June Starters (2009)

Replies

• thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    I used to do spin class 3 times a week, I loved it!! I can't make any of the times since i changed careers which is very disappointing. Enjoy!!
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    I'm going to do my best to make it to class 3 times a week. El loves daycare so that is a HUGE help with motivation to go. Besides the fact that I LOVE class. It's so intense! Yesterday he worked us even harder because he had to leave early and get this I burned MORE calories than the first night. In LESS time. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Did a pre-weigh today. Already 1.8 lbs down. I wanted to be 140 all summer and in 2 weeks I hit it. LOL I guess these braces are worth more than a straight smile. :laugh:
  • busymom74
    I've been looking into Insanity. I want it. Really bad. :laugh:
  • thirtyby40
    Congrats on the pre-weigh. I don't think I will hit my 141.5 goal by Monday as planned TOM is on the way and should be rearing her ugly head right around Sunday or Monday. I will do my best though.

I hear great things about insanity. I am still too much of a chicken to try the PX90, we got it last winter and have not even put it in the player yet. :laugh:
  • busymom74
    I'm terrified I won't be able to complete it but looking at the abs these people are toning up has inspired me to at least try. The biggest difference I see with Insanity and P90x is the time dedication. P90x needs about 1- 1.5 hours a day where Insanity only takes 30-45 mintues....

I'll probably end up trying both. :bigsmile: But for now between the dentist and Spin class, I just don't have an hour to devote. You should try yours! You might be amazing at it! Or it might be hard but it will be worth it!!
  • busymom74
    SO Official weigh in day:

LW- 142
    CW- 140.2

54.8 lbs lost total! :noway: :noway:

Bf is a pain in my tush. Big time. lol He mentioned the fact that we have multiple workout dvd's I haven't touched. He thinks I'm getting too worked up about Insanity and has challenged me to work out to ANY other video for 4 weeks. Same video, 4 weeks, 1 rest day a week. I argued that these ones aren't like insanity and everything. lol I even tried "it will mess up my before picture and I won't get a tshirt!" He says if I get results I don't need insanity. Damn logic. So I'm taking the challenge. I opted for 10 minute solution: Target toning. I HATE it. Really HATE it and I can't change it! I'm going to try though, just to prove him wrong!

I'm also thinking of adding Boot camp at the gym Tues and Thurs. That would make my sched- Mon- Spin, Tues- Boot camp, Wed- Spin, Thurs- Boot camp, Fri- off, Sat- Spin, Sun- off. So it's still 2 days off.
  • thirtyby40
    Congrats on the loss!!!

Sounds like a packed schedule but it sounds good too. :smile:
  • busymom74
    Went to Spin Sat. morning, Had two more teeth pulled and then took it easy the rest of the weekend. I'm ready fro Spin today but I forgot my shoes at home so now I have to stop at home... I hope I make it in time! I REALLY love it! If all goes well I'll go to kickboxing tomorrow too. I'm going to miss spin on Sat because our city throws a harvest hayday with tons of free activities for kids and free pumpkins and crafts and I can't miss that. :happy:

Hope your doing well!
  • busymom74
    I haven't been posting our weigh ins on our SS because there's just the two of us it seems. BUT, another poster started this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/118019-easy-weight-tracking-chart-losing-or-maintenance

The chart is AWESOME!! I went back and put in all my weigh ins! It's so cool!!
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    That chart looks like it would be helpful but since I don't have Excel, it doesn't work right on my spreadsheet maker :(
  • thirtyby40
    Thanks for the tip. I saw that on another post I will go check it out.

I am reporting a gain of 0.8 pounds :cry: I was supposed to be 141.5 this wk and I am 144.8 instead. there is only so much of that I can blame on TOM. I logged everything yesterday and so far today. i am working out during BL tonight for sure. I have no one to blame but myself. My husband is starting to get a little irritated with me resolving to start and then not bothering so he actually told me to get back on the wagon... means more coming from him. He upholds I don't need to lose more weight but he is tired of me being so hard on myself for my mistakes that he wants to see me get back to it.

If I am not 140 in 2 weeks then I better at least be able to say I logged and worked out, otherwise I don't deserve it. :frown:
  • thirtyby40
    SO I am super excited. I just filled in the spreadsheet. I was very disappointed with myself in some respects it has been so long since I have lost anything, but happy I have maintained so long. Anyways, what a fantastic tool!! I will weigh every week so I can keep it up on Mondays but I am leaving my goals the same bi-weekly. I had so many missing weeks of weigh ins so I just kept putting int he same weight over an over until I got to the next weigh in... is your BMI working, mine is not?
  • busymom74
    Aw Yolie! That's too bad! It's really an amazing ss.

Momto- What do you mean about the BMI. Did it show up at all or is it wrong? Mine showed up but I didn't check to see if it's accurate. . .
  • thirtyby40
    My BMI did not show up at all. I will try again.... I have no choice I forgot to save it (well actually I assumed it would give me that option on closing- turns out, not so much)
  • thirtyby40
    Well I did it again - and saved it this time. :laugh:

Turns out I do not read thoroughly and I did not put my height in inches so that is why my BMI did not work, now it is fine. :blushing:
  • busymom74
    Awesome! I'm glad you figured it out. I can't wait to weigh in now!
  • thirtyby40
    I am strangely looking forward to next Mondays weigh in too. I am a very visual person and I have always loved a good spread sheet :smile: I look forward to seeing things get moving again. I only have 14.8 pounds to lose to get to goal and apparently that is only 8% of my total weight according to the spreadsheet so that is entirely doable. I am such a geek! :tongue:
  • busymom74
    Me too! LOL I may have actually squealed when I saw everything it does. :laugh: The only thing I can't figure out is my chart. My year one chart goes from May 29- Nov. and then it just cuts off. ? Any ideas?
  • busymom74
    I put fake numbers in year 2 to see and it does the same thing. It looks like the chart is only for the first column?
  • busymom74
    PICTURE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

232308_6989.jpg232308_4202.jpg

232308_7312.jpg232308_1140.jpg

232308_5540.jpg

Don't notice the fact that my smile is off because of all this crap in my mouth. lol And it's HARD to take good pictures of yourself. :laugh: Sorry about the half flashes and poor quality.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    A - MAZ - ING!!!!!!!! Steph!!!! You look GREAT!!!!! So proud of you girl!!!!!
  • busymom74
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile: I FEEl so good about myself now! It's funny- before I'd take hours to pick out clothes that would hide my body and now I take hours to pick out clothes that will show off my body best. :laugh:
  • busymom74
    Oh yea, I weighed in at 137.1 today. lol
  • thirtyby40
    Your pictures are amazing! What a difference. Nice pre-weigh too... your success can hopefully translate into my motivation.

I am on my 3rd day of logging everything which I have not done in about a year. I have only wroked out 1 time this week but I have big plans to do it tonight, Sat and Sunday.

I went back and put in all of my weights from June '09 until now so if I was missing a weigh in week I just used the same number for however many weeks were missing otherwise it screwed up the chart. Not sure if that helps. I definitely had 52 weeks to enter for year 1 and I am up to this week for year 2.
  • thirtyby40
    Did you enter an accurate start date in the top section?
  • busymom74
    Yep I entered the right weight and all it's the graphs on the 4th sheet that aren't right for me. I had to fill in some weigh ins too. lol

Thanks! I didn't realise it was going to update on my fb too (I thought it only did exercises.) and so I'm getting an awesome response there. lol A little embarressing to admit I was as big as I was but nice that my hard work is being noticed. :laugh:

Now I don't know if I'll log my weight tomorrow because I already did today and it'll post it. :laugh: We'll see.
  • thirtyby40
    I just went back to see what 4th page you were talking about, I could not figure it out. I will try later when my daughter is not standing next to me hitting my arm saying "mommy, mommy, mommy" over and over again. :wink:
  • busymom74
    :laugh: I know the feeling- it seems like when you want to play with them and pay them attention they tell you to go away but the minute your busy all they want is your attention. :laugh:

I didn't weigh in today. I'll go back to weighing in on fri's since it updates my FB. I LOVE that it does that. After being embarressed I'm so proud!
  • thirtyby40
    I would be mortified if this was attached to my facebook. More so because i would not want anyone to know how much I weighed before. I think my husband almost choked when I finally told him.

K going to see if I can figure out the graph thing...
  • thirtyby40
    Well I did the chart. Mine does the same thing with the dates of the first year. I did not bother doing one for this year because June I was 145 and now I am 144.8 last weigh in... not much point.:ohwell:
This discussion has been closed.