High carb vegan diet

Options
So I became a vegan like a month and a half ago and loosing weight became so easy, i could eat as much as I wanted and still loose or maintain weight. As long as you eat good vegan foods, in other words low fat high carb. That's just a tip for you guys struggling to loose weight. And i don't really understand this whole hype about that carbs and sugar make you fat. Since I went vegan I've been eating about 4000 cals a day sometimes (didn't really log it) with most of the cals coming from carbs and simple sugars from fruits, pasta and rice. And I've cut almost all sodium and fat from my diet and it's more difficult to maintain weight than it is to loose weight sometimes. If you think about, why the hell should you even calorie restrict, ther is no calorie restriction in nature and we are a part of nature. The reason why we get fat is because we eat foods that we aren't meant to eat like dead animals stuffed with fat and hormones. If you eat natural foods like fruits and vegetable gaining weight i pretty much impossible unless you've **** you metabolism up so much due to calorie restricting. It's not like it is impossible to gain weight while being a vegan, if you eat a bunch of fats you will gain weight, the fat you eat is the fat you wear. You should give it a try if you care about your body and the animals. Carbs are your friend, every cell in your body runs on glucose, if you limit your calories and carbs you will **** your metabolism up. Don't believe all the bull**** you hear about carbs being bad for you. Look at countries known for eating alot of carbs like China, they eat a lot of rice and their slim as ****. Or Kenya, what do they eat? They eat something called ugali or corn meal, which is basically just like rice or pasta. Fruits for the win. Carb the **** up!

Replies

• krista2131
    krista2131 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just became vegan 2 weeks ago. I was restricting meat before that, but was eating dairy which was the main thing not helping me lose weight. I feel more energized every day and not weighed down. After reading about how eating animals and animal products really messes with your system I changed to 90% raw and 10% cooked even though I try to stay raw all the time. My health was my main concern, but treatment of animals is one thing I was closed minded about until i did the research. Feel free to add me, I could always use motivation and advice from someone who is more experienced with veganism. Good luck with everything as well.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I've seen many a fat vegan...being a vegan doesn't cause body fat to magically disappear.

For most of us, we are fat because we eat and/or drink too much and have an inactive lifestyle...regardless of what 'diet' we eat, excess calories over calories expended will very likely cause us to be overweight.

I imagine people are happy to read of your experience but people should not be dictated to as what food groups they should or shouldn't consume.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    We're not meant to eat dead animals? So evolution is wrong is it. Just because you CHOOSE to limit your diet does not change the fact that you're an omnivore. You have evolved to consume both meat and vegetables/fruit.

Being vegan isn't some magic weight loss equation either, especially if you're consuming 4000cals/day - unless you burn more than you consume you will gain weight.
  • Veganhclf
    Veganhclf Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can still gain weight while being on a vegan diet if you eat bad vegan foods high in fat. "Excess calories will make you gain weight", not really unless your metabolism is messed up. When a wolf catches its pray he/she doesn't stop and go "wait a minute, I shouldn't eat so much I might gain weight", the wolf ****ing feasts until he can't eat anymore. Please, try gaining weight from just fruits and veggies, try it.
  • Veganhclf
    Options
    We're not meant to eat dead animals? So evolution is wrong is it. Just because you CHOOSE to limit your diet does not change the fact that you're an omnivore. You have evolved to consume both meat and vegetables/fruit.

Being vegan isn't some magic weight loss equation either, especially if you're consuming 4000cals/day - unless you burn more than you consume you will gain weight.
    Look at other meat eaters such as wolves or dogs, they have bigger stronger teeth than us, they have claws and they can digest raw meat which we can't. Yes, we can eat meat but you can also run a marathon in cycling shoes.
  • Veganhclf
    Options
    All the asterisks are distracting me
    What do you mean?
  • DR2501
    Options
    Your analogy is flawed. A predatory animal, such as a wolf, feasts when a kill is made but then they won't eat for days afterwards. I assume you don't eat 4000cals then skip a days worth of eating do you, so that it evens out at 2000cals/day?
  • Veganhclf
    Options
    I've seen many a fat vegan...being a vegan doesn't cause body fat to magically disappear.

For most of us, we are fat because we eat and/or drink too much and have an inactive lifestyle...regardless of what 'diet' we eat, excess calories over calories expended will very likely cause us to be overweight.

I imagine people are happy to read of your experience but people should not be dictated to as what food groups they should or shouldn't consume.

Excess calories from the wrong sources will turn you in to a slob. I'm not dictating I'm just trying to help you guys loose weight without going hungry and at the same time doing the animals a favor, that's all. Check this guy out, he lost half his body weight eating a high carb low fat vegan diet WITHOUT CALORIE RESTRICTING. http://www.realrawresults.com/
  • Harrisonsauntie
    Options

This.

Also how do you know your eating 4000 calories if you don't measure it?

I went Vegan, collapsed at the gym then started eating meat again and feel better for it.
  • Harrisonsauntie
    Options

Excess calories from the wrong sources will turn you in to a slob. I'm not dictating I'm just trying to help you guys loose weight without going hungry and at the same time doing the animals a favor, that's all. Check this guy out, he lost half his body weight eating a high carb low fat vegan diet WITHOUT CALORIE RESTRICTING. http://www.realrawresults.com/

Who said that they need your help though? You just assume that your diet is perfect without being able to back it up.
  • Veganhclf
    Options
    Your analogy is flawed. A predatory animal, such as a wolf, feasts when a kill is made but then they won't eat for days afterwards. I assume you don't eat 4000cals then skip a days worth of eating do you, so that it evens out at 2000cals/day?
    Listen, if you're hungry or you just want some food then go and do it, we are a part of nature and in nature there is no calorie restriction. If a wolf had access to food at all times he would eat is brains out without putting on a single pound. Look at pets for instance, a cat eats all they and sleeps all they but won't gain weight. Just try it out for 2 weeks and you'll see what I'm talking about.
  • Harrisonsauntie
    Options
    Listen, if you're hungry or you just want some food then go and do it, we are a part of nature and in nature there is no calorie restriction. If a wolf had access to food at all times he would eat is brains out without putting on a single pound. Look at pets for instance, a cat eats all they and sleeps all they but won't gain weight. Just try it out for 2 weeks and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I am confused - how does vegan = no calorie counting.

Look at the paleo diet and also LCHF. Both eat meat both encourage you not to count calories.
  • jigsaw_me
    jigsaw_me Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I hear protein is good for brain development.
  • Veganhclf
    Options

This.

Also how do you know your eating 4000 calories if you don't measure it?

I went Vegan, collapsed at the gym then started eating meat again and feel better for it.
    4000 cals give or take, sometimes more sometimes less. Feeling tired the first month or so is normal, heck I felt like I was dying the first month but that's just because it takes time for your body to make the transition. Now I feel great, more energy than ever and my stamina has also increased due to the limited amount of fat intake so my arteries and blood aren't clogged up. Plus, you might have been under eating or you didn't get enough macro nutrients.
  • itsfruitcake
    itsfruitcake Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    All the asterisks are distracting me

*giggles*
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    enhanced-buzz-4713-1358286070-8.jpg
    enhanced-buzz-3557-1358285973-2.jpg
    enhanced-buzz-8258-1358286881-8.jpg
    enhanced-buzz-3960-1358286607-13.jpg
    enhanced-buzz-17980-1358293185-1.jpg
    enhanced-buzz-32498-1358286251-2.jpg

^^^^^^^ All of this is Vegan so you are saying that people can eat as much of this stuff as they want everyday and never gain weight because it's Vegan?
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Jade - I applaude your enthusiam and choosing to go vegan, but some of your points are not accurate.

May I suggest there is a vegan group on MFP where you could try out your points and have them discussed by fellow vegans before you venture out in to the open arena of the general forum; if at all.
  • DR2501
    Options

So a wolf sees prey every 3 days so that's why it eats then? Riiiight. A lion on the savannah sees prey animals all the time, but it only hunts every 3 or 4 days because it eats enough to last it that amount of time when it makes a kill. It doesn't expend the energy required to make a kill until it needs to.

Your cat sleeps all day but its out all night climbing, running, sneaking, chasing. Dogs that don't get enough exercise get fat too.

Anyway, you're also assuming that everyone on here just wants to lose weight. What about building muscle? Lean meat is a great source of protein.

How about you try something for 2 weeks - track your calories everyday, eat 4000 per day and then come back and tell me if you've lost weight.
  • Veganhclf
    Options

I am confused - how does vegan = no calorie counting.

Look at the paleo diet and also LCHF. Both eat meat both encourage you not to count calories.

LCHF = Low carb High fat is bull****. Why cut out the primary source of energy, carbs. If you want to loose fat then why the hell would you stuff your mouth full of fat. Carbs for the win! Look at how the kenyan runners eat, they eat a very high carb diet with little fat and little protein yet they are slim as ****. Carb do not make you fat. Is it that bowl of rice that makes you fat or is it pound of lard you eat every morning for breakfast.
  • Veganhclf
    Options
    enhanced-buzz-4713-1358286070-8.jpg
    enhanced-buzz-3557-1358285973-2.jpg
    enhanced-buzz-8258-1358286881-8.jpg
    enhanced-buzz-3960-1358286607-13.jpg
    enhanced-buzz-17980-1358293185-1.jpg
    enhanced-buzz-32498-1358286251-2.jpg

^^^^^^^ All of this is Vegan so you are saying that people can eat as much of this stuff as they want everyday and never gain weight because it's Vegan?
    If you would pay attention you would see that I stated that it is not impossible to gain weight on a vegan diet, heck a vegan diet can be real unhealthy if you eat a bunch of chips and deep fried fries. I'm saying that a high carb low fat vegan diet is the way to go. To be honest, since I went vegan I haven't had the desire to eat fatty meals anymore, and if I do I get all nauseous. All these foods that you listed are high in fat. Fat makes you fat, not carbs.