Group LLC - September 2010

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Please don't post your answers here but email me but can someone let me know if they have ordered any of the aktins baking products and if so what did you buy and how much did you like it!!

Thank you!
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    I don't know about y'all, but I am SO glad tomorrow is Friday! I am looking forward to a long holiday weekend! I am beat! :smile:
  • tammietifanie
    Im very excited tomorrow is Friday!!!!!! Not only am i celebrating the half way mark of the deployment on Saturday but i also get to see my girls friends that i don't see very often and get to have some wonderful girl time!! I love weekends like this!
  • Hey!! I hope this is what I do to join the September thread. I am so new to MFP but I LOVE IT! My goal is to get to phase 2 of atkins. I know phase 1 is only supposed to be 2 weeks but I usually have to stay longer on the intro because otherwise I start gaining again :(. Its ok though I love my meats and proteins.
  • tammietifanie
    Welcome Manndapannda07!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Welcome, ManndaPannda! You have now officially joined the group! We come here to just chat about life in general, Livin Low Carb, recipes, successes, setbacks, whatever - this is a great group of supportive people!

Well, it's 3:30 a.m. here and I'm about to leave for work - saving my vacation time, so the only way I can get off early is to go in early - so I"m working 4 to noon today. That's ok, I'm a bit tired, but at least it'll be quiet so I can get some actual work done.....

TTYL! :smile:
  • Resalyn
    Hi everybody - Read an excellent post over at the Atkins website as to why and how your scale may be lying to you - it explains those scale fluctuations that we all see and bemoan - and this also explains how going off a LC plan can result in a very quick water gain. I didn't want to put a link to another site on here - it's against MFP policy, so I copied the entire article into a blog entry and have posted the link below. It's a bit lengthy, but it really is a GREAT read.....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Resalyn/view/weighing-and-your-lying-scale-39227
  • saverys_gal
    TGIF ladies! :bigsmile:

Hope everyone is gearing up for the holiday weekend! I know I sure am! I'm so looking forward to have a 3 day weekend for my anniversary! :smooched:

So this has not been the best of LC weeks for me...I've had so many days picking bad foods! And I haven't exercised since Sunday. That needs to change! I'm having a hard time keeping my sugar in check now that I'm adding back in Phase 3 approved foods but I guess that's something that I have to come to terms with. The scale has been bouncing between 154.2 and 155.6 this week; it really doesn't want to go back to 153.6. :grumble: But I know it will get there!

I do have a NSV to report though! I have no fall/winter clothes to wear this year since obviously I'm not the same size I was this time last year...so I went out last night to get at least a couple of pieces to start me off. Well, my goal from Day One has been to get into a size 8 bottom...I did that last night!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile: I now own a size 8 skirt! And all of my tops are smalls and mediums! I never thought I would see this day again!!

*does a happy dance*
  • tammietifanie
    :( My day has been way off today!!! Im going to weigh in tomorrow morning! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Here wishing eevery one Happy and safe Labor Day they are finding out its a lot of work..
    I don't cook any big dinners anymore leaving it up to my girls and they are not talking. I have 2 girls and they take turns for Christmas and Thanksgiving. ONe lives 50 miles west of us and the other one 50 miles east of us. My boy is in St. louis But did hear last night that he is coming down for Thankgiving to go to the Cowboys game, So have a nice holiday. Marie
  • tammietifanie
    How much cheese does everyone eat daily???
  • How much cheese does everyone eat daily???

I eat from 2-4 oz a day, but not every day.

Colette
  • CALIECAT
    less than 2 0z.
  • Resalyn
    As most of you know, I"ll be offline til Monday - y'all have a WONDERFUL weekend! Talk to you soon - and stay strong!
  • CALIECAT
    Good Saturday Morning
    nice fall day this morning you got to love it.
    Got to plan my attack on foods today.
    Hope you all a very happy day
    Marie
  • saverys_gal
    Good Saturday Morning
    nice fall day this morning you got to love it.
    Got to plan my attack on foods today.
    Hope you all a very happy day
    Marie

Good morning early bird! We're going to be a cool 82 here today and I'll enjoy it if I can ever get outside! Hope everyone is having a great Saturday so far!
  • HAMMBONE
    HAMMBONE Posts: 155 Member
    Here's the recipe for egg muffins:

Makes 12 muffins

6 eggs & 6 egg whites
    4 oz Canadian bacon or extra lean deli ham or breakfast sausage (cooked)
    4 oz shredded low fat SHARP cheddar cheese
    1/2 medium bell pepper, finely chopped
    1 green onion (top only), finely chopped
    1 teaspoon each salt & pepper
    1/4 teaspoon baking powder

Make a batch of delicious Kimkins muffins and you'll always have a quick breakfast to grab on the go! Freeze a double batch and reheat for 15 seconds in microwave. Try ham, sausage, chorizo, different cheeses & veggies.

Preheat oven to 350 F. Use 12 cup silicone muffin pan for best results. If using regular muffin pan, put 2 paper liners into each slot.

Chop veggies very fine. Whisk together eggs, cheese and spices in a large bowl. Pour into muffin pan until 2/3 full. Mix together meat & veggies. Add a small amount to each muffin and gently push down into the egg mixture.

Bake 15-20 minutes until muffins have risen and are slightly browned and set.

Tip: Use a food scale so you don't go over on cheese, sausage or ham.

Calories: 69
    Carbs: 1 gram
    Protein: 9 grams
    Fat: 3 grams
  • saverys_gal
    Here's the recipe for egg muffins:

Makes 12 muffins

6 eggs & 6 egg whites
    4 oz Canadian bacon or extra lean deli ham or breakfast sausage (cooked)
    4 oz shredded low fat SHARP cheddar cheese
    1/2 medium bell pepper, finely chopped
    1 green onion (top only), finely chopped
    1 teaspoon each salt & pepper
    1/4 teaspoon baking powder

Make a batch of delicious Kimkins muffins and you'll always have a quick breakfast to grab on the go! Freeze a double batch and reheat for 15 seconds in microwave. Try ham, sausage, chorizo, different cheeses & veggies.

Preheat oven to 350 F. Use 12 cup silicone muffin pan for best results. If using regular muffin pan, put 2 paper liners into each slot.

Chop veggies very fine. Whisk together eggs, cheese and spices in a large bowl. Pour into muffin pan until 2/3 full. Mix together meat & veggies. Add a small amount to each muffin and gently push down into the egg mixture.

Bake 15-20 minutes until muffins have risen and are slightly browned and set.

Tip: Use a food scale so you don't go over on cheese, sausage or ham.

Calories: 69
    Carbs: 1 gram
    Protein: 9 grams
    Fat: 3 grams

Yum yum! Sounds like a breakfast I would actually eat! I'll have to give those a whirl one day! Thanks for sharing hammbone! :flowerforyou:
  • HAMMBONE
    HAMMBONE Posts: 155 Member
    Hey all, no big holiday plans here either... lol
    Except to get my butt out of this chair and MOVE.

Marie, we were suppose to drop in the 50's last night. Did NOT happen.
    I am so glad it has cooled off. Have a great weekend, weather wise!!!

Res, have a great time camping or glamping...LOL

S'gal, hope you have a great day too.

To those I do not know yet, have a wonderful LOSERS day!!!
  • tammietifanie
    Good Morning everyone!!! I Hope everyone is having a wonderful saturday and has a great labor day weekend! I got some wonderful news this morning on top of me weighing in and losing 2lbs this week! I don't think my weekend could have started off any better!

Thank you for everyone's input on how much cheese they eat daily! I always wondered how much cheese i should and shouldn't eat! I think im going to try something for this new's weeks challenge and see if it works but i'll post it on monday!
This discussion has been closed.