Replies

• Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Agreed! Sugar is the best!
  • McMehu
    McMehu Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I started thinking about someone just eating spoonfuls of sugar and my brain made me taste cotton candy. Now I want cotton candy.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    this post reminds me that i have space in a my calorie today to eat ice cream
    Yes. Same here. Even if it's just a twix bar ice cream, I'm having ice cream today!!!

candy bars turned into ice cream bars are the best! I like the snickers ones myself. Azucar! :drinker:
  • cooky_monster
    cooky_monster Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Typical Sunday lunch here.. Might top it with some ice cream instead though.

matts-big-breakfast-waffle-and-bacon.jpg

OMG I want this so bad :love:
  • paganstar71
    paganstar71 Posts: 109 Member
    Options

I guess you didn't read what I wrote, so instead, you jumped onto the sugar-is-the-antichrist-train. Had you taken some time to consider what I said, you would have found it unnecessary to write this little ditty about the evil empire of sugar.

I did consider what you said. You count macros and you meet your goals in a way that allows you to eat sugar, because you like it. I haven't got a problem with that, I just wanted to point out that fitness is not just a measure of calories and macros.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I like all forms. I like table sugar, honey, and brown sugar. I like sugar that occurs in nature. I also like processed and refined sugar, especially the kinds that are in wine, beer, and whiskey. I also like candy and cookies. Chocolate is also a favorite. And, ice cream; my beloved Ben & Jerrys Peanut Butter Cup ice cream. Yum!

I eat all the sugar. I still hit my goals. Sugar is a carb. A carb us a macro nutrient. I track my macro nutrients, so I eat all the sugar I want, up to the limit within my macro setting for carbs, and also keeping in mind, my overall calorie goal.

But, sugar is yummy, and I love it.

There's a lot of talk right now about everyone cutting sugar to lose weight. Do what you want, BUT YOURE NUTS! Sugary yummies are so good. And, they will not stop you from reaching your goals.

Eat smart, add sugar, and enjoy your life. You only get one chance to do it right. :drinker:

Peace out!:smile:

+!

Aw darnit, I swore off posting in any more threads about sugar because they're making my eye twitch. But, this post is awesome so carry on :drinker:
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,002 Member
    Options

I guess you didn't read what I wrote, so instead, you jumped onto the sugar-is-the-antichrist-train. Had you taken some time to consider what I said, you would have found it unnecessary to write this little ditty about the evil empire of sugar.

I did consider what you said. You count macros and you meet your goals in a way that allows you to eat sugar, because you like it. I haven't got a problem with that, I just wanted to point out that fitness is not just a measure of calories and macros.

Fitness has absolutely nothing to do with calories and macros at all.
    I believe she's referring to context, dosage, overall health and the probability that most fat people need to reduce their sugar intake even in the face of this brilliant post. I eat all the sugar.:happy:
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    And your teeth love sugar too :tongue:
  • twixlepennie
    Options
    Avoiding sugar is not just a weight loss aim, that's only a small part of it.

Eating sugar (sucrose/fructose) increases visceral fat, increases blood triglycerides, makes insulin less efficient increasing the risk of diabetes and heart disease. It also changes our cholesterol transportation system (LDL) from safe pattern A to risky pattern B, again putting you at risk from heart disease. High sugar intake is also linked to pancreatic cancer, kidney disease and high blood pressure.

The only sugar (fructose) you should eat is in whole fruit and vegetables.

What if someone has excellent blood work panels, is considered very low risk for heart disease by their doctor, has normal blood pressure, has glucose numbers in the normal range, exercises regularly, has a normal bmi/weight, has no other risk factors (non-smoker etc), has a lower bf% and has no health problems. Are you still saying the in face of all the signs that point to someone being perfectly healthy, while still eating sugar, they're not in fact healthy?
  • DoctorGreenthumb
    DoctorGreenthumb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Twinkies are my favorite.
  • neanderthin
    Options

Eating sugar (sucrose/fructose) increases visceral fat, increases blood triglycerides, makes insulin less efficient increasing the risk of diabetes and heart disease. It also changes our cholesterol transportation system (LDL) from safe pattern A to risky pattern B, again putting you at risk from heart disease. High sugar intake is also linked to pancreatic cancer, kidney disease and high blood pressure.

What if someone has excellent blood work panels, is considered very low risk for heart disease by their doctor, has normal blood pressure, has glucose numbers in the normal range, exercises regularly, has a normal bmi/weight, has no other risk factors (non-smoker etc), has a lower bf% and has no health problems. Are you still saying the in face of all the signs that point to someone being perfectly healthy, while still eating sugar, they're not in fact healthy?
    What percentage of their calories was added sugar?
  • paganstar71
    paganstar71 Posts: 109 Member
    Options

Does such a person exist? How much added sugar do they eat and do their blood work panels include a test called polyacrylamide gradient gel electrophoresis?
  • twixlepennie
    Options

I'm not currently keeping a food journal, but let's just assume a decent amount :laugh: Yesterday I had a shake from steak n shake, a donut, two tsp of cinnamon sugar on top of my sweet potato and a homemade peanut butter rice krispy bar. That's off the top of my head for obvious added sugar, but I'm sure some of the other foods I ate also had some sugar in it too. My maintenance calorie range is in the 2,250-2,500 range.
  • twixlepennie
    Options

Does such a person exist? How much added sugar do they eat and do their blood work panels include a test called polyacrylamide gradient gel electrophoresis?

Yes, I'm referring to myself, but I know there's quite a few here that are similar :smile:
  • neanderthin
    Options

I'm not currently keeping a food journal, but let's just assume a decent amount :laugh: Yesterday I had a shake from steak n shake, a donut, two tsp of cinnamon sugar on top of my sweet potato and a homemade peanut butter rice krispy bar. That's off the top of my head for obvious added sugar, but I'm sure some of the other foods I ate also had some sugar in it too. My maintenance calorie range is in the 2,2500-2,500 range.
    Need a calorie count on that......i know some shakes are 2000 calories. Anyway, will you or do you consume this every day?
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Refined carbs are my favorite.

I love mini red velvet cakes with white icing.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Refined carbs are my favorite.

I love mini red velvet cakes with white icing.

Like these?

redvelvet14.jpg