• eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    And the Derp continues.....
    funny_derp_pictures_640_14.jpg
  • GW1970
    GW1970 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Dammit I got sucked into another frigging sugar thread. UNDO! UNDO!
    Welcome back :tongue:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Alcohol reduces the functioning of the part of the brain which normally makes decisions in adults, and causes the person to be more impulsive.

Sugar does not.

They aren't even in the same ballpark.
    i disagree. i run a pub , small children high on sugar are 10 times worse to police, than adults who have drunk too much! but only just!

Only just 10 times worse.

Wut
  • 1BrowneyedGirl
    1BrowneyedGirl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love sugar and candy and freshly baked goods and wine, so tasty. Don't want to live without it. I hate artificial sweeteners like splendid. A lot of the artificial sweeteners are very bad for you when compared to sugar they just have different health effects in other areas other than weight.
  • GW1970
    Options

Oh honey...you are too precious!! I can assure you that I "get it" and you are the one that is confused. :flowerforyou:
    good for you mate! each to their own:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • GW1970
    Options
    Alcohol reduces the functioning of the part of the brain which normally makes decisions in adults, and causes the person to be more impulsive.

Sugar does not.

i disagree. i run a pub , small children high on sugar are 10 times worse to police, than adults who have drunk too much! but only just!

Wut
    GOD a grammatical linguistic mistake! i bow to your knowledge of the language and apologise! i must be wrong about everything then?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Dammit I got sucked into another frigging sugar thread. UNDO! UNDO!

tumblr_mdniq8a90a1qh01r8o1_500.gif
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Sugar does not.

Wut
    GOD a grammatical linguistic mistake! i bow to your knowledge of the language and apologise! i must be wrong about everything then?

You being wrong has NOTHING to do with your grammatical mistakes, I promise you!
  • kickassketo
    kickassketo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you is awesome! Seriously, eat that sugar if that's what you want! It's great that you can fit it into your macros!

But I gave it up 7 months ago and I've never felt better in my life. I feel like I was allergic to the stuff. I didn't sleep well, felt like *kitten* all the time, was moody. Now, that's all gone and I feel fantastic! I thought I'd miss it, but after a few weeks, I just didn't care about it.

Anyway, to each his own. Cheers to figuring out what works for you! :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Sugar does not.

Wut

Now I'm not sure exactly what your argument is, since looking at your diary you eat cereal (which is processed), you eat canned soups so omg the horror now you have sugar and sodium.

Your can of vegetable soup had 13 g of sugar while your granny smith apple had 17??
  • TBarron784
    TBarron784 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sugar is like politics and religion. To each his own!!
  • Achrya
    Options

Sugar does not.

Wut

Yes.

Not because of your odd language mistakes though.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I love sugar too but after watching both my grandparents go on insulin shots for diabetes and then my mom being diagnosed with diabetes I was like lets just enjoy sugars every once in a while. I eat it on a special occasion. If diabetes didn't run in the family I would probably eat it more.
  • paganstar71
    paganstar71 Posts: 109 Member
    Options

Sugar does not.

Impulsiveness is only one outcome of alcohol. Not every alcoholic is impulsive either. Ever eaten a bar of chocolate on impulse? Plenty of people eat sweets and instantly regret it and feel guilty. Bulimia, anyone? Serious alcoholics will drink, then purge to allow more drinking!

Sugar and alcohol damage can cause liver damage - have you heard of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23390127
    Sugar and alcohol trigger our reward system making the habit difficult to break http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2235907/
    The removal of one addiction can lead to sourcing replacements. Alcohol -> Sugar or Heroin -> Sugar http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1360-0443.1989.tb00566.x/abstract?deniedAccessCustomisedMessage=&userIsAuthenticated=false
    Link between genetics - alcoholism and sugar craving http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/02791072.2010.10400687
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I get the whole IIFYMacros thing. And, I agree that for success you are better off not restricting any specific food.

However, can someone please explain how you balance your micro nutrients when eating such calorie dense foods?

Overall, I am trying to adhere to IIFYMacros and IIFYMicros...

Just a thought :smile:

oooiknow-1.gif
    Here is an example in a 1400 calorie diet which includes a daily ice cream treat while meeting all your goals. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/925464-fitting-it-in-giggity
    My public diary is an example of an 1800-2000 calorie diet which includes daily ice cream, often cookies, cake or a donut. I am often OVER on micronutrients, nearly always hit my macro and fiber goals. I am healthy. I do not track sugar and I have lost 127lbs in 17 months. I am also getting fit, but that's because I cycle, lift and kickbox.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    You'd think we were talking about WMDs or something.

I like sugar. I'm healthy. I've been eating sugar since I was a kid and it hasn't killed me yet. It hasn't made me weak. I'm not suffering from inflammation. My bowels are not clogged. Everything is fine. Even my insulin is perfectly healthy. My blood is red. I never get sick. Imagine that. I think I might be a unicorn.

Excuse me while I toot a rainbow.

Or skittles.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I love sugar too but after watching both my grandparents go on insulin shots for diabetes and then my mom being diagnosed with diabetes I was like lets just enjoy sugars every once in a while. I eat it on a special occasion. If diabetes didn't run in the family I would probably eat it more.

I am so sorry about your grandparents and your Mom's diagnosis. Please do a little research. Being overweight is a big cause in diabetes. Sugar can lead to obesity if you consume so much that it affects your weight. Eating sugar does not cause diabetes. It sounds like you are eating it in moderation. Good for you.
  • Achrya
    Options

Sugar does not.

Impulsiveness is only one outcome of alcohol. Not every alcoholic is impulsive either. Ever eaten a bar of chocolate on impulse? Plenty of people eat sweets and instantly regret it and feel guilty. Bulimia, anyone? Serious alcoholics will drink, then purge to allow more drinking!

Sugar and alcohol damage can cause liver damage - have you heard of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23390127
    Sugar and alcohol trigger our reward system making the habit difficult to break http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2235907/
    The removal of one addiction can lead to sourcing replacements. Alcohol -> Sugar or Heroin -> Sugar http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1360-0443.1989.tb00566.x/abstract?deniedAccessCustomisedMessage=&userIsAuthenticated=false
    Link between genetics - alcoholism and sugar craving http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/02791072.2010.10400687

The purging of bulimics is not related to sweets or a desire for more sweets and thus is not an equal comparison to the purging of alcoholics for the sake of more alcohol.

Such inflammatory statements do nothing but make you seem like you have a shakey grasp on logical connections and make people seriously doubt everything you have to say. Grasping for the most alarming straw you can reach doesn't strengthen your argument.