Motivation or "hate speech"?

Options

Replies

• ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that those who find her page offensive should unfollow her, its her page, and those who are encouraged by her page should continue to follow her page.

As for some of the comments she makes on her page, she does seem to fail to realize that some people who are working even harder than she does to be healthy have issues that make it harder, whether those issues are that they started their journey so overweight that even doing everything correctly they will not reach her weight range for over two years, or whether they have hormonal issues, injuries, etc. that make it more difficult to exercise. So much attention on a specific appearance, rather than the healthy choices that led to that appearance, might be discouraging for some people who, even if they reach their ideal weight, will never look like that because of loose skin from being overweight before.

Each person's situation is unique, each person's metabolism is unique, and each person's body type is unique.

But does that mean she should have been banned from Facebook? I don't believe so... if I see a page on Facebook I don't like, I just don't follow that page. Pretty easy to do.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    to the op well she should have kept her mouth shut instead of being a bit of a fame **** and to the rest of you BF% weirdos it is truly terrible to see that we can only "make love with our eyes" today.... trust me its more fun with your hands try it some time you'll like it

Who are you referring to when you say "BF% weirdo's"? I am afraid that I am not familiar with that term.

people obsessed with very low (or high) body fat %

And by "obsessed" you mean "concerned enough to be healthy" . . .

nope i mean obsessed: 1.) never stop thinking about something: to occupy somebody's thoughts constantly and exclusively
    be preoccupied: 2.) to think or worry about something constantly and compulsively

So, who would that be in this thread? The 'you' of the 'you' people?

lol naw i was going with the 9 pages before me

Like whom? Specifically?

read it for your self

tumblr_mp8pvfF6b41s3usq8o1_250.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    to the op well she should have kept her mouth shut instead of being a bit of a fame **** and to the rest of you BF% weirdos it is truly terrible to see that we can only "make love with our eyes" today.... trust me its more fun with your hands try it some time you'll like it

Who are you referring to when you say "BF% weirdo's"? I am afraid that I am not familiar with that term.

nope i mean obsessed: 1.) never stop thinking about something: to occupy somebody's thoughts constantly and exclusively
    be preoccupied: 2.) to think or worry about something constantly and compulsively

Like whom? Specifically?

read it for your self

I have...lol. And I am just not seeing it, which is why I asked you to clarify rather than throwing out vague accusations/insults. Seems like there maybe something being read into something that just is not there to me.

Clapping1-1.gif

good for you:flowerforyou:

Nice comeback....

to what?

lawdy...it's not obvious?

lol nope apparently im just not seeing it

Nice comeback means...good reply...got it now? OK...now why don't you explain your comments in more clarity.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Like whom? Specifically?

read it for your self

It's short bus day in the MFP forums.
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

tumblr_lvaz17lpzz1qhs8sxo1_500.gif
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I think most people aren't actually responding to the OP (or even to responses to the OP). They're responding to a chain that started with a since-deleted post that came right afterward the OP that - basically - called the fit mom in question (paraphrasing) "a heartless ***** who is too vain to spend time with her kids".

Thanks. Gotta love the lack of context when that happens =)

Confession: I didn't even make it to the end of page one before I jumped in.

Forgiven :wink:
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Really?? THIS again? I think Hawt Mom ROCKS in her fit body. :flowerforyou: And I think she's able to keep up chasing her young kiddos around

I wish I could shake her hand....oooh....maybe better rethink.....:ohwell: the grip would break me :noway:

And her hubby...well...that goes without saying what HE thinks. :love:
  • mammamaurer
    Options

Like whom? Specifically?

read it for your self

I have...lol. And I am just not seeing it, which is why I asked you to clarify rather than throwing out vague accusations/insults. Seems like there maybe something being read into something that just is not there to me.

Clapping1-1.gif

Nice comeback....

to what?

Nice comeback means...good reply...got it now? OK...now why don't you explain your comments in more clarity.

jeeze where was i cryptic?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    This is fluffy................and it is not normal body type. She is clearly overweight.

She's overweight and yet she's also absolutely normal and beautiful.
    Normal distribution requires highs and lows. One does not have to be within some ideal limits.
    It's a personal choice - I chose not to be overweight but she doesn't have extra arms or legs.

I am shaped the same way and its disgusting. She is still in the obese category...........not merely overweight. Yes, she has a pretty face.

I also get told that all the time...........you have a pretty face, but if you would lose some weight you would be stunningly beautiful.

I hope you find self love. There no need to be disgusted to work on self improvements. It's likely that disgust is actually counter productive. Of course, being comfortable with obesity is also counter productive to fitness and health, in general.

:flowerforyou:

Thank you............but I love myself enough to know I have to change and make self improvements to be healthy again. My disgust is actually my motivator..........

Different strokes for different folks and all that jazz? :flowerforyou:

What will you use for motivation when you reach your goal and have to work to maintain?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Like whom? Specifically?

read it for your self

Clapping1-1.gif

Nice comeback....

to what?

Read what I wrote...
  • mammamaurer
    Options

Like whom? Specifically?

read it for your self

Clapping1-1.gif

Nice comeback....

to what?

Read what I wrote...

i did
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I think most people aren't actually responding to the OP (or even to responses to the OP). They're responding to a chain that started with a since-deleted post that came right afterward the OP that - basically - called the fit mom in question (paraphrasing) "a heartless ***** who is too vain to spend time with her kids".

Luv U Both :flowerforyou: I'm going to have a drink now and fill my body with empty alcohol calories. Anyone care to join me? :drinker:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

i did

And yet, you failed to respond. Make accusations/insults of 'you people' but are not willing to address people specifically. Typical really.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Luv U Both :flowerforyou: I'm going to have a drink now and fill my body with empty alcohol calories. Anyone care to join me? :drinker:

It's Sunday. I've been drinking most of the day. Does it show?
  • PikaKnight
    Options

i did

And yet, you failed to respond. Make accusations/insults of 'you people' but are not willing to address people specifically. Typical really.

Seems to be the pattern
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

i did

It's a frustrating pattern in the forums here.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

i did

It's a frustrating pattern in the forums here.

Get out of my head JOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mammamaurer
    Options

:drinker: way ahead of you
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Like whom? Specifically?

read it for your self

Can't. My low bodyfat obsession is keeping me from focusing on something else long enough to read 9 pages.

My high body fat obsession is making me too lazy to read it.
  • mammamaurer
    Options

i did

i did respond i told you to read the pages your self, and i havent insulted anyone
This discussion has been closed.