June Starters (2009)

Replies

• busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    I agree. It's been SOOOO hard to stay on track. I was BAAAAD yesterday. And I didn't even care. lol I care again. :indifferent: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

WE CAN DO THIS!
  • busymom74
    I had a GREAT day yesterday. Hopefully today will be even better! I pre-weighed to see where I was and I'm only up 0.3. I'm gonna chug water like it's going out of style! :laugh:
  • busymom74
    Oh! It's pretty cold here lately so I was going to wear pants this morning but I don't have any work pants that fit!! They're all a size 8 and were snug last spring but now they're really loose! I'm only like 3 lbs down since I wore them last! (I can't beleive I yo-yo'd the whole summer...) So even though my lbs down isn't big- my inches lost obviously are! I'm wearing capris today. I'm going to try and take a couple pair of pants in. I hate having to buy pants a million times. :laugh:
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Water... I need water. Thanks for reminding me again I am sitting here and when I read that realized I have not had a glass all day. Seriously what is wrong with me?

Lucky you needing to take in the pants. So even though you yo-yo'd you obviously toned to lose those inches, good for you. I think I have done the opposite, I have not gained weight but since I stopped working out I can feel things starting to flap in the breeze a little more. I set my alarm to work out this morning but had a very stressful phone conversation before bed and did not sleep more than a couple of hours, I reset it when it went off and got an extra 45 minutes. Now I am so lethargic I think I would have been better served by the workout.

Hope you are having a great day. I can't wait until bedtime tonight. I am thinking 9pm...8 hours to go :tongue:
  • busymom74
    Hi all! (Or everyone who's left anyhow :sad: )

LW- 147
    CW- 146.4

Whoo! I'm getting there. Although this might be because I had rubber spacers put in my teeth so i can get braces. They hurt like $^&*(%^&*. I wasn't able to even finish my dinner or eat my dessert. I was WELL under the 1200 calories. I hope they stop hurting soon...
  • thirtyby40
    September 13 Goal 143 - Actual Weight 144
    September 27 Goal 141.5
    October 11 Goal 140 (this is our Canadian Thanksgiving, wish me luck)
    October 25 Goal 138.5
    November 8 Goal 137
    November 22 Goal 135.5
    December 6 Goal 134
    December 20 Goal 132.5
    January 3 Goal 131
    Goal for 2011 Maintenance.

Well I missed my first mini goal, that simply means I have to lose 2.5 in the next 2 weeks to reach my next goal. I know I wont want to see too many failures up there so I think this is a good tool for me. Oh well... still down 0.6 from my last weigh in.
  • thirtyby40
    Hi all! (Or everyone who's left anyhow :sad: )

LW- 147
    CW- 146.4

Whoo! I'm getting there. Although this might be because I had rubber spacers put in my teeth so i can get braces. They hurt like $^&*(%^&*. I wasn't able to even finish my dinner or eat my dessert. I was WELL under the 1200 calories. I hope they stop hurting soon...

Great Job!!
  • busymom74
    Thanks. I now have braces on my bottom teeth which hurt even worse than the rubber spacers. I could hardly eat Sat and Yest I was able to eat a little more but barely anything calorie wise. THEN my tummy was upset all night so the little bit I ate came right back up. My tumy is still upset but I'm at work. There is literally no one to cover for me. **sigh**

At least my loss will be epic this week huh? :huh:
  • thirtyby40
    Sounds rough. You will get used to the braces in no time. I hope your tummy feels better soon, there is no worse feeling in the world. Try and get in some protein (cheese, peanut butter on a spoon, scrambled eggs) it will help you tummy and give you a boost.

I like the positive thinking, but you may be surprised. Your body may start retaining fluid if you are not eating enough.

Get well
  • busymom74
    True. I'm feeling a bit better now. Half my lunch stayed down. I'll attempt the other half soon. So far my water intake has been crappy but what I had stayed down. I still feel queezy though. Grrrr. I just know it was the stupid soup I ate. lol

I'll def have to try the pb and eggs, the cheese was too hard to eat Sun morning but maybe today will be easier. :laugh:
  • I'm finally back! The wedding was perfect, I couldn't have asked for anything more. I posted some pictures on my profile. I'm not sure how to actually put them in the thread. I haven't had time to catch up on what's been going on around here but I will get to that as soon as I can.

I hope everyone is doing well!
  • busymom74
    HURRAY I guess we'll call you MRS. Shannah from now on!!! :bigsmile:
  • thirtyby40
    Shannah- looks like you wedding was a wonderful day. You were a gorgeous bride!! You both look so happy in the pictures. Congratulations!! :flowerforyou:
  • thirtyby40
    Busymom- I am glad you are feeling better! Soup? Really?
  • busymom74
    It had to be the soup. I am forever scared of soup!! :laugh:

Only 14 weeks until Christmas!! I had reset my goal to be at my GW by Christmas but then I realised if I lose .5 lbs a week for 14 weeks thats only 7 lbs. :laugh: Ah- well, I'll get there eventually!!

Going to the gym for a kickboxing class after work!! WHOO! :bigsmile:
  • thirtyby40
    Hope you enjoyed the kickboxing class. About 5 years ago I did kickboxing 3-4 times a week...I have never been in such fantastic shape.
  • busymom74
    I'm such a chicken! We got to the gym late and then El was all good in the daycare until she realized we were leaving. It was heartbreaking. A little voice in my head kept telling me how sellfish I am for making her that miserable just so I could workout. We got her calmed down and when we left she was still crying but not screaming. I was way to nervous about kickboxing to walk in front of the whole class so I skipped it and we played racketball instead. It was actually more like hit the ball as hard as we can and work up a sweat but it was fun and in no time at all we had spent an hour there. We went to get El and she refused to leave. lol Flat out REFUSED. I feel so much better about it. lol The first thing she said when we asked what she did is: "I played with BOYS!" She said she made a friend "Stephanie" (I'm pretty sure. That's what it sounds like when she says my name. lol) but that she had to go bye bye. It was really cool! I LOVE that gym! The next kickboxing class is tomorrow but I have an ortho app. :grumble:

So I pre-weighed this morning. I'm down 3.1 lbs! It's prob just the result of not being able to eat so I'm not going to log it until Friday. It would be pretty awesome though if it was legit. I decided to pick up some shakes or something to use as a fill in for calories when I can't chew and such. I want to make sure my body is getting enough.

When I got to work today I found out my hard drive is FRIED. Awesome. I've got a guy coming out to look at it but I doubt theres anything he can do. EVERYTHING I do is on that computer. I'll have to re-create it ALL. I can't beleive I didn't back it up! I KNEW it was having problems!!
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    I'm finally back! The wedding was perfect, I couldn't have asked for anything more. I posted some pictures on my profile. I'm not sure how to actually put them in the thread. I haven't had time to catch up on what's been going on around here but I will get to that as soon as I can.

I hope everyone is doing well!

The pictures are beautiful Shannah. Congratulation to you and the hubby !! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    I'm such a chicken! We got to the gym late and then El was all good in the daycare until she realized we were leaving. It was heartbreaking. A little voice in my head kept telling me how sellfish I am for making her that miserable just so I could workout. We got her calmed down and when we left she was still crying but not screaming. I was way to nervous about kickboxing to walk in front of the whole class so I skipped it and we played racketball instead. It was actually more like hit the ball as hard as we can and work up a sweat but it was fun and in no time at all we had spent an hour there. We went to get El and she refused to leave. lol Flat out REFUSED. I feel so much better about it. lol The first thing she said when we asked what she did is: "I played with BOYS!" She said she made a friend "Stephanie" (I'm pretty sure. That's what it sounds like when she says my name. lol) but that she had to go bye bye. It was really cool! I LOVE that gym! The next kickboxing class is tomorrow but I have an ortho app. :grumble:

So I pre-weighed this morning. I'm down 3.1 lbs! It's prob just the result of not being able to eat so I'm not going to log it until Friday. It would be pretty awesome though if it was legit. I decided to pick up some shakes or something to use as a fill in for calories when I can't chew and such. I want to make sure my body is getting enough.

When I got to work today I found out my hard drive is FRIED. Awesome. I've got a guy coming out to look at it but I doubt theres anything he can do. EVERYTHING I do is on that computer. I'll have to re-create it ALL. I can't beleive I didn't back it up! I KNEW it was having problems!!

That's too cute about El refusing to leave ... :laugh: ... That's what happened with my eldest and her first day of school ... freaked out going in then didn't want to leave when I went to get her. Remember that when the time comes.
  • busymom74
    lol Magg's That's one of the biggest reasons we took on another membership. We want her to get socialization but REALLY don't want to pay for daycare. This way- she gets soc. and we get more time to work out AND it's cheaper than a gym membership OR a daycare. lol
  • busymom74
    LW- 146.4
    CW- 142

That kinda has me worried. I'm doing everything I can to fill in calories though. I drank a whole glass of milk yesterday to get me up there. Next week I hope I can get enough calories everyday!

I now have the expander in. It's pretty bad because it's plastic on my teeth so I can't chew ANYTHING! For real! It doesn't hurt bad enough that I'm not hungry so that makes it worse. lol At least with the spacers and braces it hurt so bad I wasn't hungry. :laugh:

It's all going to be worth it!!!!!!!!!!

We're trying to work with the old gym to drop our membership. I just don't see a need for it. So far they are working with us. We'll know for sure today if they're going to fine us. :bigsmile:
  • thirtyby40
    So braces, maybe I should get some!:laugh: Holy smokes, that is a lot of weight. Try eat what you can, you will just have to be very aware of that fact you may put some back on so you are not disappointed later. But for now Woofreakinwhooo for you!!!
  • busymom74
    :laugh: Thanks Momto! It's hard because a part of me wants to celebrate but another part feels like I cheated. lol From now on I'll be drinking fruit smoothies to fill in the calories. (Even though it's hard to swallow!!)

I got a call from the old gym- I'm so excited. They put our account on freeze and if in 3 months we don't change our minds they're going to cancel our accounts- no charge! I'm excited! :bigsmile:
  • thirtyby40
    I am glad everything worked out with the gym the way you wanted!!
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    I'm 146 woohoo! Only 11 pounds to my short-term goal! :bigsmile:
  • thirtyby40
    Congrats yollie
  • busymom74
    Awesome Yolie!! I KNOW you can do it! You're so close now!!

Well, My bf is taking night classes for a while. I'm a little worried but I know I can handle it. lol I have to go from seeing him all day everyday (as we work together) to only seeing him at work every once in a while. I'll be hitting the gym more to fill in time and keep El busy though so that's good... I'm interseted to see how El "tests" me. I know she will. :laugh: Right now we have an iron "mommy/daddy" system. With Al being gone I KNOW she'll try to test my will. Let's hope I can be strong as I've also decided to weene her off of sippies at night. (A terrible habit we were stupid to ever even start.) Wish me luck!!

I found something I can eat and I even enjoy it! lol Spaghetti o's. Not the best but better than the nothing I've been eating. lol

Hope you're all having a good start to the week!
  • thirtyby40
    Glad you found something you can eat. :wink:

I had a spa day with my closest friend yesterday. I feel energized today. I have to grocery shop after dinner then after I get the kids to bed (my husband is on nights) I have to vacuum and steam the floors but I may even have enough energy to get in 30 minutes on the elliptical, wish me luck!!
  • busymom74
    I went to my very first spin class yesterday! IT. WAS. AMAZING!! SOOO awesome! VERY intense. Kicked my butt! lol I can't wait to go back Wed!
  • busymom74
    I'm so excited about Spin! I have another class tonight at 7. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.