped curve. Inside it resides all the normal.

That bell shaped curve still won't include a body covered in extra fluffy fat.
  • copselily
    Options

very_fluffy_bunny1.jpg

What is fluffy fat
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

Then what about the abnormal human body? :huh:

I don't think I like where your viewpoint is going...

...and I'm even on the pro-Kang side of this argument.

The abnormal human body would be covered in fluffiness that is not normal.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

very_fluffy_bunny1.jpg

What is fluffy fat

Fluffy fat is what I currently look like and its disgusting
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Hate speech? I think that some people are just angered at one of their most sacred excuses being rendered invalid.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Wut?

tumblr_static_its_so_fluffy.gif

A normal distribution includes quite the spread. Including extra fluffy spread.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

So why are you replying to him now if you quit replying to him awhile ago? And since you're the one getting your jimmies rustled, why would he be the one to have to put you on ignore?

Logic. Failed.
  • copselily
    Options

So why are you replying to him now if you quit replying to him awhile ago? And since you're the one getting your jimmies rustled, why would he be the one to have to put you on ignore?

Logic. Failed.

ETA: Not even replying to this, it's a no win situation.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    0036210333306_500X500.jpg

Extra large for extra butthurt.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Hmm, I think that you are confusing "my ideal" with "normal".

At my current weight, I may not be your ideal, but I'm pretty normal. Boring even. Really super normal and not terribly exciting.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Logic. Failed.

Because I noticed he keeps replying to my posts, and this is all I really have to say. Folks don't need to waste their time replying to almost everything someone they disagree with says.

:brokenheart: I'm not getting my jimmies rustled, I'm partaking in some relatively engaging discussion on a sunday night like everyone else.

It's public forum and if someone wants to disagree with everyone, then they can - waste of time or not. And if it bothers you, then the common sense thing would be to put them on ignore, not the other way around.
  • copselily
    Options

Logic. Failed.

Because I noticed he keeps replying to my posts, and this is all I really have to say. Folks don't need to waste their time replying to almost everything someone they disagree with says.

:brokenheart: I'm not getting my jimmies rustled, I'm partaking in some relatively engaging discussion on a sunday night like everyone else.

It's public forum and if someone wants to disagree with everyone, then they can - waste of time or not. And if it bothers you, then the common sense thing would be to put them on ignore, not the other way around.

I have, thanks!
  • BeachIron
    Options

Logic. Failed.

I have, thanks!

And yet, you still don't ignore. Life is soooo difficult
This discussion has been closed.