Group LLC - September 2010

Replies

• saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Hey chica! I'll be brutally honest with your question: I don't give a gosh darn about my calorie intake! :laugh: But depending on what foods I eat, my intake ranges from 850-1600. I know that's a pretty wide range but it can really vary depending on the foods I'm eating for that day. But I find my normal daily intake to be right between 1000 and 1200. Today I'm finally getting over 1200 because I'm having eggs for dinner. :smile:
    To answer your other question: yes, I feel that my normal daily intake is a great amount for me. I never EVER let myself be hungry and most of the time I'm pretty full eating the 1000-1200 calories...and that's without eating back what I work off!!

Hope this answers your question! :flowerforyou:
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Im just bouncing around with what i need to do to turn this in to a life style for when hubby comes home cause what's the point doing LC if your not going to turn it into a life style but i know for a fact i won't be sticking to 20-30 net carbs a day once my hubby gets back and i rather find a balance now that way when he comes back i can still enjoy my meals with him and not worry about gaining my weight back. So im trying to find a way to stay LC but be able to cook for the whole family cause there's no way im cooking him his own little meal . I don't believe in that ! I rather cook once for dinner so the whole family eats the same thing.

So i was just seeing what everyone else is doing and if they are still losing weight but find it a easy balance to stay on
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Yep.....IT FINALLY BROKE....Like a good fever.............down 2-3 pounds, at 258 today. Not gonna count them chicks yet though...gotta hold it for a couple days...but whew, those were a couple of rough weeks at 260-261........argh.
  • saverys_gal
    Yep.....IT FINALLY BROKE....Like a good fever.............down 2-3 pounds, at 258 today. Not gonna count them chicks yet though...gotta hold it for a couple days...but whew, those were a couple of rough weeks at 260-261........argh.

WOOT WOOT! I'd say if you maintain those couple of pounds lost for 3 days you can claim them as your own!! WTG sassie! :bigsmile:

@ tammietifanie: my first 6 months of LC were beyond difficult with my hubby because he flat out refused to make ANY changes to his diet and he's the type that HATES pretty much all green stuff. So it was hard and I did cook separate meals after working all day. So what I do now is make the main course-chicken, beef, whatever and do individual sides-whatever he wants and then whatever I want. It really doesn't add much time on to my cooking and it keeps up both happy. Just make swaps where you can; instead of eating a potato, reach for the sweet potato; always go for your green veggies as a side. If you have to make pasta, try and find a low carb version or even a whole wheat-remember whole wheat is added back in on Atkins. :smile:
  • tammietifanie
    I gotta buy the updated book of Atkins i had no clue your allowed whole wheat!!!! I only cook whole wheat if we are going to have pasta, It's just so hard cause now with the holidays i bake a lot! and i still want to bake my kids favorite cookies, pies, cakes and german bread but of course how do you watch everyone eat that stuff and not want to have one your self lol.. He's already talking about us going to our favorite place which a winery lol... O boy
  • tammietifanie
    oops spell check lol meant to say which is a winery!!!
  • saverys_gal
    You're allowed your whole wheat around Phase 3 and 4....not on Induction or Phase 2! I don't think the new Atkins plan has changed that. LOL. I follow the old Atkins so I'm going based on that for you. Remember as you move through the phases you will be adding back in GOOD carbs and whole wheat and grains are GOOD! But they hinder weight loss, which is why they aren't allowed until you've hit pre-maintenance and then maintenance. But still even during the first two phases if you're going to cheat or just have to go off the norm, go for whole wheat-it's way better than anything white! :smile:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    I have my calories at 1410, but I'm lucky if I make that, unless I add a couple glasses of wine/night! When I first started LC/Paleo I was stuffed at 800/daily, but since I burn that in one CrossFit session I really had to make an effort to eat more.

You know - I ate black beans the other night... I'm still paying for it. I'm so bloated, I feel & look like I'm 4-5 mos preg! I had a LC smart wrap today at lunch, and although I had a steak ready for dinner - I couldn't look at it and decided to have a glass of wine with grapes, cheddar and nuts.
  • tammietifanie
    Mojogurl I saw this earlier and had to bit my lip from wanting to say something to these people but i have learned from being on this site for over a year is that people will always Look down on LC living unless they have done it themselves and until then they will never understand how it works and how to do it right.... And that is why i talk to you ladies because we all know the real truth about all the bs that other's post...
  • XFitMojoMom
    I won't disagree that LC is not for everyone... Heck, I don't think I could go fully Atkins myself... but let individuals choose what diet is right for them, based on their needs!
  • saverys_gal
    WOOHOO! Atta girl! I personally decided not to post on that thread. I saw it earlier today and knew it was going to go in that direction and was just not going to get involved-I've gotten involved in the past several nasty LC bashing ones and didn't have it in me to it again. So THANK YOU mojogurl for stepping in and saying things so eloquently! :smile:

And no, Atkins is NOT right for everyone, but neither is calorie counting or Paleo or whatever else is out there! We all have to find what works for us!

BEANS! I love beans but they can be deadly on the bloat and gassy-ness! I've replaced my black beans with black soybeans instead and that's made a world of difference, plus they're LC friendly...and way low sodium.
  • tammietifanie
    Yummy Black soy beans never heard of them ! Im heading to the store soon to stock up and any wonderful things you know that are LC please share with me i never know what to buy when i step into the store!
  • XFitMojoMom
    oh, no... I have an intolerance to all things soy... I get dreadfully ill...:sick:
    You know, it's quite evident in the stickies to be polite and respect one another. this is a very small planet and we need to find a way to get along. when I see a thread on a topic I don't "agree" with (specifically hearing about other people's menses drives me ape *kitten*) - I don't read it, I move along to something I can offer some insight to..
    but whatever. i guess conflict is what is needed in peoples lives.
  • saverys_gal
    Oh no! Yeah, I know a lot of people can't deal with soy. I'm lucky to not have an intolerance, at least that I know of. Soy does however really screw with your body's iron absorption, and since I border on anemic, particularly during that dreaded time, I do take an iron supplement.
    Yes, people just can't stay away from topics that they don't agree with! They have to go in and argue with it.

@tammietifanie: I use black soy beans in place of my beans all the time; they're great in a Mexican dish! :smile:
  • XFitMojoMom
    Yes, people just can't stay away from topics that they don't agree with! They have to go in and argue with it.

GUILTY! :embarassed: :smokin:
  • saverys_gal
    LOL. I think it depends...when we go in and give our views and respect each other, that's great. But I've noticed around here that people have the tendency to go in and just start arguing and bashing something that they don't like, when in reality, they should have kept their noses out of it and just not replied in the first place!!
  • XFitMojoMom
    well - the OP did just that - she started a thread on something she saw in another thread - bashed that person behind his/her back,,. then went on to wag her finger at another poster saying "but I know how to respect the body God gave me, and not laugh at other's opinions or posts." when confronted about her "research".... I was going to point out what a hypocrite that made her... but stepped back :glasses:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    I replied a few times, and then read on and realized my points were already addressed......I think I get irritated by these posts because I researched this before I started.....I looked into it, and though some may not , there are those of us who did, and I also remember alot of these supposed "facts"......I am glad I educated myself, and well thats all I have to say on that.

:drinker:
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Mojogurl I saw this earlier and had to bit my lip from wanting to say something to these people but i have learned from being on this site for over a year is that people will always Look down on LC living unless they have done it themselves and until then they will never understand how it works and how to do it right.... And that is why i talk to you ladies because we all know the real truth about all the bs that other's post...

I went and looked at that lady's previous posts - and she posted elsewhere that she had done Atkins before - and every other weightloss plan under the sun. She obviously, from her picture, still has issues with weight - but yet she has to be a hater and jump all over LC?

From her other posts, she seems to be a nice lady who has had a lot of strife in her life in recent years. While I feel for her in her situation, it was all I could do to not respond and tell her off. I wish people would just mind their own business and get a life. Work their own plan and let us work our plan. At least she didn't come here and post her opinion....
This discussion has been closed.