Group LLC - September 2010

Replies

• HAMMBONE
    HAMMBONE Posts: 155 Member
    Girls, I found this recipe while surfing the web and thought I would share it.
    Lots of raves about how great these waffles are....
    I will have to try them.... YUM

Preheat your waffle iron.

1 8 oz. package cream cheese, cubed
    3 eggs
    2 pkt. Splenda
    1 tsp. or pkt. Stevia Plus
    1 tsp. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. baking soda
    1/2 cup vital wheat gluten
    1 tsp. cider vinegar
    1/4 cup cream
    1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (yep, cheese in your waffles!)

Put all ingredients into a food processor; process until smooth. Open processor and scrape down the sides with a spatula, then process another 60 seconds. The batter will be VERY thick - do NOT thin it down!

Place a heaping tablespoon (the kind you eat cereal with, not a measuring spoon) of batter into each waffle section of the iron and cook as you would regular waffles.

Makes 7 large waffles, approx. 3.6 carbs each

You can reduce the calories by using part-skim ricotta cheese in place of cream cheese and Hood's LC milk in place of the cream, if you like.

These are awesome waffles. Can be frozen and popped into a toaster to reheat.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Hey all my LLC-ers.....been very busy the last 2 days, but I assure you I have been a very good girl.....had a question...I buy the Atkins shakes for that snack / sweets I occasionally enjoy...they are expensive. So I bought Whey Protein Shakes by Jillian for $10 good for like 15 shakes......they have 3 grams of carbs....are these ok while on induction???????
  • Good Morning Everyone,

I would love to join your group of LLC'ers. Ive been on the fitness pal site for awhile and have done well up to when summer began..... then i got side tracked, I lost 25 lbs and as of this morning I weighed myself and put all back on but 7 of of it and I feel like crap. What I did notice that I did do well on a low carb and would like to start back on this again.

SW- 260.0
    GW- 140.0

End of September Goal- 255.
    Christine
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Good mmorning hammbone,s Sassiebritches and welcome CK Holmes Your name aounds like I have heard it before. But anyway welcome abroad. Gld to see you join us.This is Seunday morning and I got up layr. do zi brtter get my breakfast. It will be an egg delight.

Have a wonderful day Low Carbers We got to stick together and get this weight off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Happy Sunday LLCers! Sorry I didn't check in much yesterday but I was walking my booty off at Kings Dominion with the hubby-we were there for 7 hours and walked over 7 miles-what a day! We had a blast though! :happy:

Welcome ckholmes! :flowerforyou: So many of us do best when cutting out those unnecessary carbs! We are happy to have you!

Good morning Marie!! :smile:

sassie - I LOVE the Atkins shakes, but I'm with you, they can be very $$$! So if you have found another one that tastes good, is still low carb and is cost efficient, then by all means, go for it! Double check the sugar on them though just to be safe! And that's a crazy good deal for shakes! Where did you get those at?
  • sassiebritches
    Happy Sunday LLCers! Sorry I didn't check in much yesterday but I was walking my booty off at Kings Dominion with the hubby-we were there for 7 hours and walked over 7 miles-what a day! We had a blast though! :happy:

Welcome ckholmes! :flowerforyou: So many of us do best when cutting out those unnecessary carbs! We are happy to have you!

Good morning Marie!! :smile:

sassie - I LOVE the Atkins shakes, but I'm with you, they can be very $$$! So if you have found another one that tastes good, is still low carb and is cost efficient, then by all means, go for it! Double check the sugar on them though just to be safe! And that's a crazy good deal for shakes! Where did you get those

It is actually a tub- Whey Protein Shakes - Jillian Michaels - Triple choco....Walmart - wehre the atkins stuff is.......mix with water or mix with soy milk or hood......
  • CALIECAT
    I have not been up tp par today.. Spent much of the day in bed. Hoping to feel better tomorrow. Catch you guys later :))))Marie
  • Hey Everyone!! Feels like I haven't been on here in so long!! Sorry I've been MIA, with school starting, I was just trying to be able to have time to sleep and eat let alone checking this thread all the time. You guys are sure busy little bee's on here, it's hard to keep up! Diet was going really well until I went to the fair this weekend. I slipped up into some of my old carb eating habits, idk why!!! I think it was the smells and memories that made me want to. But now I'm back!!! And I also have a huge weight lifted because of my allergies I can't train for the 5 mile run I signed up to do, so I was able to get a replacement for that, and I'm so happy and relieved I feel like dancing! haha So now I'm back to randomly check in when I have time between classes and such. Would you guys want to start a thread about just our menu's for the day? That's one of my fav parts of this group, to get LC meal ideas. I think I'd be able to catch up with that better.

Any thoughts! I'm glad you guys are still LCing!! good luck!
  • Hey all my LLC-ers.....been very busy the last 2 days, but I assure you I have been a very good girl.....had a question...I buy the Atkins shakes for that snack / sweets I occasionally enjoy...they are expensive. So I bought Whey Protein Shakes by Jillian for $10 good for like 15 shakes......they have 3 grams of carbs....are these ok while on induction???????

I have the same one...triple chocolate. It has fructose and stevia extract in it. There are 4 net carbs per serving if made with the water. Add more for soy, almond or other milk type products. I tried it with soy milk, the sugarless one. It was pretty good, but I have not tried it with water yet. Might do that tomorrow!!!
  • isandi
    isandi Posts: 162 Member
    Hi girls,

I am Sandi and I would like to be in your group! Low Carbs is what I need so here I go. I will be off line for the next 3 days and then will be back.

My September goal is to keep my carbs under 75 per day but shooting for the 40. I do use a protiene drink in the A.M. and it has 4 carbs in it. I order it on line and it is called New Lifestyle Diet. It is good!

Will see you back here on Thursday!
  • CALIECAT
    Hello Sandie. How are you doing this morning?. everythin in exas is just fine surpose to get a lot of rain this week. Let it come. Rain is always welcome in Texas. Good luck on your goal this week My goal is to stay within the plan this week.
    MArie
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Happy Monday! Im setting myself a new challenge this week of limit my cheese intake, Work out more and double my water intake! Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor day
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Hi, LLC'rs

Hope everyone is doing well.

Marie,
    Glad to see you are up and around today. Hope you are feeling better.:flowerforyou:

Just wanted to let everyone know that after going through my pantry, I have decided I need to work on the overabundance of canned tomato products and fruit that I have accumulated, not to mention pasta sauce, so while I am still planning on keep carbs relatively low, I really won't be "low carbing" for a while, as I need to use up what I already have in my cupboard.

Now that I know what triggers my cravings for sugary carbs, low carbing should be easier in the future.

So I will probably pop in and read how everyone is doing, but for the next while, I won't be likely to post, as I won't have much to contribute.

Good luck to all.:flowerforyou:

Barb
  • sassiebritches
    How much cheese does everyone eat daily???

I eat as much as I want and usually have it daily....works out to be about 2 - 4 oz a day....unless I grab too many string cheeses :P
  • Hi, hope you are having a really good Labor Day. I was on another site this morning and ran into this link about 146 reasons why sugar is bad for you. Very interesting read... http://www.rheumatic.org/sugar.htm

I also read some interesting information on virgin coconut oil. Its very good for you. There is a link at
    http://www.free-healthy-diet-plans.com There is a lot of great info and sample meal plans. The program is pretty easy, you just eat off the Healthy Food list. There are also some good recipes on that site as well. I am also going to be incorporating some Extra Virgin Coconut oil and coconut milk to my eating plan (as soon as I have some extra money). There is an article on
    http://www.naturalnews.com/z027220_coconut_oil.html on how coconut oil can help you lose weight and the benefits of coconut oil. Just thought I would pass this on.

Hugs,
    Colette
  • I just noticed something today....since I have been eating LC, I have noticed that my veggies have a mild sweetness to them. Anyone else notice this? Amazing how not eating sugar and flour can clean up your taste buds....so this is what real food tastes like...lol

Colette
  • This is very weird but I feel guilty because my stomach feels full. I haven't cheated at all but I feel like I did. I feel crazy for feeling this way. I am just glad that I can look at my food diary and know for sure I'm on track. I weigh in Friday wish me luck. I already have anxiety about it :((
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    I just noticed something today....since I have been eating LC, I have noticed that my veggies have a mild sweetness to them. Anyone else notice this? Amazing how not eating sugar and flour can clean up your taste buds....so this is what real food tastes like...lol

Colette

I noticed the same exact thing, Colette!
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Good morning LLCers! Hope everyone had a great long holiday weekend!

Resalyn- how was your glamping??

I agree with you Colette! :smile:

manndapanda- eating this way I feel SO full most of the time and I know I'm eating great! It will take some getting used to! We're all rooting for you for your next weigh in!!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    MORNING! Hope everyone had a great long weekend!

Back from my weekend away (in Vermont). Glad to go, but also glad to be back home!
    Went to the state fair and did not indulge! In fact, I didn't eat anything at the fair because I've worked so hard for where I am today, that I didn't want to ruin it all in a weekend! I did get stuck eating my youngest daughter's dipping dots ice cream... well, more ice than cream...
    I hate ice cream :grumble:
    I did find Al Dante Carba-nada linguini, la tortilla factory low carb wraps and I brought home some yummy Atkins Advantage 'nola bars!!!

Anyway I didn't have a chance to workout while I was away, but probably for the best since I've been achey and painey for a while now. I took some of my husbands celebrex and feel a world better. My body needed the rest.
This discussion has been closed.