June Starters (2009)

Replies

• busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    I WAS mortified but by the time I went to delete it I had so many encouraging posts that I had to leave it up. Now EVERYONE is asking how I did it and telling me they never thought I was big before but seeing the pictures is such a big difference. It's GREAT for my ego. :wink: :laugh:

Yea, I don't get the graph either. *sigh It's still AMAZING. lol

And yea you still weigh less! Imagine if you had given up! You'd weigh more! Keep at it!! :flowerforyou:
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Well I reported a loss to the spreadsheet. 143.2 ( down from 144.8) but I wont change my ticker until next Monday
  • thirtyby40
    Well I am sitting here eating coffee cake for breakfast thinking about how i don't want to work out tonight because I have to be up insanely early tomorrow. Obviously I will have to because of my choice in breakfast :tongue:

I had a great workout last night, but I had a hard time falling asleep last night because I was so energized. Oh I wish I had some of that energy now :laugh:
  • busymom74
    :laugh: I get that feeling!

I went to the dentist Sat and I have to wear this rediculous expander another 6-12 weeks! :explode: I'm going to be a freaking toothpick!

I took yest off to go to a few dr apps and get them out of the way and fully planned on going to spin but then my cuz had an emergency and needed someone to watch her baby. (3 months) SO I missed spin and came -- THIS -- close to having my ob take out the mirena at my app yest. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Both me and Al were on the same page- let's do it now and we'll figure it out as we go!! BUuuuut then while I was waiting for the dr I freaked. :laugh: And then she said she'd want us not to try for at least 3 months and if I'm not regular I'd have to go on meds and not try for another 3 months and it all just scared me so I didn't :ohwell: After the baby was picked up and El went down to bed I realised just how tired the day had made me. I passed out at 9. NINE. :laugh: With NO SPIN. :laugh:

Oh well- it will happen if and when we're ready.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    Ladies... I'm having the hardest time in the world getting a workout buddy.... NO ONE AROUND HERE WANTS TO DO ANYTHING!!!! It's a little discouraging... I can get a thousand gals to go out to eat, but not one to go take a walk or something...
    They all say what I do, "I'm so crazy busy"... but I can still fit in a workout... I know they can to... Sorry, had to vent a little... I do so much better with a buddy... I need the accountability, ESPECIALLY with me being so busy right now... It's soooo easy to just let it slide...
    I am getting at least a walk in, even if I don't get to the C25K... and that's just because I forgot my Mp3 player (don't laugh... I haven't upgraded yet LOL) or something...
    Anyway... so encouraged by you gals!!! Keep it up!!!!
  • busymom74
    aw- KJ- is there a local gym cheap enough that has a spin class or something? I LOVE having to meet my friends at spin lately. and the instructor always asks if oneof us is missing. I LOVE it. It keeps me accountable.
  • thirtyby40
    Well KJ it is great to see you. I hope you find a buddy soon. I know that here at more gyms there are bulletin boards you can put up ads for workout buddies. Also there are walking group starting up all over, maybe it is up to you to try and start one in your neighbourhood. You are pretty involved in your church right? Perhaps you could start up a group a couple of times week to meet and walk together. Then maybe you can find a couple of people who would be interested in walking say 5 days per week. I am sure you are not the only one looking. I hope you find an answer that will help you. Just remember we are here for you. We may not be able to be workout buddies but we will help you out if we can!! :flowerforyou:

busymom- when I had my minera out my doctor said it would be at least 3 months until i could get pregnant because my periods were non-exsistent from it. So they removed it while it was TOM and 10 months later I was a mommy for the 4th (and final time). Make sure it is what you really want. This has happened to 2 of my other friends too, one of them 2 times.
  • busymom74
    Momto- Because I had so many problems with El my dr doesn't even want me trying until I go through some tests. :laugh: We are going back to the plan we set- going to start trying next fall unless we both agree that it's a bad time. So that means getting the Mirena out in Jan to be safe to start trying. It's so much more complicated than our first. :laugh: I was told I couldn't have kids a month later we conceived. :laugh: MUCH EASIER. :laugh:

KJ- Momto has great ideas!
  • thirtyby40
    I got up early and got a workout in. I did not do it last night and had so much guilt about the way I ate and no workout that I had to get up at 5 and make sure I got it in today. I hated it, but now I feel great. It is going to be a good day.

BTW busymom- after my 3rd child I was told I probably would not have more (endometriosis) and my friend has PCOS and had 3 after being told none :)
  • busymom74
    Awesome job on getting up early!! I was going to workout during BL last night but had a bowl of cereal for dinner and drank the milk from the bowl. :sick: I was up all night paying for it. I know better than to drink that much milk all at once. :grumble: But it was SOOOOOO good!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

Since I had El I can't imagine not being able to have another but it's a mommy worry I guess. I'll get over it in time. :laugh:
  • thirtyby40
    I totally understand. I just wanted to let you remind you to stay positive. When you are ready and more importantly your body is ready it will happen for you. :smile:

I have so much more energy than I have recently. Why can't I make myself get up every day? It really does pay off, no matter how much of a struggle it seems like tot start with.
  • busymom74
    I think getting up and doing it is harder than actually doing it. You know? I missed spin Sat and Mon and I REALLY missed it. I felt so blah and tired but at the same time because I missed it- a small part of me doesn't want to go today. (I am though!!!)

I completely forgot to mention! At the dr's she looked up my highest weight and it was 201. :sick: I didn't have a scale when I started so I just went with what my wii said after we bought it. So I actually started at 201. I wasn't going to change anything but ya know what- that's 6 more lbs and damn it they count! :laugh:
  • busymom74
    Sooo I've been thinking about taking the aqua class at the gym except I'm being so stupid about it. It's only ever a bunch of old people doing it... Is it a good workout anyways? Like maybe no young-ins know how good it is?
  • thirtyby40
    Those aqua fit classes can be amazing - with the right teacher. It is usually older people only because it is easier on their joints. Here we have a variety of classes in the water some are definitely full on work outs. Ask at your gym to see which you would be interested in. We have deep water running and underwater hockey which are both supposed to be phenomenal workouts (although I have not tried either), there are several other aqua classes I have heard good things about too (one of my friends used to teach them).
  • thirtyby40
    It is my sons birthday tomorrow and our Thanksgiving this weekend. I have house full of company from tomorrow night until Monday and 3 different dinners planned. Wish me luck for weigh in Monday. It will be fascinating if I don't have a huge gain...I am prepared!!
  • busymom74
    Hmmm- Our gym only has "water aerobics"- I'll ask around though and see what it's like.

Happy Birthday to your son! Sounds like you have a BUSY weekend! Have fun!! :wink:
  • busymom74
    0.2 lbs less! Whooo. LOL It FEELS like more though since I changed my start weight. :laugh:
  • thirtyby40
    Well I can't weigh in my scale is dead. That sounds like an excuse... especially since I just got through 4 days of overindulgence... but it is not. I would like to see the damage I have caused since what I don't know will hurt me. I find when I don't weigh I continue to eat badly until I do. Don't know if that makes sense. I am expecting a 3 or 4 pound gain to be honest. I will let you know when I find out. I never weigh mid day so hopefully tomorrow morning if I find the time to run out for a battery tonight.
  • busymom74
    Aw, I hate when that happens! I'm the same way- if I don't see the damage I keep eating bad since "I ate crappy last week so...."

We put our daughter in a toddler bed last night. :sad: She did better than we did. lol We were up most of the night tossing and turning and checking on her. :cry: She's so big now. Almost 3! (in March.)
  • thirtyby40
    Yay for her staying in her own bed. I am hoping to keep my youngest in his crib as long as possible (he turned 2 last Friday). My first 2 were great when I moved them into beds, but the 3rd was a nightmare!!!! She was always up and down like a yo-yo. Now I am a little terrified to move my youngest because I like sleep :wink:

Hope you get some sleep tonight. She will be fine. Just leave your door open a crack so you can hear her if she gets up. My first 2 would not get off of their beds, they just called me and I would go get them when they got up. I thought all kids did that until my 3rd... I would wake up in the middle of the night and she would be staring at me. Creepy! :laugh:
  • busymom74
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Too funny. Last night went just as well as the first noght only I slept this time too. :laugh: The first night we gated off the hallway and our room so she couldn't get into the living room and kitchen and so the dogs couldn't go in her room. (They sleep with us.) Last night we only gated the hallway. So she could come get us if she wanted. She just called us into her room. She got up once during the night and called and when Al went in there she said she had to potty so he took her potty. I'm excited. :bigsmile: I'm a little worried about nap time since we haven't tried that yet but it should be fine. Right?? lol

Jack slept next to her bed until we went to bed and then he came and slept with us. :love: It was too cute but I couldn't get a picture because I didn't want to wake El up.

My plan was to keep her in her crib until she turned 40 but that didn't work. :laugh: The best thing about this is because her door is open and she knows we can see her she keeps her diaper on!! :love: :love: :love:
  • thirtyby40
    Way to go El. Sounds like she is a pro. Too funny about having to keep her diaper on now :laugh: None of mine have gone through that phase, I think my kids all learned from birth that I am a bit of a germ-a-phob so they did not bother :laugh: You know now that I said that my youngest is probably upstairs pulling his diaper off while he should be napping :wink: Kids have a wonderful way of proving you wrong.
  • busymom74
    :laugh: :laugh: Yes they do! lol El is the one who's always worried about "yucky" and "kaka" and "GROSS". lol So it's funny that she takes her diaper off.

I wonder how much harder the next baby will be though. :laugh: Since El is soooooo good to us, I just know the next will be opposite.... :laugh:
  • thirtyby40
    You will have a nice age difference so even if the next one is a little more rambunctious you will be able to cope well. I am always amazed by people that have kids a year and a half apart. I couldn't do it. I had my first then 5 years later the second, 8 years later the third and 2.5 years later the last. I thought I might not make it those first couple of weeks adjusting to a new baby and having a toddler, I had never had them so close. I have to give props to these moms who have kids really close together that is a character builder for sure!
  • busymom74
    I'm hoping so. lol I know a few people who were preg when their first kids were like 6 months. I couldn't imagine! :noway: :laugh:
  • busymom74
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

I met my first goal. :noway: :noway:

I'm 135.1. My first goal was 135. :noway: That was much faster than I thought! :love: I wonder what 125 will look like! :laugh: :love:
  • thirtyby40
    Congratulations!! I am so happy for you!! A little jealous too :wink: You are truly a motivator. :flowerforyou:
  • busymom74
    Than you! :laugh: I'm on my last 10 before I learn to maintain. I'm likely going to try and stay at 130- which is why I want to start maintaining at 125- this way if the scale goes up it won't be so heartbreaking. (Unless of course I like how I am at 125- who knows.)
  • busymom74
    I finally went shopping. :bigsmile: I'm officially in a juniors 7 jeans! I even found a pair of 5's for $5 so I got them just in case I get even smaller. (You never know!) I REALLY meant to grab a pair of 18's and take a pic of how much bigger they are but I totally forgot. :angry:

Hope all is well!!
  • thirtyby40
    Awesome!!

I went clothes shopping yesterday but was not very happy with anything. I was looking for sweaters because I always freeze in the winter, it is hard to find nice sweaters that you flatter your figure. I got 2 but tried on about 25 to get those ones, I will have to keep looking. One of them is way too dressy for every day so really I only got 1 practical one, I told my husband that now at least one time when he takes me out I will have the perfect outfit the first time :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.