Anybody still feel ugly after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• EvaStrange
    EvaStrange Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    :frown: This thread makes me cry.

OP! It would do you well to remember that not everybody has the same taste as you! :tongue:

I didn’t just lose 130 pounds. I lost any spark of hope I ever had during the process. Besides the number on the scale or the size of my jeans, nothing changed. I’m smaller, tighter but so so so much angrier. I suppose that’s what you get when you have the confirmation that your weight wasn’t the problem, it is obviously you. I just feel like whatever the amount of willpower or efforts I put in anything, I’m never good enough.
    Same here. Only I've never been obese, so it's always been me. Every compliment I get for my looks is like a punch in the guts. If my looks aren't the reason that I'm still alone at age thirty, I guess that leaves my unloveable personality. But hey, at least I look okay, right? Yeah, thanks a lot – what a comfort that is! :frown:
  • Morryarty
    Options
    No never has ever been or going to happen, Yeh BABY I got my MOJO! :wink:

PS too OP… Get that funky beard back on it was cooooool, beard are!
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    No never has ever been or going to happen, Yeh BABY I got my MOJO! :wink:

PS too OP… Get that funky beard back on it was cooooool, beard are!

Sorry, the beard is gone now. It made me look about 60!

@EvaStrange - what do you mean about not everybody having the same taste as me? Why would I want to have taste in myself? *confused*

That post about being angry - that losing the weight doesn't actually answer the most important questions - is spot on.
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Even after losing 60lbs. ( yes, I know, I have a long way to go), I still feel like a hideous monster some days.
  • 00NL
    00NL Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    No one is ugly
    i love myself

everyone gets old and looks old
    and if you have a broad structure despite a normal weight that s fine

and dont care about face and hair and skin tone you are born with them
    yes you can change your body
    so go ahead no one is stopping you---build muscle lose fat & flab and live life :)

having a healthy body is different than having a healthy mind !!
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    ...life is still a tale of brutal...

Welcome to planet earth. You must be new. Would you like a tour? :laugh:

Seriously, life sucks. Get as much out of it as you can and toss the poor self-esteem thing in the trash where it belongs. You gotta be a fighter with a fighting spirit or you'll just be a victim.
  • Morryarty
    Options
    Group hug everybody :smile:
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Every. Single. Day.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Haha I got rejected a few months ago by a girl I used to date. She was all like "I am sort of seeing someone". She had not seen me in a while and now I look taller, younger, stronger, and slimmer.

Then I creeped her Facebook and saw the new man. He's old, fat, and partially bald! Basically, he's the old me but bald.

, if you do this for others, you'll be disappointed. Happiness is not relative so if you weren't that guy who was awesome at getting laid before you lost the weight, you are probably now a skinny guy in a dry spell.

I feel you. A super cute girl was checking me out checking her out on the train yesterday, and she gave me multiple opportunities to introduce myself. I chickened out. One of these days, I will, for the first time in my life, actually say what I want to say. I'll tell a total stranger how beautiful she is and how the way she moves makes it impossible to look away. She'll probably call the cops. But at least I will say something.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    still feeling ugly after you lose weight is the quickest WAY to gain it back, speaking from experience.

loss 80+ gained back 30+ and working this whole year to get it back off and i hate it

long story short, i now appreciate where i was and can't wait to get back there.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I've just taken a photo (new main pic) and I've just burst out crying at how old and ugly I look. I hate myself and my appearance so much.
    We can tell you all day long that you are not ugly, that there is nothing wrong with your looks, that you don't look old, and that you are fine the way you are. But if you don't believe these things about yourself, you won't believe us, either. I really hope you can find a professional to talk to about this. Life is too short; please don't waste years hating on yourself. You deserve happiness.
  • Shreddingit84
    Options
    No, sorry bout that!
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I didn't realise it was possible for people not to feel ugly!
  • Jestinia
    Options
    I didn't realise it was possible for people not to feel ugly!

Well we are a rather disgusting species all things considered. Slime coming out our nose, worse things coming out of other places, bad breath, stinky pits, etc. and etc.. Really would love to complain to the designers, but it's more logical to believe the hot mess that is our species evolved randomly.
  • EvaStrange
    EvaStrange Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    @EvaStrange - what do you mean about not everybody having the same taste as me? Why would I want to have taste in myself? *confused*

I mean that just because judging by your own taste you find yourself ugly, doesn't mean you _are_ ugly, or disgusting. There is no such thing as _being_ ugly in a non-subjective way, only being unattractive to a given person. (Even thought the media and peer pressure are doing their best to make it otherwise.) You might find yourself unattractive, but I'm sure there are people out there with a different taste in men. Doesn't that thought give you a little bit of comfort? :)

As to why you would want to be "your type" – well, perhaps because then you wouldn't be as miserable as you sound now?
  • moya_rargh
    Options
    I've just taken a photo (new main pic) and I've just burst out crying at how old and ugly I look. I hate myself and my appearance so much.
    We can tell you all day long that you are not ugly, that there is nothing wrong with your looks, that you don't look old, and that you are fine the way you are. But if you don't believe these things about yourself, you won't believe us, either. I really hope you can find a professional to talk to about this. Life is too short; please don't waste years hating on yourself. You deserve happiness.

Do I deserve happiness? My life says otherwise. I may have lost weight but the opposite sex are still repulsed by me. I've lost a female friend and work colleague forever by falling for her. We were really good friends but the thought of me being attracted to her appalled her so much that she hasn't spoken to me in months and won't even engage with me professionally, either ignoring me or cutting me off in a brusque manner. It is soul destroying.

A friend of mine suggested online dating. It near enough killed my self esteem and the feedback that I received from there underlined how ugly I am and what women think of me because of it. Google 'plentyoffish km2971' That user actually told me off for not being good looking enough to message her to say hi.

I don't know. I am repulsive to women.....but at least I'm not fat anymore, I guess!
  • moya_rargh
    Options

I mean that just because judging by your own taste you find yourself ugly, doesn't mean you _are_ ugly, or disgusting. There is no such thing as _being_ ugly in a non-subjective way, only being unattractive to a given person. (Even thought the media and peer pressure are doing their best to make it otherwise.) You might find yourself unattractive, but I'm sure there are people out there with a different taste in men. Doesn't that thought give you a little bit of comfort? :)

As to why you would want to be "your type" – well, perhaps because then you wouldn't be as miserable as you sound now?

See my last post before this one, the reaction that I get proves that I am ugly.
  • Jestinia
    Options

See my last post before this one, the reaction that I get proves that I am ugly.

No it doesn't, it just shows two women aren't interested in you romantically. There are several billion more of us. Your odds are pretty good. But you need to let the ones who aren't interested in you go. Especially the one who said you aren't good looking enough to message her. What a vain snot she must be, you should be happy you didn't have to find out about her the hard way.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    It takes time for the mind to catch up with the body.
  • Anxietea13
    Options
    I've lost 15 pounds already. I've only been at this since August. I've gained so much muscle. But this haunts me all the time.
    I can read inspiration stories, or look at old pictures of the huge me, then I look at myself in the mirror and go "Why should you be proud? You're still fat."

So you're not alone. I don't think it's healthy to be like that, but it happens.