I like sugar

Options

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

What if someone has excellent blood work panels, is considered very low risk for heart disease by their doctor, has normal blood pressure, has glucose numbers in the normal range, exercises regularly, has a normal bmi/weight, has no other risk factors (non-smoker etc), has a lower bf% and has no health problems. Are you still saying the in face of all the signs that point to someone being perfectly healthy, while still eating sugar, they're not in fact healthy?

Does such a person exist? How much added sugar do they eat and do their blood work panels include a test called polyacrylamide gradient gel electrophoresis?
    I exist.

divepike1_zps39a3586b.gif

Enjoy your crappy boring "no added sugar" diet. I'll continue to enjoy my sugars and the fun they fuel in good health.
    '
    I could watch that all day!
  • Bama56
    Bama56 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i think the taste for sugar is something that is easily lost, and once you loose the taste for it there is no desire to ever have it again. just a thought...
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    In the same way you wouldn't tell an alcoholic to moderate alcohol intake - it doesn't work!
    Alcohol reduces the functioning of the part of the brain which normally makes decisions in adults, and causes the person to be more impulsive.

Sugar does not.

They aren't even in the same ballpark.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I see the battle against the forces of Derp is being well handled.

proceed.
  • GW1970
    GW1970 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i have no issue with anyone who wants to eat sugar, its your body you fire away. BUT and its a big BUT . just maybe its this thats making you ill , overweight and possibly miserable having to exercise all this self control you need to stay healthy?
    Just maybe?
    established views have regularly been overturned in recent years on many many aspects of what was once safe.
    Aspestos was in the food chain up until very recently, if you chew tobbaco in America it still is. Nicotine. wow everyone smoked in the 50's. if you go back as far as the turn of the last century, then you have laudinum, cocaine and even herion in regular use and also within regular use within the food chain.(cocaine in Coke anyone?)
    So maybe just maybe Fructose should be included in this?
    please all keep on doing what makes you happy and if sugar is part of this then thats fine its your buisness.
    But let me tell you my story.
    i've been Fructose free for a week (well less then 2grams of the stuff a day, well within the limit the liver can cope with)
    i've lost 6 lb in weight in that week, without exercise (not a jot) i constantly ate over the Calorie limit i'd set myself, and even added full fat milk and butter back into my diet i even had a glass of wine. and yet i lost 6lb in weight all of it from around my stomach . two inchs to those still using the outdated imperial measurements!
    but thats not all. my appetite control has come back. i'm staying here for another week, but see the light at the end of the tunnel. i'll no longer need to log everything i eat soon.likely to start this week.
    i started exercise again today and found i had more than enough energy to finish the workout, whereas before i struggled at halfway point. i'm a fit man my best marathon time is 2 hours 55 mins.
    i no longer run due to complications with an old knee injury , which resulted with gout/ arthritic type pain, almost constantly. this has vanished! COMPLETLY!!!!i might try a run next week.
    my skin has cleared up, no more excema it would seem is another pleasant side effect as well as my gums have stopped bleeding and look hugely more healthy than they did at the start of the week, it was after all my dentist who put me unto this!
    My stomach is not bloated, my mood improved, my taste and sense of smell has improved dramtically.
    all of this after a week with out Fructose , not sugar , Fructose! i've eaten nuts, apples, bananas and a lot of high sugar content food but the point is its "WHOLE" food. how much sugar did i eat before then your asking. well not a lot (i thought).
    which leads to the whole POINT . its hidden fructose that is the problem with most people! you quiet possibly have no idea just how much sugar , or rarther refined Fructose your consuming.
    Check it and see. in the meantime. if you want to poison yourself, you go ahead, :happy: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Thank you Jerry! I would also add that honey and agave nectar are delicious sugars as well. :drinker:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    i have no issue with anyone who wants to eat sugar, its your body you fire away. BUT and its a big BUT . just maybe its this thats making you ill , overweight and possibly miserable having to exercise all this self control you need to stay healthy?
    Just maybe?
    established views have regularly been overturned in recent years on many many aspects of what was once safe.
    Aspestos was in the food chain up until very recently, if you chew tobbaco in America it still is. Nicotine. wow everyone smoked in the 50's. if you go back as far as the turn of the last century, then you have laudinum, cocaine and even herion in regular use and also within regular use within the food chain.(cocaine in Coke anyone?)
    please all keep on doing what makes you happy and if sugar is part of this then thats fine its your buisness.
    i've been Fructose free for a week (well less then 2grams of the stuff a day, well within the limit the liver can cope with)
    i've lost 6 lb in weight in that week, without exercise (not a jot) i constantly ate over the Calorie limit i'd set myself, and even added full fat milk and butter back into my diet i even had a glass of wine. and yet i lost 6lb in weight all of it from around my stomach . two inchs to those still using the outdated imperial measurements!
    but thats not all. my appetite control has come back. i'm staying here for another week, but see the light at the end of the tunnel. i'll no longer need to log everything i eat soon.likely to start this week.
    i started exercise again today and found i had more than enough energy to finish the workout, whereas before i struggled at halfway point. i'm a fit man my best marathon time is 2 hours 55 mins.
    i no longer run due to complications with an old knee injury , which resulted with gout/ arthritic type pain, almost constantly. this has vanished! COMPLETLY!!!!i might try a run next week.
    my skin has cleared up, no more excema it would seem is another pleasant side effect as well as my gums have stopped bleeding and look hugely more healthy than they did at the start of the week, it was after all my dentist who put me unto this!
    My stomach is not bloated, my mood improved, my taste and sense of smell has improved dramtically.
    all of this after a week with out Fructose , not sugar , Fructose! i've eaten nuts, apples, bananas and a lot of high sugar content food but the point is its "WHOLE" food. how much sugar did i eat before then your asking. well not a lot (i thought).
    which leads to the whole POINT . its hidden fructose that is the problem with most people! you quiet possibly have no idea just how much sugar , or rarther refined Fructose your consuming.
    Check it and see. in the meantime. if you want to poison yourself, you go ahead, :happy: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Sugar is not a toxin. So you cannot poison yourself with it.

2boepe.jpg
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    These anti-sugar crusaders sound like the low-fat 80's crowd followers.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-science-of-nutrition-is-a-carb-a-carb.html
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Just maybe?

Checks food diary

Brings up sugar tab

I'm pretty aware of how much sugar I'm taking in, actually. Answer: a good bit.
  • GW1970
    Options

do i really?
    i'm sure i just typed about the amount of Fats i've just reintroduced.
  • wheird
    Options

do i really?
    i'm sure i just typed about the amount of Fats i've just reintroduced.

You missed their point.
  • GW1970
    Options

FRUCTOSE,FRUCTOSE,FRUCTOSE,FRUCTOSE,FRUCTOSE,FRUCTOSE,FRUCTOSE,FRUCTOSE,FRUCTOSE,FRUCTOSE,

not sugar! try and keep up!
  • wheird
    Options

FRUCTOSE,FRUCTOSE,FRUCTOSE,FRUCTOSE,FRUCTOSE,FRUCTOSE,FRUCTOSE,FRUCTOSE,FRUCTOSE,FRUCTOSE,

Which is a sugar.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Which is a sugar.

Special magic unicorn sugar.
  • GW1970
    Options
    Alcohol reduces the functioning of the part of the brain which normally makes decisions in adults, and causes the person to be more impulsive.

Sugar does not.

i disagree. i run a pub , small children high on sugar are 10 times worse to police, than adults who have drunk too much! but only just!
  • GW1970
    Options

Which is a sugar.
    i do believe you might be starting to get it!:happy:
    Glucose good, Fructose bad . refined "sugar" is roughly 50-50 of both. hence the problem with refined "sugar"
  • wheird
    Options

Sugar does not.

i disagree. i run a pub , small children high on sugar are 10 times worse to police, than adults who have drunk too much! but only just!

And you see no difference between a small child's behavior versus an adult's? :huh:
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

Sugar does not.

Sugar high has been shown to be a myth - it's created by the perception and expectation of the attendant adults. Give a kid enough chocolate, however, and they will get a caffeine high.
  • wheird
    Options

Which is a sugar.
    i do believe you might be starting to get it!:happy:
    Glucose good, Fructose bad . refined "sugar" is roughly 50-50 of both. hence the problem with refined "sugar"

Oh honey...you are too precious!! I can assure you that I "get it" and you are the one that is confused. :flowerforyou:
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Dammit I got sucked into another frigging sugar thread. UNDO! UNDO!