Group LLC - September 2010

Replies

• dmhaag
    dmhaag Posts: 172 Member
    I saw a post about this LLC group on another thread called "Anyone Doing Atkins." I would be intersted in joining. I have been doing Atkins since January and have lost pretty consistently on it (over 50 pounds since January). I am in OWL now, with spurts back to Induction when I feel like I've hit a plateau. I also did original Atkins 6 years ago, and lost 70 lbs, but ended up moving in with my grandmother and her home cooked southern meals for a year, and gained it all back. I don't really like the tracking and message boards on the Atkins site, and love that there is a group here on MFP.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Happy Monday one and all!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Now you ladies better get your booties over here and start typing!! :wink:

@ Marie: did you have a good weekend?

Welcome dmhaag!! We're always happy to have someone new around here! :flowerforyou:

So let me just tell you guys...sunburns=major water retention!! :grumble: The hubs and I went out yesterday to this old Virginia thing...basically a HUGE fair where there's all sorts of things set up that show what Virginia was like in the past. Now it was pretty darn cool. However, there was NO shade, no place to step inside and cool off. Of course there was also no place to buy sunscreen and I don't exactly travel with it! Now I'm really fair skinned and don't tan AT ALL! We'd never been to this before so we had no idea...so I was dressed fairly conservatively in jeans and a t-shirt, with just my chest and the back of my neck and arms exposed...well that was enough. Ladies, I FRIED! My chest, neck and back of my neck are like a damn lobster! I'm up to 157lbs. from water retention from a flippin' sunburn! :noway:
    So I called it quits after 3 hours or so yesterday...we got home and I did cool compresses, chamomile tea bags, a steaming hot shower and loads of aloe vera...and I am covered up as much as possible today so people can't see the redness! I think I'll be wearing a light scarf tomorrow! Hopefully my skin starts to repair itself ASAP and this water weight goes away! :sad:
  • Happy Monday to everyone,
    @ Saverys - I hope that sunburn goes away soon it must hurt so badly. OUCH :(
    I am absolutely exhausted today I had a busy couple of days and today I get to rest...well maybe. I have done ok with my plan. I went out to eat with my family and my in laws. I ate steak and a caesar salad so not too bad. I hope everyone has a wonderful day :)
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Hey ladies!!!!! I will be back on track tomorrow!!!! It's been a long week! Hope everyone is doing great and is having a wonderful week so far
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Good Tuesday Morning..Beautiful day out this morning?

Savery how is the sunburned this morning? They can be so painful.
    I am pretty ell on track this week.

Hope the rest of you are doing fine.

Marie
  • saverys_gal
    Thanks manndapanda & Marie! The sunburn is doing better today-it's gone from lobster.tomato red down to a pink, so I'm hoping to avoid peeling!!! :laugh:

It's a gorgeous day here too Marie! Glad you're on track so far for the week!

Get your booty back on over here when you have a chance tammietifanie! We've missed you! :flowerforyou:
  • Here is a good article on water and weight loss...enjoy!!!

http://www.exercise4weightloss.com/water-and-weight-loss.html
  • saverys_gal
    Here is a good article on water and weight loss...enjoy!!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

More reasons to drink our water!! I've already had 120ozs. today and it's not quite 3PM! I :heart: H20!!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Lost another pound! And this is actually above 20 grams....seems I lose when I go up....not at 20 grams or less. I am officially averaging about 2lbs a week now.......this is a steady happy for me!

Hope you are all doing great!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    great Sassie

Savery thanks for the article on water. I need to work very hard on that.
  • Trying hard to drink enough water. Some days are better than others. I can tell when I drink the proper amounts. Having an ok day, although I did eat a handful of potato chips. Had that craving for crunchy and salty and can't find anything low carb for that. Otherwise it is a beautiful day and I am enjoying it! Hope you are all having a good day, as well!
  • saverys_gal
    @ profjan: Try popcorn!! You can get the 100 calorie bags and they have anywhere from 16-24 grams of carbs a bag and around 5 grams of fiber. Plus it's crunchy and salty and fairly good for you! :smile:
  • Here is a good article on water and weight loss...enjoy!!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

More reasons to drink our water!! I've already had 120ozs. today and it's not quite 3PM! I :heart: H20!!

I have only had 96 oz so far...night is not over yet...lol
  • saverys_gal
    LOL @ Colette. You are going to float away with me! How much water do you try and goal yourself to drink? I think the only reason I don't have a hard time getting in all my water is because that's all I drink with the exception of my couple of cups of tea, which I do count towards my water intake.
  • tammietifanie
    Hello Ladies!!!!!!!!

Im pushing myself to get back on track even though it was so nice celebrating my sister's wedding and having my in-laws down i really need to get back on LC. My body does not handle high carbs at all i was sick from about sunday to now and i know it's from eating off track and putting all that junk into my body. I already have my meals planned out for today and will push myself to stay on track.

Way to go Colette and Saverys_gal for drinking so much water! Way to go

Sassie: Losing 2lbs a week is amazing congrats!
  • saverys_gal
    Girl, your body was detoxing from all the carbs and sugar!!!! :sick:

It's all good though! You're back on track now! Start chugging that water and keep checking in with us to stay on that LC track! You can do it girl! :drinker:
  • LOL @ Colette. You are going to float away with me! How much water do you try and goal yourself to drink? I think the only reason I don't have a hard time getting in all my water is because that's all I drink with the exception of my couple of cups of tea, which I do count towards my water intake.

I try getting in my 64 oz a day...minimum....:drinker:
  • tammietifanie
    My body was big time Detoxing from all the carbs and sugar!!!! I was so sick on monday i layed all day on my couch with the worse upset stomach my mother in law was shocked how my body got so use to eating healthy that just a few days off track made me so sick!!! :cry:
  • saverys_gal
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: <<<<<This will be Collette, tammietifanie and myself! Let's drink up ladies, and float away!! :laugh:

Oh I hear you girl! Whenever I eat pizza now, it sets off my acid reflux SO badly!! That's my one and only true downfall fortunately, so I don't normally go off track otherwise...but I remember when I tried counting calories after having been on Atkins already...OMG...my body was NOT happy! I just felt so crappy. Even now, that's why I'm having a hard time upping my carbs...my body really thrives on LC eating! But I'm working on adding in at least one food a day that's a good carb that's got way more in it...like my sweet potato last night! Today I've done fruit...and I *think* I may have a bagel thin with my eggs and bacon for dinner. :devil: Hehe...
  • tammietifanie
    I can't wait for thanksgiving so i can treat myself to some sweet potato's they are my favorite!!!!!! My body doesn't do too bad if i stick to 1 slice of 100% whole wheat bread but more then that and im in pain and not feeling good...
This discussion has been closed.