Motivation or "hate speech"?

Options

Replies

• mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    to the op well she should have kept her mouth shut instead of being a bit of a fame **** and to the rest of you BF% weirdos it is truly terrible to see that we can only "make love with our eyes" today.... trust me its more fun with your hands try it some time you'll like it

Who are you referring to when you say "BF% weirdo's"? I am afraid that I am not familiar with that term.

people obsessed with very low (or high) body fat %

And by "obsessed" you mean "concerned enough to be healthy" . . .

nope i mean obsessed: 1.) never stop thinking about something: to occupy somebody's thoughts constantly and exclusively
    be preoccupied: 2.) to think or worry about something constantly and compulsively

So, who would that be in this thread? The 'you' of the 'you' people?

lol naw i was going with the 9 pages before me

no - you're not hangry

am not i ate a BIG lunch after my hour in the gym today :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    to the op well she should have kept her mouth shut instead of being a bit of a fame **** and to the rest of you BF% weirdos it is truly terrible to see that we can only "make love with our eyes" today.... trust me its more fun with your hands try it some time you'll like it

Who are you referring to when you say "BF% weirdo's"? I am afraid that I am not familiar with that term.

nope i mean obsessed: 1.) never stop thinking about something: to occupy somebody's thoughts constantly and exclusively
    be preoccupied: 2.) to think or worry about something constantly and compulsively

Like whom? Specifically?
  • mammamaurer
    Options
    Also, my perception is that the OP does not personally think the things she stated in the OP. She was presenting two different ways of thinking about it and was actually being a little bit sarcastic when she said the negative things about the "fit mom" (LOL).

^^^^^Bingo!!!!!!!!!! Apparently my point and sarcasm was lost.

Probably shouldn't have posted that and then left the computer for the day. I've got a lot of catching up to do!

good luck thar be trolling now arrh:flowerforyou:
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I mean, this woman clearly hates everyone who doesn't have a perfect body just like hers, right?

Where exactly did you get that opinion from?
    I was being sarcastic and presenting one side of the "argument", tongue in cheek. That's not my opinion. If you continued to read you would have read the opposite stance.
  • mammamaurer
    Options

Like whom? Specifically?

read it for your self
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I mean, this woman clearly hates everyone who doesn't have a perfect body just like hers, right?

Where exactly did you get that opinion from?
    I was being sarcastic and presenting one side of the "argument", tongue in cheek. That's not my opinion. If you continued to read you would have read the opposite stance.

Personally, I thought you were clear with the follow on sentence.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Like whom? Specifically?

read it for your self

I have...lol. And I am just not seeing it, which is why I asked you to clarify rather than throwing out vague accusations/insults. Seems like there maybe something being read into something that just is not there to me.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

Like whom? Specifically?

read it for your self

Can't. My low bodyfat obsession is keeping me from focusing on something else long enough to read 9 pages.
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    After reading the article, I would say the OP completely misrepresented the woman in question. The woman is advocating a healthy lifestyle and she's upset by a growing movement that celebrates unhealthy ones. She doesn't hate fat people, she just hates all of the excuses people make.

^^ this
    ^^^ Not this. I was being sarcastic. I don't understand how everyone completely overlooked the rest of my post and latched onto that one sentence like a pit bull. Oh, wait... I forgot what forum I posted on. Should have known better.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Like whom? Specifically?

read it for your self

Can't. My low bodyfat obsession is keeping me from focusing on something else long enough to read 9 pages.

Well, that and your silky skin!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    This is fluffy................and it is not normal body type. She is clearly overweight.

She's overweight and yet she's also absolutely normal and beautiful.
    Normal distribution requires highs and lows. One does not have to be within some ideal limits.
    It's a personal choice - I chose not to be overweight but she doesn't have extra arms or legs.

I am shaped the same way and its disgusting. She is still in the obese category...........not merely overweight. Yes, she has a pretty face.

I also get told that all the time...........you have a pretty face, but if you would lose some weight you would be stunningly beautiful.

I hope you find self love. There no need to be disgusted to work on self improvements. It's likely that disgust is actually counter productive. Of course, being comfortable with obesity is also counter productive to fitness and health, in general.

:flowerforyou:

Thank you............but I love myself enough to know I have to change and make self improvements to be healthy again. My disgust is actually my motivator..........

Different strokes for different folks and all that jazz? :flowerforyou:
  • mammamaurer
    Options

Like whom? Specifically?

read it for your self

I have...lol. And I am just not seeing it, which is why I asked you to clarify rather than throwing out vague accusations/insults. Seems like there maybe something being read into something that just is not there to me.

Clapping1-1.gif

good for you:flowerforyou:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Like whom? Specifically?

read it for your self

Clapping1-1.gif

Nice comeback....
  • mammamaurer
    Options

Like whom? Specifically?

read it for your self

Clapping1-1.gif

Nice comeback....

to what?
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Neither: self-righteousness.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Like whom? Specifically?

read it for your self

Clapping1-1.gif

Nice comeback....

to what?

lawdy...it's not obvious?
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Well, that and your silky skin!

The trick is to apply lotion with one hand while doing bicep curls with your other arm. All while using a straw to drink your protein shake.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    (Checking this thread between sets in my hour (or so) workout...that thought made me laugh.)

I will never look like a model/fitness model, but I don't think that was ever Kang's point. There is a lot of room between morbidly obese and model. There are enormous health benefits in moving from obese to not-obese, even if you don't accidentally wake up as a model one day. There are also enormous health benefits in moving from inactive not-obese to active not-obese. I still think this was her (and most people arguing in her defense's) points.

Yes, those are her exact points...............just everyone wants to be all sensitive because what she is saying applies to over 50% of the population.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    Not hate speech at all. She's trying to motivate people to be healthy, that's all. People who disagree flat out don't get it. She's never been telling women to look just like her. She just hasn't. She's telling women (really men too) to get off your ____ and make your life healthier.

If you think she's body shaming people, that says more about you than it does her.

Awesomely stated.
  • mammamaurer
    Options

Like whom? Specifically?

read it for your self

Clapping1-1.gif

Nice comeback....

to what?

lawdy...it's not obvious?

lol nope apparently im just not seeing it
This discussion has been closed.