Group LLC - September 2010

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Im trying to find a balance im not losing on 20 net carbs so i need to add in more to see if that helps.. If not i will figure something out lol... I know my body does not do well with Sugars so im keeping that still very low.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Well you are really close to your goal, so keep in mind that those last few pounds are going to be a lot slower coming off!! Tomorrow is my monthly weigh in and I haven't lost a single pound...so I know how you feel! Those last few are tough!
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Hey there, ladies!

Sassie - I hope you get your friend "out" okay - thinking of you! And it's great that your scale dropped!

Tammie - I've been tossing around the idea of going to Phase 1 OWL - been eating some nuts lately, and still losing, so we'll see!

Savery - A stall - after all this time? I've read on the Atkins website too that when people start to get close to their goal weight, these may happen more often - keep doin what you're doing, lady - it's worked so far!

Marie - How are you feeling lately?

I know I missed some people, but no more time to read posts today! I tried to do my transcription job yesterday morning, but couldn't because I must've uninstalled something by mistake when cleaning up after my puter crash. Had to install a new sound card last night, but all is well and working fine! My puter is so fast now that it's all cleaned up, LOL!

Ok, gotta get to work - I'll be back later....
  • saverys_gal
    Vroom vroom! Glad your puter is fast again!! :smile:

And yes, in my 14 months on Atkins I seem to have maybe hit my first stall/plateau...it sucks but oh well. I'm not TOO disappointed because 1: I did lose 7lbs. last month 2: I played around a lot with my diet this month 3: I've been more active this month 4: I'm toning up a LOT So all of that right there tells me to not freak out and just keep with it and I'll eventually push past this!

For those that like cauliflower, here is my cauliflower mash recipe!! :heart: VERY simple!

Steam 2 cups of cauliflower (fresh or frozen) I steam it in the microwave steam bags
    Mash with fork well
    Add a "splash" of cream (honestly whatever kind you would put in your mashed potatoes; I use heavy whipping cream)
    Sprinkle in some salt, pepper, cilantro, garlic and onion powder and MIX!
    Mix in 4 tablespoons of cream cheese (I prefer to use the whipped kind) Mix well!!!
    Put in oven safe dish (I use 2 little Pyrex bowls) and pop in oven on 375 for about 15-20 minutes or until golden on top.

This recipe makes 2 little bowls or 2 servings; use half the ingredients to make enough for 1 person!

Keep in mind that this is a "mash"!! If you want a really smooth texture, use a food processor!

YUM! :heart:
  • tammietifanie
    My inlaws are coming to town today and im so worried cause they love going out wine tasting and we always go to out to eat and im trying so hard to stay on track and i have my sister's wedding this saturday too and of course she's having yummy foods.. How do i stay good this week !! My inlaws live about 7 hours away so we don't see them often and i don't want to be rude to them by telling them no sorry i can't go wine tasting or out to eat. I need a game plan :smile:
  • saverys_gal
    Remember, there's nothing wrong with cheat days!! :wink:

As far as wine tasting...all I can say is maybe taste a few? Either that or just say screw it: eat great the day of and don't worry about it during the wine tasting, just enjoy.

Now the wedding: again, eat well all day long and make the best choices possible at the wedding but if there's something you really want to eat while you're there, I say go for it!

Remember, special occasions are to be enjoyed and you can almost always work your food needs into them! :smile:
  • tammietifanie
    Im hoping that since i will be very busy friday i won't have time to eat bad lol but today and tomorrow im worried they will want to go out. O and to top it off on saturday besides the wedding it's my son's 2nd birthday and i think sunday we are taking him out some where like sea world..I better just spend all day today working out :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • saverys_gal
    LOL. Yeah, sounds like you just need to plan on having one of those weeks girl! Honestly? What I would do in your situation is just make the best of it! Eat well and work out when you can but enjoy yourself!! If there's anything I've learned in the past year, it's to enjoy myself when I'm out with friends and family!! Of course, I don't mean totally jump off the deep end! But in moderation! I wouldn't freak out TOO much. Remember, most places offer salads and meat and veggies which makes life a lot easier for us doing LC!
  • tammietifanie
    Im hoping to at least get out for walks with my baby that way i can get some workouts in! And your right i should enjoy this time but i hate working my butt off and then blow it at a wedding or when family comes to visit..
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Ok ya all.......so I got up this am, and well.....the scale said 256 the 2nd day in a row......but this is with my clothes on......went to my grandmothers house and stepped on her scale and hers read 253. My husband weight 232 at home this morning and 232 at granny's........I am thinking I might actually be lower than 256 today!!!!!!! Tomorrow I will post my loss again!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at my girlfriends house until 8pm last night trying to help her get all her chickens in a row........hoping her meeting with the attorney today was good.......

How is everyone?
  • sassiebritches
    TMI about TOM, if you are queezy...do not read............

Ok, so since I have had the Mirena IUD and since I have gained alot of weight I have gone through the symptoms of TOM without having the actual TOM....well since I have started Atkins and am on the last 8 months of my IUD I have had a period. SO since I started losing weight low carb, I seem to be regular again.

I can't remember really gaining weight around my TOM and it has been years since I have been "normal" with my cycle......is it normal to gain before - and lose weight during or gain during and lose after or??????????? Just curious! And BTW I am excited about my TOM....cause this means that my body is getting healthier........I never believed the "fat" can affect your TOM until I didn't have one..........................

Ok, queezy people....you can look now :ohwell:
  • sassiebritches
    BELLLLLLL PEPPERS...........................I returned my Atkins book....can I have Bell Peppers in Induction and what is the carb / fiber count for a small one :)
  • saverys_gal
    Yay sassie! I hope you have a bigger loss than you were expecting! As I said, some people lose in fits and starts! I think you're one of them. :smile:

As far as TOM...I think most of us do bloat right before it starts and it will generally go away during the first few days. The # of lbs. that you may "gain" will vary! I used to bloat between 5-7lbs!! Now I normally only bloat by 2-4lbs.
    That's GREAT news about having a regular TOM again!!! Carrying around any extra weight can certainly affect TOM, so hopefully you will get into a regular cycle!

As far as bell peppers: the list of veggies for induction just says peppers are ok, but does not specify what kind. I know I ate them during induction. From my research, a medium green bell pepper has around 8g carbs, about 2.5 g fiber, 30 calories, 3-4g sugar and 1-2g protein. This is just a rough average from a couple of websites.
    It's a good green veggie, so I think you're safe. :smile:
  • sassiebritches
    Yay sassie! I hope you have a bigger loss than you were expecting! As I said, some people lose in fits and starts! I think you're one of them. :smile:

As far as TOM...I think most of us do bloat right before it starts and it will generally go away during the first few days. The # of lbs. that you may "gain" will vary! I used to bloat between 5-7lbs!! Now I normally only bloat by 2-4lbs.
    That's GREAT news about having a regular TOM again!!! Carrying around any extra weight can certainly affect TOM, so hopefully you will get into a regular cycle!

As far as bell peppers: the list of veggies for induction just says peppers are ok, but does not specify what kind. I know I ate them during induction. From my research, a medium green bell pepper has around 8g carbs, about 2.5 g fiber, 30 calories, 3-4g sugar and 1-2g protein. This is just a rough average from a couple of websites.
    It's a good green veggie, so I think you're safe. :smile:

Thanks Saverys.................................................gonna have maybe a small amount of those peppers in my salad tonight! Also, happy with the weight loss....I think I could handle a standstill for 2 weeks if after the standstill I lose 10lbs! then seems worth it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • saverys_gal
    I think your peppers are a safe bet!! I really can't see that ANY green veggie is off limits!! Enjoy them in your salad! :smile:

Heck, I'd be happy with a 2 week standstill too if it meant I'd lose 10lbs! Can't wait for your next update!!

How is everyone doing this Thursday morning??
  • sassiebritches
    256.2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!! So it's officially day #3 at 256.2. So weird, last week this time I was hoping that my 258 would stick after a 2.5 week stuck.....here I am 1 week later logging 5 lbs down.......hope this keeps up, I am officially 6 lbs too heavy for my Gazelle, but gonna get on it today anyway....so hoping by adding some workouts I can kickstart a good loss! WHEWY!
  • saverys_gal
    Man, must be a lazy week for our little group! Guess everyone is busy!!

How is everyone doing?

I am so glad today is Friday!!! :bigsmile:
  • sassiebritches
    I am having a single bag of popcorn.....just thought I would feel better if I told someone......this will put me over on induction..Oh well.....
  • saverys_gal
    @ sassie: I really wouldn't worry about popcorn much. You're eating one of the small bags! And so long as it's a "treat" and not something you eat frequently, I think it's healthy because it's a fairly good source of fiber and is actually a roughage fiber, so it's very good for your system! I ate popcorn here and there on induction and I keep the 100 calorie bags at work and at home as a nice treat! :smile:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Good morning everybody. beautiful morning her but hot and humid.

No Plans for this weekend. as far as I know none of the kids are coming out. Next weekend my granddaughter is getting married in Mo. but I can not travel that far. It is 7 hour drive. and my butt is sstill too sore or that.

Looking froward to college football tonight. I will be watching TexasLlonghorns.

Have a wonderful day
    Marie
This discussion has been closed.